013

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

013

 

This is the song for this chapter so please enjoy!

 

 

Author’s POV

            Sehun arrived at a restaurant that Monday afternoon sharp at 1.30 p.m. He checked the restaurant’s name as the one his mother messaged him. The waitress then led him to a room. Once they arrived in front of the door, Sehun could hear voices coming from inside, women’s voices. His mother texted him asking for him to accompany her for lunch, so he assumed that it would be just the two of them. But once he entered the room, his eyes met another pretty eyes.

“Sehun! You’re finally here. Take a seat now.” His mother enthusiastically signaled him to sit next to the other woman in front of her.

Sehun was just about to go to sit next to his mother when she told him to sit in front of her instead, “I’m sorry I’m late.” He apologized once he settled there.

“It’s okay. You don’t mind I brought Yura along since she still doesn’t know anyone in the company. We can’t possibly let such pretty girl take her lunch all alone right?”

“I don’t mind.” Sehun briefly answered and shot a light smile at his mother and Yura next to him.

“Ah, I’m actually fine Mrs. Oh. But thank you for inviting me.” Yura politely said.

“Next time if you don’t have anyone to go to lunch with, just ask Sehun. He’d be more than willing to accompany you.” Sehun’s mother chuckled while Sehun just let out a bitter smile at his mother’s words.

“Sehun didn’t seem like he’s comfortable with me around though.” Yura jokingly said as she noticed Sehun’s gloomy face.

“No. No I’m fine. I’m just thinking about work.” Sehun quickly blurt out an excuse especially when his mother gave him a strange look.

The food arrived right at that moment and saved Sehun from his mother’s sharp gaze. They began eating and enjoying the food served. Sehun kept silent the whole time while his mother and Yura were talking about something while enjoying their food. Sehun only focused on them when he heard his mother asked Yura a suspicious question.

“Yura, what do you think of Sehun?” She asked with eyes full of hopes.

Yura took a glance at Sehun who’s pretending to not be interested before she answered to the question, “He’s more normal than I thought. I mean, when I first met Sehun, I thought he’d be like any other spoiled brats, arrogant, and you know, womanizer.” Yura laughed as she told her first impression on Sehun.

“I know right! Sehun has that arrogant and playboy type of face. But he’s actually not.” His mother agreed.

“True. I was kind of surprised when I noticed that he’s actually very gentle and hardworking. Then I know for sure he grew up right.” Yura added and Sehun’s mother seemed to be so satisfied with what she heard.

“What about you Sehun? What do you think about Yura?” His mother turned to him and Sehun just had to stop eating to answer his mother’s question because she seemed so hopeful.

He looked at Yura for a second before he answered to his mother, “First of all, Yura is so pretty and easygoing. I thought she’d be arrogant too but thankfully she isn’t. I think Yura can be a good friend.”

“I see. But from now on Sehun, Yura will be more than a good friend.” His mother gave him a meaningful gaze and somehow Sehun hoped that she wouldn’t say what he thought she’d say, “I think Yura is the perfect life partner for you Sehun.” There, she finally said what he knew she’d say but hoped that she wouldn’t.

“Isn’t this too soon?” Instead of Sehun, Yura was the one talking, also surprised by the words she heard.

“We don’t think so. My husband and I talked to your father about this and they seemed to like the idea too. This may seem too rushed, but we’re thinking of marrying you two in a few months. So I want both of you to get to know each other more from now on. Ohhh I can’t wait for the epic wedding and then having grandchildren.” Sehun and Yura just awkwardly looked at each other to hear the sudden revelation from his mother.

“But mother…” As usual, Sehun couldn’t say what he wanted to say. Seeing his mother’s happy smile, he decided to not say anything and just smiled it off although his heart was breaking apart.

 

--------------------------------

 

            Jiyeon was doing her work at the desk that late afternoon but she was too sleepy to focus on her work. She couldn’t sleep properly last two nights because of the incident on her birthday party and it was tiresome. She looked around the office and everyone was focusing on their works. She sighed before resting her head on the desk. She closed her eyes and told herself to be strong.

“Ehem.”

Jiyeon opened her eyes when she heard someone clearing his throat. Someone was standing next to her desk. Jiyeon slightly tilted her head up to see the person and she abruptly took her head off the desk when she noticed it was actually Sehun.

“I’m sorry I am not slacking off. I was just resting my mind.” She quickly apologized and secretly checked on Sehun’s expression, but he seemed emotionless. Weird, she thought.

“Pack your things up and come with me.” Sehun said in monotone.

Jiyeon sent a confused gaze and looked around the department, realizing that people were already staring. Sehun always managed to bring unnecessary attention to her, “I still have about an hour before my office hour ends so—”

“Pack up now. I’ll wait at the lobby.” Sehun persisted before he turned around and left the department.

“What now…” Jiyeon whispered while her hands were busy packing up her things. She then grabbed her handbag and rushed outside the department. Once she arrived at the lobby, she saw Sehun’s back standing near the entrance. The staffs that walked past him greeted him but he ignored all of them. Something’s wrong, Jiyeon thought. Sehun wasn’t that kind of cold boss. Noticing his dark expression, Jiyeon knew something was not right.

Seeing Jiyeon approaching, Sehun left through the entrance and Jiyeon knew she just had to follow him. They settled in Sehun’s sports car before he stepped on the gas and the car dashed away from the company. Jiyeon didn’t dare to say anything so the car was filled with silence. Once in a while, she would steal a glance at Sehun to check on his expression but he looked angry all the time so Jiyeon decided to not stare at him anymore because that expression scared her. They couldn’t even talk properly after the birthday party and now he looked like he could eat anyone alive. Fortunately the ride didn’t take long as Sehun finally entered basement parking lot of an apartment complex. He went and opened the door for Jiyeon, grabbed her wrist and pulled her with him. Jiyeon had to slightly run to keep up with his fast pace.

“Sehun, where is this?” Jiyeon dared herself to ask once they were in the elevator.

“My apartment.” Sehun gave a brief answer without even looking at her.

“Why are we here? Do you need me to help you clean the house? Or cook for you?” Jiyeon kept asking although Sehun still looked angry about something.

But he finally turned his head to Jiyeon and what she saw in his eyes wasn’t anger but despair, “I miss you…” He muttered under his breath and his grip on Jiyeon’s hand became tighter.

Hearing him, Jiyeon curled a loving smile. Once the elevator arrived at his floor, still hasn’t let go of his grip Sehun led Jiyeon to his apartment. First time coming, Jiyeon’s eyes amusingly wandered around the luxurious place. Sehun just stared at Jiyeon with a light smile. When their eyes finally met, Sehun suddenly leaned closer and pulled Jiyeon into his arms. Jiyeon instinctively hugged him back, releasing all the longing they felt towards each other. However, Jiyeon could feel something was really wrong with Sehun with the way he hugged her as if he wasn’t going to let her go forever.

“Sehun… what upset you this time?” She asked.

Still hasn’t let go of the hug, Sehun answered Jiyeon with a sad voice, “I want to be with you Jiyeon, just you. I want to be with the one I really love, not someone that I’m forced to love.”

Jiyeon could feel her heart shattered upon hearing Sehun’s answer. So his mother had told him about Kim Yura. She felt so weak now she was reminded of the reality of this relationship. It hurts even more when she unwillingly recalled the image of Sehun next to Yura. She could feel the tears were urging to escape but she held it in. She couldn’t even respond to Sehun now because she didn’t know what to say.

Hearing now answer from Jiyeon, Sehun broke the hug and grabbed Jiyeon’s shoulder. He looked into Jiyeon’s eyes, took a deep breath, and said the words Jiyeon didn’t want to hear, “I will marry Kim Yura in a few months. They already discussed about it and… and I have no say in this.”

The words broke Jiyeon’s heart into pieces. The tears she held in finally came down running. Sehun dropped his face, couldn’t bring himself to see someone he loves and treasures was in pain because of him. He then took both of Jiyeon’s hands and held it tight, “Jiyeon, please look at me. Do you love me?”

Jiyeon lifted up her face and looked at Sehun with her teary eyes, “I love you. I really do.” She answered in between sobs.

“So let’s get married Jiyeon. Marry me and let’s live for our love.” Sehun said with serious gaze.

What she heard now was even more shocking that what he said before. Her sobs disappeared and her tears stopped running down, “What are you talking about Sehun?” She asked in disbelief.

“I’m serious Jiyeon. I want to marry you. I don’t care what will happen, but I know for sure that I can’t lose you, not anymore. I can’t live without you. So le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter