009

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

009

 

 

Author’s POV

“So Jiyeon, will you be my girlfriend?”

Seongwoo’s sudden question caused everyone to turn speechless. There were only silence until Sehun broke it, “Ong Seongwoo, this is not a time to joke around.” He said, sounding quite tensed.

“But I’m not joking. You should know better since you know my feelings towards Jiyeon and you’re trying to hook us up before. You want me to give Jiyeon the happiness she deserves.” Seongwoo explained and that was when it hit Sehun.

He was careless. He didn’t remember that part, but he acknowledged that it had happened before. Back then when Jiyeon was in her worst state, he didn’t know what to do about it so he decided to just send Seongwoo to make her happy. The reality had hit him. He had forgotten the fact that his friend had fell for Jiyeon even before he did, especially when Seongwoo hardly took interest in women until he met Jiyeon. Sehun’s pupils were shaking when he realized the situation. He secretly took a glance at Jiyeon who was also sending a confuse gaze towards him.

“Sehun, why are you being like that to your friend? You should support him. We’ve known Seongwoo since forever, and you should know that he’s a very reliable person. I think he’s a good match for Jiyeon. Right?” His mother voiced out her thought.

“It’s not that. I was just…” Sehun halted his words there, didn’t dare to resume his words when his eyes met his father’s.

The older man was just blankly staring at his son but when Sehun paused, he asked something that raised more tension, “Why Sehun? You don’t think Seongwoo’s good for Jiyeon? Who is it then? You?”

Sehun’s expression hardened and none of the other people there dared to talk, “I… Shouldn’t I focus on my study first?” Sehun avoided answering the question.

“Great. Since I have many plans for you, you’ll be busy. You won’t have time to take care of Jiyeon like you do now especially when you guys aren’t gonna enroll in the same college. I know you care for Jiyeon because we do too, so it’s just right to have Seongwoo by her side. I’m pretty sure Jiyeon is fine with that, right Jiyeon?” Sehun’s father looked at Jiyeon and curled a light smile.

Jiyeon calmly smiled back and nodded, “I’m fine with that. Please don’t worry about me Sehun. I’ll be fine since Seongwoo’s gonna be with me.” She assured.

Sehun just replied with a quick and brief smile, although only he knew how frustrated and stuffy he felt right now because he couldn’t stand for himself and just tell his parents about him and Jiyeon, “Make sure you take good care of Jiyeon, Seongwoo. I trust you.” He told.

“I will, for sure. By the way Jiyeon, I’m fine if you’re not ready to suddenly have a boyfriend yet. So let’s remain as friends.” Seongwoo then said, spreading his positivity with a wide grin.

“Thank you Seongwoo.”

 

---

 

            Jiyeon was resting on the bed while playing on her phone that night. She jutted her lips, feeling bored as she didn’t really know what to do. She finally placed her phone on the bed and began staring blankly at the ceiling, reminded of the thing that happened earlier during dinner. She really didn’t expect that and now she wondered about everything that had been said at that time. She didn’t manage to talk to Sehun yet since both of them had been staying in their own room after Seongwoo and Jisoo left. But just as she was thinking about Sehun, a knock was heard and his voice could be heard outside the door.

“Jiyeon, I’m here.”

“Oh!” Jiyeon then ran to the door and opened it for him, “Sehun, I don’t think it’s okay to visit each other’s rooms for now.” She whispered.

“It’s okay. My parents left for work a few minutes ago. They won’t be coming home for a few days.” Sehun informed before he then made his way into Jiyeon’s room.

Sehun sat on the couch and signaled Jiyeon to sit next to him, which she gladly did. As soon as Jiyeon settled next to him, he wrapped his arm around Jiyeon’s shoulders and pulled her closer to him. Jiyeon tilted up her head to look at Sehun. He was smiling, but she noticed that the smile was somewhat gloom. She knew something was bothering him, so she quickly grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers, “It’s okay Sehun. I would do the same too if I’m in your place so please don’t feel bad about denying our relationship. I’m fine, really.” Jiyeon said, trying to comfort him.

“That is one thing Jiyeon. But I’m more concern about your thought on what Seongwoo said. Aren’t you curious about me trying to hook you guys up?” Sehun questioned and his eyes didn’t leave Jiyeon’s face, checking on her expression.

However, she just smiled before answering the question, “Of course I do. But that was when you didn’t fall for me yet, right?” She tried to brighten up the atmosphere by showing a positive smile.

“Thanks for being understanding Jiyeon. But now I feel so guilty towards Seongwoo. It’s as if I’m betraying him. He has always been forward to me about his feeling towards you, he trusted me. I knew for sure that he likes you so much, because he had never shown such interest to any other women before you. What will happen when he finds out about us, Jiyeon? Will he hate me? Is he going to stop befriending me?” He asked and there was an obvious concern in his voice, and he’s showing a worried expression too.

“Sehun… you should calm down.” Jiyeon tried to calm him.

“And then my parents… they’ll probably give us a very hard time if they are to find out about this. I’m sorry I dragged you into this mess Jiyeon.” He sent an apologetic gaze which Jiyeon received well.

“No Sehun, it’s okay. I understand.” Jiyeon convinced.

“Jiyeon… please hear me out,” Sehun grabbed Jiyeon’s shoulders. They were now silently staring straight into each other’s eyes until Sehun broke the silence, “Maybe… you should stop loving me, and I should stop loving you.” Sehun finally said it, and his heart felt so stuffy when he saw Jiyeon’s lips formed a sad smile.

“I get it, Sehun. There’s no point staying in a relationship that could only bring you harm, so we should stop before it gets worse. You don’t wanna lose Seongwoo, and you don’t wanna get on your parents’ bad side right?” Jiyeon said her points, trying to stay calm while Sehun was speechless.

His grip on Jiyeon’s shoulders finally loosened as his eyes were getting teary. Instead, he pulled Jiyeon closer and wrapped his arms around her petite body, “Even if it means I have to lose you?” Sehun whispered the question.

“Yes, Sehun.” Hearing the answer, Sehun tightened his embrace, reluctant to let go the person that had filled his empty life with love.

“I have nothing to look forward to before I met you. But now I have to let you go when I need you the most. But I really couldn’t bring myself to hurt Seongwoo.” His voice sounded so painful with every word he uttered.

Jiyeon pulled away from the hug and she cupped Sehun’s face, “We’re walking different paths now. I can’t always be there for you anymore. And Seongwoo is so lucky to have such a great friend like you.” She then shot a sweet smile, but that smile pierced through Sehun’s heart like a knife.

“How could you still smile like that when I just told you to stop loving me? I just broke your heart Jiyeon. You shouldn’t be smiling. You should hate me.” Sehun weakly said.

“I can’t… I’m still grateful. You’ve done enough for me. I’m glad you chose not to hurt your friend. I’m so proud of you.” Jiyeon calmly talked, still smiling.

“Jiyeon, I’m sorry…”

Jiyeon didn’t answer that. She just slightly nodded and gently patted Sehun’s shoulder. However, Sehun’s eyes didn’t leave her face. He cupped Jiyeon’s face with both of his hands and slowly leaned forward. Their hearts were pounding faster as the distance between them lessened. Their lips were only an inch away when Sehun halted for a second. That was when Jiyeon closed her eyes and Sehun finally pressed his lips on Jiyeon’s and stayed that way for almost a minute until he pulled away. That was their first and last kiss. Both of them slowly opened their eyes and stared at each other with sorrowful heart. Both of them intertwined their hands for one last time and both could feel the emptiness when they let go. Sehun then left the room and Jiyeon just sent him off with a smile. Once the door was tightly shut, the smile on her face disappeared and tears began running down her eyes. She felt pain, the same way Sehun did. Their love was deep, but last only a short of time because the sky wasn’t on their side. But does their fate end there?

 

--------------------------------------

 

*six years later*

 

            Six years had passed since the day Sehun and Jiyeon parted ways. They didn’t see their future together because of the elderly and to keep their friendship

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter