017

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

017

 

 

Author’s POV

“WHAT?! YOU SECRETLY MARRIED JIYEON?!”

“Yah yah slow down your voice!”

Sehun urgently jumped forward and forcefully covered his friend’s mouth while his eyes nervously wandered around, checking if someone could’ve heard them. One day, after months of their secret marriage, and just barely a month left before his wedding with Yura, Sehun finally decided to talk to someone about him and Jiyeon. And he knew Jisoo was the only person he could trust for now, that’s why he went to Jisoo and told her everything. Her reaction however, was as Sehun expected.

“Hmmphhh.” She grunted while forcing Sehun to pull away his hand.

“I’ll let go, as long as you promise to not yell my secret out loud again.” Sehun instructed.

Jisoo urgently nodded while hitting Sehun’s hand. When he finally let go, Jisoo panted catching her breath, “Now, mind explaining what is actually going on? You’re married to Jiyeon? So how the hell are you going to marry Kim Yura? Argh my head hurts.” Jisoo complained while holding her head.

“I’m sorry for burdening your brain with this sudden information. But I’m so lost right now I really need to talk to someone. I’m hoping you can advise me.” Sehun said, almost sounded like begging while Jisoo looked like she was just about to eat someone alive.

She then began knocking Sehun’s head, “You said you don’t know what to do? So why did you marry Jiyeon in the first place? When you said you already married Jiyeon months ago, I assumed you knew what to do and you’re ready to take full responsibility of your doing. When you decided to tell me about this, I bet you already knew what will my answer be, right? All you need to do is, be honest to your parents and tell them about this. No matter what, that is the one and only solution you have. Just choose the right place and time. Talk to them about it properly, explain to them everything, and ask for their forgiveness and blessing.”

“It’s easier said than done…” Sehun mumbled and his face radiated obvious stress, “I’m most concern of Jiyeon. I knew she’s been thinking about this because my wedding with Yura is around the corner. She rarely talked and she was always spacing out. I love her so much Jisoo, too very much that I don’t want to see her keep hurting.”

Jisoo sighed as she leaned forward and placed her hand on Sehun’s shoulder, “Listen to me Sehun. You’re already hurting her so much by keeping her in the dark like she’s a mistress while Kim Yura is widely known as your fiancée, when the fact is she’s your lawfully wedded wife. Now, if you want to stop hurting her, there’s two things you can do. Tell you parents the truth before they find out themselves and blame Jiyeon, or just quietly let her go and fulfil your parents’ quest by marrying Kim Yura. You had no problem living your life the way your parents wanted you to before this, why can’t you do the same now?”

“Are you mocking me?” Sehun glared at Jisoo, because she was always making fun of him for living a textbook life his parents had wrote for him.

“Yes, I am.” Jisoo simply nodded.

“I’m not even surprise. Anyway Jisoo, thanks for your advice.”

“You’re most welcome. It’s your responsibility Sehun. You have to hurt either Jiyeon or your parents. You brought this upon yourself, so the decision is yours to make.”

 

Sehun’s POV

“You have to hurt either Jiyeon or your parents.”

Jisoo’s words from our discussion just now kept mingling in my mind. Although I was scared to admit it, but everything that Jisoo said was nothing but the painful truth. When I asked Jiyeon’s hand on marriage, I promised her that everything will be alright. But look what happened now, all I did was hurting Jiyeon. Did I fail? Was I being selfish when I married Jiyeon? I married her because I didn’t want to lose her, and then I went and engaged with Yura. Jiyeon was always so timid, so it’s just not weird that she didn’t say anything about me and Yura. But I knew she could’ve been torn apart on the inside. I knew she loves me as I much I love her. But did I take her love for granted?

“Sehun, I’m here.”

Jiyeon’s voice surprised me. She rarely visited my apartment during weekdays, but now she’s here. I rushed out from the bedroom straight to the kitchen where I caught Jiyeon’s backside at the kitchen counter, “You’re here.”

She turned her head around upon hearing my voice, but her hands where still busy doing something at the counter, “Yes. I wanted to surprise you.” She said smiling.

I smiled back and made my way towards her. I wrapped my hands around her waist and buried my face into her neck, “I miss you, you know.” I whispered in her ear.

She then turned her body around facing me. I still didn’t let her go though. She then turned her body around facing me. I still didn’t let her go though. She cupped my face and curled a smile that had always warmed my heart, “I know, because I miss you too. That’s why I’m here.”

A soft peck then landed on my lips but I lasted just a second. However, as always I couldn’t resist myself especially when she’s so close to me. I pulled her closer and locked my lips with hers. Just like that, we ended up in a passionate kiss, putting our emotion in that kiss. It only ended when Jiyeon decided to pull away.

“We should eat first. I bought food for us, you must be hungry.” Jiyeon said.

“Yes. But can I eat you instead?” I naughtily joked.

However, I noticed Jiyeon’s face reddened as she pushed me away. We’ve been together for months, but she’s still so shy whenever I told her naughty joke. I don’t mind. I thought she’s cute that way. I watched her serving foods for us with a smile never left my face. My heart felt calmer whenever she’s on my sight, that way I could make sure that we won’t be apart. Just imagining her no longer by my side felt so painful, so what could’ve happened to me if I lost her for real. I think it’s really time, time for me to disclose this relationship to everyone. I’ll take the blame, and I’m ready to lose everything other than Jiyeon. Just you wait Jiyeon, your misery will come to an end and we will really live happily ever after like we’ve always wished for.

 

Author’s POV

Jiyeon walked out of her workplace that weekend afternoon and her eyes began wandering around. It’s weekend but she had to visit the office to finish some tasks.

“Park Jiyeon!”

She then followed the voice that was calling her name. A smile appeared on her face once sh finally discovered a guy standing by his car waving his hand at her.

“Ong Seongwoo!” She slightly ran towards him, “Have you been waiting for long? I’m sorry.”

“It’ okay. Are you ready to go?” Sehun asked smiling.

“Yes!” Jiyeon brightly nodded and that simple thing actually made Seongwoo happy. They both settled in the car before Seongwoo drove somewhere.

“Are we really going to the beach?” Jiyeon happily questioned.

“Of course we are! I found a beautiful café by the beach. They have amazing cakes and I bet you’ll love it.”

“Cakes? I love cakes!” Jiyeon exclaimed as she showed an enthusiastic smile.

“I love cakes too!” Seongwoo imitated Jiyeon’s tone before both of them just laughed at each other.

When they finally arrived at the beach, Jiyeon excitedly jumped off the car, “Whoa daebak!” She exclaimed once they reached the café. It was located close to the seaside and was beautifully decorated with white curtains that were gracefully blown by the sea breeze. Seongwoo led Jiyeon to a table with the best sea view. She was enjoying the cool breeze as smile never left her face, and at the same time letting the wind blowing her hair. Meanwhile, Seongwoo was enjoying the beautiful view in front of him, which was Jiyeon. She seemed happy at even the littlest thing. He silently watched as Jiyeon happily ate the cherry on her fruit cake.

“Mmm this is so delicious! But why aren’t you eating Seongwoo?” Jiyeon asked.

“Jiyeon…” Instead of answering her question, Seongwoo called for her attention.

“Yes?” She answered, still sounding bright.

“I’m your friend of seven years. You can’t just faked a happiness and expect me to not notice. I knew you’ve been acting strange the moment I picked you up. You purposely acted all bright excited to hide your real emotion, right?” Seongwoo carefully said, making sure to not hurt the girl.

Jiyeon’s bright smile disappeared and was replaced with a sad one. She put down the spoon and stopped eating while her eyes were dropped down, avoiding Seongwoo’s eyes, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.” She apologized.

“I know you don’t. I’m just wondering if you’re ever gonna open up to me someday, so you won’t have to hold it in and take the whole load of burden alone.” He sent an assuring gaze, convincing Jiyeon that he was just trying to help.

“Seongwoo… can I ask you something?” Jiyeon said, finally lifting up her face.

“Sure Jiyeon.” He nodded.

“If one day, it’s fated that I’m no longer needed and welcomed by all the people around me, will you be the one sending me away or will you stay as my best friend like you always are?”

“I’ll be the one staying by your side until the end.” Seongwoo answered without an ounce of hesitation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter