cotton candy and cake

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One step forward. Two steps back.

That is the perfect way to describe bae's relationship with Irene now.

Just yesterday they were getting along. Everything seemed fine. But Irene went back to her old self. Mean. Haughty. And annoying.

But that did not discourage bae from still trying to be nice to Irene. Bae was starting to become a bit of a softy for Irene. So, She wanted to be the bigger person and act mature and respect her. Even if Irene didn’t.

 

"good morning miss Irene" bae smiled at Irene who seemed to find a piece of bacon more interesting than greeting the girl who sat next to her.

 

Bae sensed that Irene was ignoring her and instead turned to the headmaster.

 

"good morning headmaster. The first snow this winter looks beautiful"  bae pointed at the garden just outside the dining room window.

 

The headmaster gave bae a warm fatherly smile and nodded

 

"good morning to you too bae. You and Irene are looking prettier than any first snow or view"

 

Bae let out a soft laugh while Irene cringed

 

"I never knew you were such a sweet talker headmaster"

 

"oh I am. Irene just doesn't appreciate it I suppose"

 

The headmaster looked a bit sad after he said that. Playing with his untouched plate of food. I caught a glance of Irene rolling her eyes.

 

"my father never had anything sweet to say. Irene is a lucky girl to have you headmaster" bae said as she poked the scrambled eggs on her plate. And started eating.

 

Irene squinted at bae and then looked at the headmaster who bae managed to wipe his previous frown away. He took a cup of tea and before he took his first sip he said.

 

"I heard a rumor about you and the student council president, Irene" Irene froze and looked at the headmaster.

 

The tension was suffocating. It like that feeling when you're staying over at a friends' house and their parents start scolding them in front of you. But the headmaster wasn’t scolding anyone. Yet.

 

"what did you hear grandpa" Irene's tone wasn’t questioning. It was cheerful. She was playing dumb. And bae just gawked at how thick-skinned Irene was being.

 

The headmaster owned the school. Of course, he would know if the STUDENT COUNCIL PRESEIDENT is dating his GRANDDAUGHTER. Who was Irene trying to fool?

 

The headmaster looked at Irene to study how she was acting before asking another question "who asked the other to start dating?"

 

Irene was trying to drink some juice but the headmaster's blunt question caught her off guard. She busted into a coughing fit. bae her back and gave her a napkin to wipe the juice that spilled all over the place.

 

Irene looked at her grandfather and figured beating around the bush wasn’t going to work.

 

"Bogum confessed and I thought I would give him a chance"

 

bae looked at the headmaster who was looking at her. He looked down and then looked back at his granddaughter.

 

"if that is what would make you happy Irene. Then do what you please. But I will not support it and I am and sure you know the reason for that." the headmaster laid his fork and knife down and got up to leave.

 

Bae looked at Irene. Her head hung low her facial expressions only showed sadness and guilt.

 

 "miss Irene we have to go too" Irene snapped her head up and looked at bae. She frowned and rolled her eye before getting up and heading for the car.

 

The ride to school was quiet. Too quiet for bae's liking. She was determined to have a better relationship with Irene. Even if Irene didn’t feel the same.

 

Bae and Irene arrived to the usual mob waiting for Irene.

 

"miss Irene are you really dating the president ?!"

 

"who confessed to the other one?"

 

"this is just like a romantic movie! You two are finally together"

 

The crowd of excited girls didn’t hesitate to throw questions and absolutely didn’t hesitate to invade bae's and Irene's personal space and privacy.

 

The crowed looked less today. No male fans today. Which bae just assumed that they were crying in some hallway cursing Bogum while thinking why Irene chose a handsome, smart, tall guy over them.

 

But who is bae to judge them? Might as well join them later.

 

"okay girls. we need to go now" bae gently nudged one of the three girls who were a bit TOO close to Irene.

 

The girl thought it was a good idea to bully bae.

 

Wrong idea kiddo.

 

"who the hell are you? Aren’t you the commoner who got here out of charity ? who do you think you are?"

 

The two girls behind her seemed to know better and poked her repeatedly.

 

"Pst you idiot she beat up kai so bad he was in the hospital for 3 weeks stop provoking her!"

 

"huh? Those are just rumors! Answer me 'peasant' who the hell are you"

 

Bae's mom told her never to hit a girl. But the mention of the word peasant tempted her.

 

Bae decided its better to ignore the girl. She looked at Irene and motioned her to follow her to class.

 

But Irene was halted when the same girl who bae was trying to ignore grabbed her hand.

 

"miss Irene!" she said with a tone seeping desperation. "wont you tell us about you and the president? I will treat you to lunch today!"

 

Bae was getting tired at this point. She walked slowly until she stood in front of the much shorter girl and just loomed over her.

 

"w-what do you want you peasant. Get away from me"

 

Bae looked at the girl's hand grabbing Irene and then looked back at the girl.

 

Bae then smacked the girl's hand away and held Irene's hand and looked back at the girl.

 

"I want to go to class. I suggest you head there too. Shindong might be closer than you think"

 

Irene looked at bae confused by her actions and then looked back to see shindong crossing his arms waiting for the crowd of girls to take notice of him.

 

Irene held an airy laugh which turned into giggles which turned into full blown laughter.

 

Bae smiled at Irene her sad mood from the morning seemed to be gone. Bae let Irene's hand go and continued walking to class.

 

She stopped once she noticed a certain princess wasn’t following her.

 

"miss Irene?"

 

Irene was standing like she was in a daze. Bae walked closer because Irene didn’t look so good.

 

"miss Irene are you okay?"

 

Irene looked at bae like bae was the biggest idiot o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter