005

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

005

 

 

Author’s POV

            The school ended and the students began swarming out from the classes, couldn’t wait to leave. Meanwhile, Jiyeon was roaming around the school alone. She left the class first because Sehun said he had something to do. She was with Seongwoo until he had to leave so now she’s alone. Jiyeon went back to the class to look for Sehun. From a far, she noticed Jisoo walked into the classroom. Thinking that Jisoo was probably looking for Sehun too, Jiyeon walked faster towards her classroom to join Jisoo. But once she arrived at the door, Jiyeon’s step halted because she heard Sehun’s voice.

“Is he waiting for Jisoo?” Jiyeon whispered to herself. Didn’t want to be rude by eavesdropping, Jiyeon decided to just leave but her inner self urged her to stay.

“Last week, my parents told me something shocking.” Jiyeon heard Sehun talked.

“What is it? Another quest for you to complete?” Jisoo chuckled as she joked.

“Sort of, but this time it concerns you.” Sehun told.

“What? Why?” Jisoo asked, surprised.

“They said they had decided on our marriage with your parents. Did your parents tell you anything about it?”

There’s a brief silent after that and Jiyeon’s heart began beating faster for no reason. Somehow, she was also anxious to hear what Jisoo has to say about it. She then heard a loud sigh coming from Jisoo before she finally talked again, “I heard daddy mention something similar before, but I thought that was just a joke, and I hope it is too. Maybe you’re already used to getting your life decided by your parents so this is nothing for you. But we’ve been friends since child and I know both of us wanted to keep it that way. I’ll tell my parents that I’m against this so don’t worry.”

Jisoo left the classroom and she stopped when she noticed Jiyeon outside. She just smiled and just walked away without saying anything. Once Jisoo disappeared from her sight, Jiyeon carefully entered the class and she saw Sehun was standing by the window while emptily staring outside. Jiyeon stood still as she observed the expressionless Sehun. She thought Sehun wasn’t happy that his parents decided for his marriage with Jisoo because he didn’t look happy when they broke the news before, but now she realized it was the other way around because he didn’t look happy too when Jisoo disagreed on it.

“You heard her, right Jiyeon?” Sehun looked at Jiyeon while bitterly smiling.

“For once, I was genuinely happy of what father and mother decided for me. But I guess that doesn’t really matter this time.” He stared back outside the window.

Jiyeon slowly approached Sehun and stood next to him, “You like Jisoo right? Maybe you should just tell her.”

“Since I was a child, I spent most of my times with Jisoo and Seongwoo. They’re one of the best things that ever happened to me. I always thought that I want to grow old with them. Jisoo is especially special for me. She always supports me. They both know me well but Jisoo knows me better. So when my parents told me that I’ll be marrying Jisoo, I was happy because I get to spend my life with someone that understands me.”

“You like her. Maybe Jisoo thinks you don’t want this either. You should tell her, Sehun.”

“I’ll think about it. But I’m okay. Really.” Sehun curled an assuring smile, “Let’s go. You have consultation with Dr. Kim in thirty minutes.”

“Okay let’s go.”

 

-----------------------------------------

 

            It’s weekend again and as usual Sehun’s parents would be home. But this time it’s exceptionally lively. Some people Jiyeon didn’t know were going in and out of the big house. They were going straight to the backyard. Jiyeon carefully made her way downstairs that evening, following the people. She reached the backyard where they’re home garden and swimming pool. The people were setting up an outdoor dining table under a beautiful white pavilion which had always been there in the backyard. Some outdoor garden lights were arranged around the pavilion.

“Oh, Jiyeon you’re here.”

Jiyeon turned around upon hearing Sehun’s voice coming from behind her. He was approaching while smiling, “Yes. What’s all this Sehun?” She curiously asked.

“It’s for the welcoming party father promise to hold, remember? Since we’re inviting only Jisoo’s and Seongwoo’s families, so mother planned on doing it outdoor at the pavilion. That’s why these people come to help us decorating the place.” Sehun explained.

“The welcoming party for me? This is so beautiful and I’m grateful, but you guys don’t have to do this for me.” Jiyeon curled a guilty smile.

“Why are you making that face? We choose to do this so you don’t have to feel burdened by it or anything. I just want you to enjoy the night with everyone since you’re part of the family now. You should go get ready now. The dinner party will begin in less than an hour.” Sehun then grabbed Jiyeon’s shoulders and shoved her back into the house.

Jiyeon went back to her room and found a beige dress in the wardrobe, the one Sehun’s mother bought for her before. She hesitated for a while before she finally put it on. She checked herself out in the mirror and was somehow mesmerized at how beautiful the dress looked on her. She smiled a bit while slightly turned left and right. After a while, Jiyeon then sat at the dressing table. She looked at all the makeup products on the table before putting it on one by one. She finished touching up with applying a dusty rose colored lip tint. She put her hair on the side and stared at her face in the mirror with a light smile forming. She adored her current self which was different from the old her, still couldn’t believe of how things turn after she met Sehun.

“I’m living too well right now. I wonder if I really deserve all this kindness.” Jiyeon whispered to herself and the smile she had on her face disappeared.

Knock! Knock!

“Jiyeon are you done?” She heard Sehun’s voice calling from outside the door.

“Coming!”

Jiyeon quickly stood up and went to the door. She opened the door revealing Sehun standing outside. He was wearing a plain sky blue shirt and a pair of black jeans. His black hair was styled quite differently from usual but still suited him.

“Let’s go. The others just arrived.” Sehun said.

“Okay.” Jiyeon answered and they walked side by side down the stairs.

“By the way, I forgot to mention. But you look beautiful tonight.” Sehun smiled as he briefly looked at Jiyeon before staring ahead again.

Jiyeon couldn’t say anything to respond to the sudden compliment. She could feel her face was getting warm. In the end, she just stayed silent until both of the exited to the backyard. They walked past the swimming pool towards the pavilion that was filled with some people. Familiar voices and laughter could be heard coming from the pavilion. Jiyeon wowed in amazement as the simple decoration actually turned really beautiful. As she looked around, her eyes unknowingly met Sehun’s but she quickly looked away. She could feel the same heat like before coming up to her face. They arrived at the pavilion together and were happily welcomed by everyone there. Jisoo and Seongwoo went straight towards Jiyeon and pulled her away with them towards a table filled with foods.

“Jiyeon-ah, do you remember when I first talked to you during the entrance ceremony at the beginning of this term?” Seongwoo asked as he grabbed a cheese tart.

“Yes I do! I was so nervous that time because someone unfamiliar suddenly talked to me as if we’ve known each other for so long.” Jiyeon answered, making the other two laughed at her blunt answer.

“That was kinda surprising though because Seongwoo didn’t usually approach a girl first.” Jisoo pointed out.

“I’ve heard it from Sehun too. But I’m thankful that Seongwoo came to me that day. I was all alone and lost. And thank you too Jisoo for being my one and only girl friend.” Jiyeon thanked her two friends.

“What about me?” Sehun suddenly joined the group and looked at Jiyeon full of hope.

“You… you’re my savior. Just a simple thank you is not enough. I’ll repay you someday.”

“I’ll take that as a promise.”

“I see you kids are having fun.” Someone suddenly appeared with a very soft and fatherly smile shown on his face.

Jiyeon quickly bowed down to greet the man, “You’re here too, Dr. Kim. I didn’t notice you just now.” She said.

“You’re part of the family now Jiyeon. Just call me Uncle Kim like the others did. We’re not in my clinic now Hahaha.” The man joked causing the youngsters to laugh.

“Daddy told me you’re having weekly counseling sessions with him. Is he a good psychiatrist?” Jisoo asked. But instead of answering her, Jiyeon just sent a confused gaze as a reply.

“I think I forget to tell you that Uncle Kim is Jisoo’s father.” Sehun then spoke, and that was when Jiyeon’s confused expression disappeared.

After that, Sehun’s parents and also Seongwoo’s parents approached the group of friends. They all had a proud expressions seeing how their children had now grown up handsomely and beautifully. Sehun’s mother then suggested that they all took their seats now to have dinner together. Jiyeon sat in between Sehun and Seongwoo while in front of her were Seongwoo’s parents. The dinner party began and it’s so lively with the parents, or actually bestfriends were talking about their friendship while the children were listening in amusement. Jiyeon especially felt like having a family she’s been longing for. Everyone treated her like a real family and didn’t let her to be left out.

“You’re such a sweet girl, Jiyeon. No wonder Seongwoo kept talking about you at home.” Seongwoo’s mom suddenly said, making Jiyeon smiled shyly.

“He brought you to an arts gallery right? Did you like it?” His dad then took his turn talking.

“Yes I did. It’s a wonderful place. Thank you for making it possible for me to enjoy such a fun experience.” Jiyeon thanked Seongwoo’s dad. She remembered hearing from Seongwoo about how nice and open his dad was, so seeing him right now made her realized how different he was with Sehun’s father. Seongwoo’s dad was always smiling and had that friendly vibe to him.

“By the way, you guys heard that we are planning to marry Sehun and Jisoo. Seongwoo must be lonely to see his two best friends together. But think Jiyeon and Seongwoo will make a good couple. What do you think?” Sehun’s mother suddenly suggested, making Jiyeon surprised by what she just heard. Sehun and Jisoo also had the same expressions, while only Seongwoo was slowly curling a sheepish smile.

“We don’t mind as long as Seongwoo and Jiyeon are okay with it.” Seongwoo’s mom replied

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter