020

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
020

 

Author’s POV

Sehun arrived at his office that afternoon after a long meeting for the whole morning. Without even bothering to take a lunch, Sehun started doing his work as soon as he sat at the working table. That has been his daily routine for more than a month now. Working day and night like there’s no tomorrow, inconsistent eating schedules, indifferent of his surrounding, and still missing Jiyeon in every second of his day. No matter how hard he kept himself busy, but never once did he stop thinking about Jiyeon. Every day he was waiting for news on her whereabouts, but he never received any, as if Jiyeon herself refused to be found. His wedding with Yura had been cancelled which come with a huge backlash on him and the company. But the news died down and everything just went normal again, at least that was what it’s like for everyone else. Not for Sehun.

“Minhee, was there any calls for me while I was in the meeting?” Sehun asked through the intercom.

“No sir. But a package came in.” His secretary answered right away.

“Okay bring it to me.” Sehun instructed and his secretary entered the room within a few seconds bringing a medium small box with her, “Leave it there, and thanks Minhee.” He signaled her to leave the box on his table.

“You’re welcome sir.”

Minhee then excused herself before leaving the room. Sehun grabbed the box and disinterestedly cut the box open. He carelessly took out all the papers inside there and only stopped when his eyes caught an overly outstanding piece of paper. His hand was shaking as he slowly took it out of the box, and his pupils were trembling too with the clear sight of the image in front of his eyes now. 

“This is…” He mumbled but couldn’t finish the sentence for so many reasons.

One thing for sure, his eyes couldn’t leave the photo he’s holding. He unknowingly shed an overwhelming tears to see the ultrasound image of a baby. After a while, he quickly got himself together and took his phone. He dialed the number of the delivering service on the box. His call was answered within a few seconds.

“Hello, today I received a package. Can you check for me where was this package sent from?” He talked as soon as his call went through.

“Sure sir. May I know the package code?”

“SL582275448KR,” He read the code on the box.

“Hold on a minute sir,” Sehun diligently waited until the operator reached back, “Sir, the package was sent from Busan. But the sender’s details weren’t provided.” The operator informed.

“Okay I got it. Thank you so much for your help.” He replied.

“You’re welcome sir. Have a nice day.”

Once the call ended, Sehun immediately took out his bag and threw his stuff inside there. He then rushed outside the room and stopped in front of his secretary’s desk, “Minhee, please book me a flight ticket to Busan now and email me the details right away. And also postpone anything on my schedule for this upcoming two days to other time. I’m taking two days off from work.” He quickly informed.

“Alright sir noted. Take care.” Minhee slightly bowed at Sehun while he just nodded once before rushing away.

In Sehun’s mind right now was all Jiyeon and the ultrasound image he received. Although the image just came by itself without any note, he had a feeling that it was purposely sent to him to notify him that Jiyeon was pregnant with his baby right now. Before he knew, every step taken was becoming faster as he was feeling more desperate than ever. However, as he was on his way out of the building, his step halted when he noticed both his parents were coming through the entrance. Their eyes met Sehun’s and through that little interaction Sehun knew that they were coming for him. Not wanting to waste time, Sehun decided to just look away and pretend like he didn’t see them there. When their path crossed at the entrance, Sehun indifferently walked pass them but his father just turned back and grabbed his shoulder.

“Sehun, we received a package today.” His father quickly spoke, stopping Sehun from taking any more steps.

He succeeded as Sehun really stopped and turned around, staring at them with a surprised expression, “What package?”

“This.” His father briefly answered while showing the same ultrasound image as Sehun received, “Jiyeon… is this hers?” 

He gritted his teeth and snatched the image from his father’s grip, “Why does it matter to you if this is Jiyeon’s? What now? Are you gonna go and ruin her life one more time?” Although his voice sounded calm but he was obviously furious.

“Sehun I know you’re mad at us,” His mother finally talked and there were already tears in her eyes waiting to escape, “But we realize our mistakes now.”

“And then what?” Sehun let out an emotionless chuckle, “Can you turn back time with that? Can you take back the pain you gave me just because you realize your mistakes? No you can’t! It still hurts so much that I think I almost went crazy because of it now! And it’s all because I have insensitive parents! Now my wife is pregnant with my baby but I am not there by her side all because of you guys too!” Sehun exploded and it was so easy to hear how pained he sounded.

“Of course we can’t undo everything we’ve done, son. But let us help bring her back to you.” His father calmly said but Sehun just shook his head a few times.

“I’m warning you. Never… go near Jiyeon, ever. I won’t forgive you if something happen to her and my baby.” He simply told before turning around to leave. He could feel his body suddenly becoming weak and heavy. He forced himself to take yet another step because he felt like he’s gonna lose Jiyeon again if he didn’t move fast. But no matter how determined he was, his body just couldn’t take another burden. Before he knew, he had lost all of his strength. He realized he was falling apart all at the same time. His body fell onto the ground and he out, and the last thing he could think of was the fact that he couldn’t go to his wife. He just failed.

 

--- 

 

Jiyeon was resting in her room that evening and her eyes were staring emptily into the distance. However, the pillow she rested her head on was wet from her tears. She was just crying her heart out and only stopped when she realized it wouldn’t bring her any good. Her hand slowly found its way to her flat tummy and gently caressing it. A sad smile formed on her lips as she regretted crying. 

“I’m sorry baby. I didn’t cry because of you. Please know that I love you so much.” She whispered while still caressing her tummy.

“Of course the baby knows that much.”

Jiyeon turned towards the door and saw Seungwoo standing there smiling. She smiled back at him as he made his way towards her and sat on a chair facing her. He didn’t say anything. Instead, he just smiled while staring at Jiyeon in front of him.

“I’m so proud of you.” Seungwoo finally talked as he pat Jiyeon’s head.

“Why?” She confusedly asked.

“For being a strong woman.” Seongwoo answered smiling.

Jiyeon let out a small chuckle upon hearing his words, “Nonsense. I could only be this strong because you stayed by my side. You should be proud of yourself.” 

Seongwoo curled a sad smile after Jiyeon finished her words. She happened to notice his gloom expression and she knew right away that something wasn’t right. When Seongwoo stood up, Jiyeon did the same. She was worried to see someone that had always been so bright and happy now appeared gloomy. She stepped closer towards Seongwoo and made him look into her eyes.

“Am I… a burden to you?” She asked with teary eyes, wishing that her only last hope wouldn’t abandon her as well.

“Yes… and you have no idea how I wish you would always burden me like this. If it means that this is the only way that I can stay close to you, I wish this last forever. However… you do not belong here, not by my side…” Seongwoo took a deep breath before he resumed his words, “You should be by Sehun’s side.”

“Seongwoo… what are you talking about? You know being with him will only bring us despair. Why did you say such thing so suddenly? Do you hate me now? Because I’m a mother now? You’re tired of me?” Jiyeon began crying again as she threw questions to Seongwoo.

He quickly pulled Jiyeon into his arms to calm her down, “No Jiyeon, you know I could never hate you. You’re my first love,” He slightly chuckled to ease the pressure as he broke the hug, “But I can’t give you the happiness, and Sehun can. I want you to go back to him.”

“Why so suddenly Seongwoo? We’ve took a lot of courage to come here and suddenly you’re telling me to go back to him. Why?!”

“Your baby… needs his father.”

“No,” Jiyeon shook her head, “I can raise the baby myself.”

“Jiyeon listen to me. Sehun knew about the baby now. His parents too.”

“What? You… told them?” She looked at Seongwoo in disbelief.

“They deserve to know.” He said.

“I trusted you…”

“With your mental state right now, stressing over not being able to see Sehun, while carrying his baby in your womb, will only bring harm to both you and your baby. That’s why I did that. I only want the best for you. I know this is exactly what you want too. That’s why I’m doing you a favor, letting you go to the person you really need. Not me, but Sehun.” Seongwoo tried to convince his friend.

“It fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter