011

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

011

 

 

Author’s POV

            That night was a cold spring night. The sleeping Sehun was slightly moving on his bed before he woke up and sat on the bed. He was sleepily ruffling his hair and left the bed. While massaging his nape, Sehun made his way downstairs to the kitchen. He took out a bottle of cold water from fridge and drank it. He then went back upstairs but before going back to his room, he stopped in front of Jiyeon’s room. He carefully pushed the door, making sure that he didn’t make any sound to wake her up. He peeked through the gap and saw Jiyeon’s sleeping body under the blanket on the bed. He slightly smiled and was about to close the door when he heard a sound coming from inside the room.

Is she awake? Did I wake her up? Sehun thought, frozen at the door.

When he listened closely, it was sobbing sound coming from inside and it’s obviously Jiyeon’s. Worried, Sehun entered the room and took light steps towards the bed. At first he just stood silently at the bed side and watched Jiyeon’s back as she was facing the other side. He saw her shoulders were trembling and the sobbing sound was apparent. He then sat on the bedside and gently touched her shoulder. Jiyeon gasped in surprise as she turned around when she felt the touch.

“Sehun…” She called in her husky crying voice. She got up and sat on the bed facing Sehun. Her face was wet, covered in tears.

“Come here.” Sehun said as he went on the bed and pulled Jiyeon into his embrace. While his right hand was patting her back, his other hand was gently caressing her head, “I’m here now, so don’t cry okay.”

However, when he said that, Jiyeon was sobbing even harder. He could feel she tightened the hug and buried her face closer to his chest. He kept caressing her back and let her cry in his arms. He was curious, but he didn’t want to ask Jiyeon the reason and let her calm down first. It hurts his heart to see this weak Jiyeon. It reminded him of how fragile she was when he brought her back home. He noticed she was so happy when they gathered at Jisoo’s house this afternoon, and now she’s crying in her bed at night. Something must have really bothering her.

“I dreamed of those monsters… they were hurting me… I’m scared…” Jiyeon mumbled in between sobs and it was clear enough for Sehun to catch what she was saying. Hearing that, he knew Jiyeon meant her aunt and the husband. He didn’t know Jiyeon still has the nightmares.

“Don’t worry Jiyeon. They won’t be able to hurt you anymore, because I’m here with you.” Sehun whispered and Jiyeon’s sobs were slowly gone.

She pulled away and wiped off her tears with her fingers. She then looked into Sehun’s eyes who was still so close to her and curled a sad smile, “I’m glad you’re here. Sorry to worry you.” She muttered.

Sehun cupped her face and smiled, “I will always be. I’m more surprised you still have the nightmares after so long?”

“Yeah… it never really disappears. I still have it every now and then.” Jiyeon told and Sehun gave her a very worried gaze.

“Next time if it happens again, just come to me.” Sehun said, serious.

Jiyeon slight chuckled, “You won’t even be here. Tonight I was just lucky because you’re staying here for the weekend.”

“Then come with me. Move in to my apartment.” Sehun said again, still looking very serious.

“Don’t speak nonsense Sehun. I’m okay now, so you should go back to your room.” Jiyeon slightly pushed Sehun away, signaling him to leave.

However, he resisted and stayed put on the bed, “Can’t I just sleep here for tonight?” He said pouting.

“No! Your parents are home. It’ll be then end of us if we get caught.” Jiyeon refused and tried to shove Sehun off the bed.

“We can just lock the door. I still miss you so much. I just want to sleep with you in my arms. Promise I won’t do anything. I swear.” Sehun lifted up his hand like making an oath. He then rushed to lock the door and ran back to the bed towards the confused Jiyeon. He quickly lied on the bed and pulled Jiyeon into his arms, “Goodnight Jiyeon. Sleep tight.”

“You too, Sehun.” Jiyeon finally settled in Sehun’s arms and enjoyed the warmth of his body.

 

Sehun’s POV

            I woke up the morning feeling the warmth from Jiyeon’s body. I looked at her sleeping face and she was always this adorable, made me fell for her even more. I smiled as I gently touched her face with my fingers. Then I carefully left the bed, making sure to not make any noise that could wake her up. I look at the time and it’s just 5.00 a.m. so I should let her rest more. I went out and slowly closed the door. But when I turned around to leave to my room, I gasped in shock to see one of our maids was standing behind me with a surprised expression.

“Jinhee noona!” I gasped and then quickly covered my mouth, blocking it from making more noise.

“Sehun, why are you coming out from Jiyeon’s room?” She asked, half-whispering.

I dragged her away from Jiyeon’s room and began kneeling down in front of her, “I beg you noona, please keep this a secret from my parents.”

She nervously pulled my hand, signaling me to stand back up, “I can do that for you. Just stand up first,” She said and I did as she told, “But what happened Sehun?” She curiously asked.

“Well…” I rubbed my nape, not sure if I should tell her, “Last night Jiyeon was crying alone, so…” I paused there.

“So you went to console her. I get it. Aigoo Sehunnie, you are really a grown up now. It feels not long ago when I first came here and you’re just a boring middle schooler back then.” Jinhee said chuckling, and I was somehow relieved that she didn’t look surprised anymore.

“It’s not fun being a grown up.” I pouted.

“You can do this. By the way, if it’s Jiyeon, I approved. She’s such a sweet and nice girl, so beautiful at that. But your parents…” Jinhee noona paused there, well I understood what she was thinking because I thought of that too.

“Someday, I’ll tell them. But for now, this is our secret.” I answered and I saw her nodding.

“By the way, I don’t know if you noticed, but your parents arrived last night around midnight. They saw your car and told me to prepare breakfast because they’ll be eating with you and Jiyeon.”

“Alright. They travelled a lot that I think the last time I saw them was a few weeks ago. Please inform Jiyeon about it, and please cook deliciously too noona.”

“Not a problem. Now go before anyone else sees us.” She then shoved me away before she too made her way downstairs. Sigh. My heart skipped a bit when she suddenly appeared like that. I was so lucky that I was her. It could have been my parents since they’re already back. If this already scared me so much, how would I tell them about me and Jiyeon later? Would I be able to do so? But I have to if I want to be with Jiyeon.

 

---

 

            I approached the dining table where I noticed both my parents had already took their seats. I went to my father first and hugged him before doing the same to my mother. I love them, I really do despite of all the things I had to go through for them. I knew they’re doing everything for my own self, but I hope someday they’ll see that I also craved for a normal live, doing what I like, doing something for myself. Not for them, not for anyone else.

“How’s work when we’re not around?” I knew father would ask that.

“Great. You knew I hire Jiyeon as project designer right?” I asked him back.

“Yes. Your mother told me. How’s she doing?”

“She’s doing great. She does what she loves, and she loves what she does.” I explained and I saw father nodded and went back to reading the newspaper. That’s it. I hoped he’d at least ask me how I was doing.

“Come back home often Sehun. We miss having you here.” Mother then said.

“I will. Sorry I was too busy lately.” I apologized.

“Let your son finish his work. Don’t burden him with such small things. We can still see him at the company.” Father coldly said, and I wish he never said that.

“But still, it’s hard to talk to him at the company. He’s always working and working.” Mother cutely pouted as she talked and I only smiled seeing her cute side.

“Because that’s what he’s supposed to do. You shouldn’t bother our son. He’s doing his best now. With him at the company, we will be able to extend our brand worldwide.” Father smiled as he looked at me.

“Good morning.” Jiyeon appeared smiling. She looked so beautiful since this early morning. I’m glad she appeared now so they’ll stop bickering. I saw my parents curled a loving smile as they saw Jiyeon. I knew they like Jiyeon very much because who wouldn’t. But I didn’t know if they’ll be able to accept it if I confess about us. Jiyeon went to hug my father and then my mother like I did before. She looked so much like a family.

“I’m glad you’re at the company now Jiyeon.” That’s the first thing father told her once she took her seat next to mother.

“And I’m glad to be accepted.” She said smiling.

“Since Sehun is too busy to meet me at the company, you should come visit my office sometimes Jiyeon.” Mother invited.

“I would love to!” Jiyeon excitedly agreed and mother seemed satisfied with her answer too.

“Jiyeon, next week is your birthday right? Why don’t we celebrate it since we haven’t had the chance to do so before?” I interrupted as I remembered something.

“Jiyeon’s birthday? Let’s throw a party for Jiyeon then!” Mother excitedly applauded at her own idea.

“I don’t think that’s necessary.” Jiyeon awkwardly refused and mother just pouted at her answer.

After we all finally settled at the table, we enjoyed our breakfast together. I seriously missed this moment from six years ago where my parents would only ask me if I did well at school or if I studied for test. Now it was all about work. I guess this is the reality none of us could escape for being an adult. But being born with silver spoon is the truth that I hate to admit. It’s not an easy life. It was suffocating and lifeless.

“By the way Sehun, tomorrow we’ll have an important guest from Kim Group. I have a lot of work to catch up so please entertain the representative on our behalf. It’s important to establish good relations with them for our future endeavor.” There my father goes again, in the middle of eating.

“Alright father, noted. Is it the chairman?” I asked.

“No. He’s out of the country so he sent someone else.”

“Okay, I’ll rearrange my schedule for tomorrow.”

Sigh, another corporate people to deal with.

 

 

Author’s POV

“Sir, the rep from Kim Group is almost here. We should welcome them.”

It was almost lunch time and Sehun was busy doing his work when his secretary came to inform him the news. He put down his pen and left his table right away upon receiving the news. On their way to the lobby, Sehun fixed her tie and suits, ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter