Flash From The Past

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finals are over. Meiqi managed to pass with decent grades and for the last time in her second year of high school. Bae is still no.1. the third year graduation ceremony was a chaotic mess. Bogum was running away from all the girls trying to get a picture with him and the student council members watched him and laughed. Bae was walking around with Tiffany and Meiqi looking for Amber and Kyungsoo. Taeyeon came up to us and suggested we have a movie night to de-stress. Kyungsoo and Amber soon popped up and the gang all got into Bae's car. The small car couldn’t possibly carry all 6 comfortably but after a quick game of rock paper scissors. Taeyeon was victorious and sat next to Bae. The car ride consisted of screaming.

"HEY MEIQI IS TICKLISH! AT IT HER!" Tiffany screamed and soon after Meiqi was attacked by a ruthless barrage of tickles.

"aAAhhHH guys sto- wahahahhaha" Meiqi was squirming and laughing her off. Until she kicked Bae in the back of her head.

"… I am not into Meiqi. But if I change my mind you can kick while I am not driving…" Taeyeon bursted into laughter while the backseat was wallowing in guilt

 

 The gang watched horror movies and almost all of them enjoyed it. But Amber and Taeyeon were the only ones who hated every spooky second of it. So Bae suggested to just chill for the rest of the night. Taeyeon talked to Bae privately. Her serious tone made alarmed Bae.

"so the anniversary is next week. I want to come with you. And this is not up for negotiations!" Taeyeon hush yelled at Bae.

"I don’t exactly mind it… I would appreciate it if I had someone to come with me…" Bae still didn’t feel strong enough to face this alone.

"Hey guys Meiqi is dancing! WAHAHAHA GET IT MEIQI" Meiqi was somehow drunk and dancing on the table. Amber and Tiffany her personal cheer squad were ecstatic.

Bae smiled and just the took the sight in. compared to Meiqi. Bae was living in different world. Meiqi the dancing queen, beautiful and the life of the party. Bae the smartass and first of her class.

"miss Bae!" Meiqi ran toward Bae and for a second Meiqi forgot what personal space was but Bae wasn’t complaining. But what Meiqi said made her seem so far away.

"I am going to my relatives for the holidays! Ohh I totally forgot to tell you! But don’t worry I am going next week so… yeah!" Meiqi looked apologetic but excited to visit her relatives. Bae didn’t understand the concept of a large family. Her mother was larger than life in her eyes and that’s all Bae needed. But her only family is not there anymore. Bae simply nodded and Meiqi was dragged by Amber and Tiffany to have a dance off.

Why are they all drunk?

The night was over and the gang was gone. Bae laid on her bed and thought of her mother and before she knew it she drifted to sleep.

"… did you get into another fight Bae? Taeyeon what happened?"

"…."

"sigh… you're a mess… come let's clean those wounds…"

"…"

"does it hurt?"

"no! I am strong mommy!"

"yes yes my strong dependable Bae always fights the bad guys right?~"

"…." Bae was obviously in pain but held her tears in.

"it's okay to cry… when you're with mommy you can cry all you want…" Bae looked at her mother. Her smile was accepting and warm. But Bae refused to cry.

"I know I know~~ when things hurt for mommy she cries too… but Bae always makes mommy happy when she cries…" Bae laid down on her mother's lap and as quietly as possible. The tears streamed down her small face.

"you are mommy's pride" Bae's mother said in a warm tone as she Bae's hair.

Bae's mom still held her and, in an attempt, to calm her down. she began to sing for Bae.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8qmXFV-kpg

"I love you. I love you. I am not saying this with my voice I am saying this with my heart. I breathe for you. I live for you. You're my everything~" Taeyeon stood there speechless. Her tough unbreakable friend is sleeping in her mother's embrace. She thought that after all. Bae was really the one that needed to be protected the most.

……..

Bae woke up in cold sweat. She doesn’t dream of her mother as often as she did. But today was different.

Meiqi was nowhere to be seen. Bae found a note saying Meiqi is getting groceries. So Bae went back to her room. Washed up. And left to the café.

"good morning miss kim… wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter