016

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

016

 

 

Author’s POV

“Jiyeon, are you okay?”

Jiyeon and Seongwoo was on their way to drop Jiyeon home after their unplanned movie date. It’s already night time so they decided to go back right away after dinner. Jiyeon didn’t talk much which was nothing strange because she was usually timid, but Seongwoo caught something uncanny about her behavior.

Jiyeon turned to look at Seongwoo once she heard to the question, “I’m okay Seongwoo, don’t worry.” She smiled and Seongwoo nodded in relief before he focused on driving again.

“But Jiyeon, why did you cry watching a romantic comedy movie? I was laughing the whole time though.” Seongwoo curiously asked recalling Jiyeon sobbing while watching the movie.

“Uhh…” Jiyeon was speechless, couldn’t think of any good excuses to tell Seongwoo. Truth was she didn’t even pay attention to the movie. All she could think about was her relationship with Sehun right now.

“I don’t know how you’re feeling Jiyeon. I can’t read people’s mind. But I notice you’ve been looking so down lately, like you’ve been burdened by something. I want you to know that you can always talk to me if you have any problem. I may look unreliable, but I’m a good listener okay.” Seongwoo finished with boasting about himself which managed to make Jiyeon laughed.

She then dropped down her head before answering him, “I do have a lot in my mind right now. But I’ll talk to you when I’m ready.”

“Alright then,” They finally arrived at Sehun’s parents’ villa. Seongwoo went to open the car door for Jiyeon, “You look tired Jiyeon. You should go and have a good rest since you have to work tomorrow.”

“Thanks Seongwoo. You’re always so thoughtful.” Jiyeon smiled at Seongwoo.

He began laughing sheepishly and shyly rubbed his nape, “I just genuinely care about you Jiyeon.”

“I’m flattered. You’re always so nice, and always try your best to make me happy. I’m so lucky to have you around. I’m sorry that I’m not a good company all this time. I don’t deserve a friend like you. I’m so sorry.” Jiyeon apologized and her eyes were getting teary.

Seongwoo panicked to see Jiyeon’s tears. He rushed to the car to take a tissue but somehow tripped himself and almost fell down. Luckily he didn’t. Jiyeon laughed although still in tears, “Please don’t cry Jiyeon. My heart hurts seeing your tears.” Seongwoo came back and wiped Jiyeon’s tears with his handkerchief.

“Thank you again Seongwoo. I should probably go now.” Jiyeon was just about to leave but Seongwoo grabbed her wrist and stopped her.

“Jiyeon, please know that you’re the best company I’ve ever had. I knew you’ve always only think of me as a friend, so don’t worry. You’re not hurting me or anything. I genuinely care about you and I don’t wish for anything in return. I’m already so content just being able to be a good friend to you. But please be happy Jiyeon. I know you’re not always so bubbly or cheerful, but I’ve known you for so long that it’s impossible to not notice your unhappiness. You probably thought that it’s fine since you had once lived in more extreme difficulties before this, but that’s not the case Jiyeon. I assure you, everyone deserves to be happy no matter what kind of history she holds, including you.”

Once Seongwoo finished talking, Jiyeon broke into tears again and began sobbing harder. She covered her face with her palms but everyone could’ve noticed how painful it was for her by seeing her trembling body. Seongwoo advanced closer and gave her a hug. He didn’t tell her to stop crying. He just lent his shoulder for her to lean on. Only after a few minutes, Seongwoo broke the hug and caressed Jiyeon’s head.

“Enough kid. You might catch a cold. Let’s go inside now.” He said, smiling.

Jiyeon’s sobs lessened as she slowly stopped crying. Seongwoo placed his arm around Jiyeon’s shoulders and led her towards the main door. But before they could enter, a car entered the gate and parked next to Seongwoo’s car. Both of them stared as Sehun came out from the car. He was somehow flustered to see Jiyeon with Seongwoo in front of his house.

“Hey guys…” He greeted, but that was before he noticed Jiyeon’s red face that was drenched in tears. Although she kept looking down, Sehun could see that, “Jiyeon, are you okay?” He asked before shooting a stern gaze towards Seongwoo.

“She’s just not in a very good mood. You know, girls.” Seongwoo chuckled, trying to avoid Sehun from asking more questions or Jiyeon might break into another round of tears.

“I see…” Sehun nodded.

“Where are you from Sehun?” Seongwoo asked, curious.

“I just came back… from dinner.” He answered, although rather unwillingly.

Seongwoo suddenly curled a meaningful smile, “With who, huh? Let me guess, with Kim Yura right? Am I right?” He teasingly asked.

“Yeah…” Sehun had no choice but to be honest.

“Seongwoo,” Jiyeon suddenly talked after keeping herself silent, “I’m tired.” She told.

“Ah yes, let’s go. I’ll help you.” Seongwoo just mouthed an ‘excuse me’ to Sehun before he helped opened the door for Jiyeon and brought her to her room upstairs.

Sehun heaved out a heavy sigh while his eyes were fixed on Seongwoo and Jiyeon until they disappeared upstairs. He went inside the house and threw his body onto the couch in living room. Only God knows how bad he felt right now. He was curious of how Seongwoo ended up bringing Jiyeon home, but that was not his main concern. He was more concern about Jiyeon’s obviously post-crying face. She looked weak too. He was mad at himself. He knew he had disappoint Jiyeon when he suddenly canceled their plan when he was the one who asked Jiyeon for a movie date. He was getting ready to go meeting Jiyeon when his parents stopped him, saying that Yura’s family was asking them for a dinner together. He knew his parents would do anything to make sure he attended the dinner so he had no choice but to cancel his plan with Jiyeon.

“Yah Oh Sehun, what’s with that tension on your face?” Seongwoo appeared from upstairs and took a seat at another couch.

“Ah, I’m just tired. How’s Jiyeon?” Sehun asked, concerned.

“Better, I guess. And oh, she asked me to tell you to not disturb her. She needs a good rest, she said.”

“Alright… but, what happened? Did she cry?”

“I met her at the mall about to throw her popcorn away. She said her friend stood her up so I decided to just join her and replace her friend. She looked sad though. She even cried while watching the movie, which was weird because it’s a comedy. At first I just thought she’s sad that her friend stood her, but it’s something more than that. She said she has so much in mind. And she looked broken too. I’m so worried. By any chance Sehun… does Jiyeon have a boyfriend? She looked like someone who had just broken up with her boyfriend.”

“Uhm, I don’t know.” That was all Sehun could answer.

“Too bad. If she really happens to be hurt by her boyfriend, I’ll find that guy and crush him.” Seongwoo showed a furious expression that seemed quite funny in Sehun’s eyes.

“You look dumb.” He dissed his friend.

“Hey! I’m being serious now.” Seongwoo then glared at Sehun.

“Okay okay I’m sorry. Just don’t kill anyone.”

“Can’t promise that. I should go now, it’s late. Please watch over Jiyeon.”

“Sure. Thanks Seongwoo, for accompanying her and dropping her home safe and sound.”

“No biggie.”

Seongwoo then left right after. At first, Sehun was mad that Jiyeon was with Seongwoo. But he realized if Seongwoo wasn’t there, who knows what could have happened to Jiyeon. She might be crying without anyone by her side. At least Seongwoo was there, someone Sehun knew was actually reliable although he knew Seongwoo’s real feelings towards Jiyeon. He took a deep breath before making his way upstairs, straight towards Jiyeon’s room. Remembering how Jiyeon told Seongwoo to tell me to not disturb her, Sehun decided to just enter the room without knocking or else Jiyeon wouldn’t let him in. As soon he was inside, he saw Jiyeon already in her silk nightgown, ready to sleep.

He noticed Jiyeon only looked at him for a brief second before looking away, “I thought I made clear to not disturb me.” She coldly told.

He locked the door behind him and made his way towards her. As soon he reached Jiyeon who was preparing the bed, Sehun hugged her from behind and placed his head on her shoulder, “I’m so sorry, sweetheart.” He whispered. Before long, she untied his hands on her waist and turned around facing him, staring straight into his eyes. She didn’t say anything, but she was smiling. Sehun wondered what was behind t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter