012

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

012

 

Guys here's a song for you to enjoy while reading this chapter :)

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon and Seongwoo approached the group of families and friends near the dessert table. Jiyeon saw that everyone was smiling as they’re watching her and Seongwoo approaching. From a far, she noticed Yura next to Sehun. She just curled a sad smile and dropped down her head. She didn’t want to, but she had to admit that they already looked like a match made in heaven just standing still like that.

“Happy birthday Jiyeon, you look like a princess. Such a pretty girl.” Seongwoo’s dad told as soon as she reached the group.

“And Seongwoo is the prince.” Sehun’s father then added and they laughed at his joke.

“Before anything, let’s cut the cake! I’ve been waiting.” Sehun’s mother told before she grabbed Jiyeon towards the beautifully decorated cake. Everyone was watching as Jiyeon blew the candle and cut the cake. Jiyeon just smiled shyly as people were clapping for her, still haven’t used to the attention.

“Happy birthday Jiyeon-ssi. I’m Yura, nice to meet you.” Once the guests started scattering away to enjoy the party, Yura approached Jiyeon to greet her.

“Thank you. Nice to meet you too.” Jiyeon just curled an awkward smile upon her first encounter with Kim Yura.

“Let’s be comfortable with each other. I think we’ll be seeing each other often after this.” Yura shot her friendly smile.

“What do you mean?” Jiyeon asked, confused.

“My father deployed me to Oh’s company for our business so we’re practically colleagues now.” Yura explained and now Jiyeon got what she meant.

“I see. Then, welcome.” Jiyeon replied. Right at that moment too, Sehun, Seongwoo, and Jisoo approached them.

“So, what are these two beautiful ladies talking about? Mind adding me to the conversation?” Seongwoo interrupted and both Jiyeon and Yura chuckled at his joke.

“Since when did Seongwoo become a sweet talker? Whoaa, people could really change a lot after six years.” Jisoo commented and Seongwoo just replied her with a wide grin.

Sehun who had just silently watching his friends talking then suddenly detached himself from the group and walked away. He felt unneeded, and most importantly he couldn’t stand watching Jiyeon smiling so brightly at Seongwoo. He knew they were closer than they actually were during high school because they spent six years together while he couldn’t do so. But he sincerely didn’t want to grow hatred inside him because Seongwoo is his friend and he’s also Jiyeon’s friend so he decided to just stay away from them for a while. Jisoo noticed Sehun’s gloomed expression while he left so she followed him. She grabbed two glasses of wine and approached Sehun who had left outside towards the swimming pool.

“Hey big guy, you don’t come here to cry alone right?” Jisoo teased and stood next to Sehun by the pool.

Sehun just smiled at Jisoo and took the wine before taking a sip of it, “I’m such an , Jisoo. I’m a bad friend. I remember breaking up with Jiyeon six years ago because I knew Seongwoo likes her and I didn’t want to hurt my best friend. But why did I bother doing that in the past if I ended up getting back together with Jiyeon now?” He began because he knew Jisoo was probably the only person he could talk about his feelings now.

“What’s the point of thinking about it Sehun? If you really want to be with Jiyeon, you’ll have to hurt Seongwoo sooner or later. That’s your only option.” Jisoo gave Sehun a reality check.

Sehun dropped his head down and heaved out a long sigh, “I should’ve told Seongwoo about this six years ago before he could grow his feelings stronger towards Jiyeon. But they were basically stuck together for the past six years, and I bet you can see yourself how close they are now.”

“Yes, I know, I saw that,” Jisoo also dropped down her head, “Seongwoo had fixed his eyes on Jiyeon, and he won’t see anyone else besides her.”

Hearing Jisoo’s sad voice, Sehun lifted up his head and looked at Jisoo, “Jisoo you couldn’t possibly like Seongwoo, aren’t you?”

Jisoo shot a meaningful smile and looked up the sky, “Since I was a kid, I’ve always thought Seongwoo is so handsome and I want to live my life looking at his face forever and I would never be bored. But unlike you, I gave myself a reality check and accept the fact that if he’s ever gonna fall for me, he would’ve done so long ago. But he did not.”

“I’m sorry Jisoo. If I knew you liked Seongwoo, I would have helped you.” Sehun apologized.

Jisoo and laughed and punched Sehun’s shoulder, “It’s already too late for that, .”  

“Ouch Jisoo, you’ve become tougher after coming back from abroad.” Sehun teased and they both laughed, somehow feeling better after pouring their hearts out.

“But Sehun, do you think you can be with Jiyeon? Because you know, your parents…” Jisoo gave Sehun another reality check and he began sighing again.

“I’m thinking of telling them soon before they get another weird idea of marrying me with someone like they did to us back then.” Sehun told.

“But—” Jisoo paused before she could say more because she promised his mother to keep the thing about Yura a secret from Sehun.

“Why Jisoo?” Sehun gave her a strange look.

“No. I just want to tell you that if you don’t think you can ever be with Jiyeon, you should just let her go. That will be less painful for both of you. Believe me.”

“No Jisoo… I can’t let Jiyeon go anymore. My life now is less miserable because she’s by my side. I don’t know what will happen to myself if I lose her again. I don’t even want to imagine that.” Sehun refused. Jisoo knew her friend was too deep in love and there’s nothing else she could do other than letting him face the obstacles if he really wanted to be with Jiyeon.

 

Meanwhile inside the mansion, the guests were slowly leaving as it’s getting late. The only people left were Seongwoo and his family, Jisoo’s dad, and Yura whom Sehun’s mother insisted of staying because she wanted Sehun to drop Yura home. Jiyeon was helping the maids to tidy up the place although Sehun’s father had told her to not do it. She’s just too kind to just sit when the maids could use a hand. At the same time, she stole a glance outside and saw Sehun and Jisoo by the swimming pool.

“Jiyeon,” Seongwoo appeared next to her and helped tidying up too.

Jiyeon lifted up her face and smiled at Seongwoo, “Thanks for helping too Seongwoo.”

“Anything for you Jiyeon. But can we tidy up together after this? I have something to show you.” Seongwoo told.

“What is it?” Jiyeon curiously asked as she stopped doing the work and same goes to Seongwoo.

“Come. It’s outside.” Seongwoo grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist and pulled her outside, running passed their families.

“Let them spend some times alone. Youngsters.” Jisoo’s dad said as the others kept watching the two friends disappeared outside the main entrance.

Seongwoo took Jiyeon to the car porch and stopped right next to his car. He opened the back door and took out a cute bag, “Huh? Isn’t that a bag for pet?” Jiyeon confusedly asked.

Seongwoo curled a happy smile as he excitedly nodded, “Yes. It’s your birthday present. Look inside.”

Jiyeon leaned closer towards the bag Seongwoo was holding. She carefully pulled the zipper and opened the bag. She looked inside and saw something moving. It didn’t take her long before she happily squealed, “Awhhhh a kitten! Is this really for me?” Jiyeon took out the cute black and white kitten from inside the bag and hugged it.

“Yes Jiyeon. Her name is Oreo. Do you like my present?” Seongwoo asked with eyes full of hopes.

“I love it Seongwoo! Thank you so much.” Jiyeon answered and started kissing the kitten.

“Ahhh I’m glad you love it. Oreo, make sure to be a nice kid okay?” Seongwoo attempted to tickle the kitten but he freaked her out and made her jumped off Jiyeon’s arms.

“Oh no! Oreo wait!” Jiyeon called as the small kitten began running away.

It was suddenly chaotic as Seongwoo began chasing after the kitten, “It’s okay Jiyeon I’ll catch this naughty kid!” Jiyeon heard Seongwoo yelled from somewhere and she just laughed to hear his panting voice.

Jiyeon decided to help looking for Oreo too but it was quite dark so it’s harder to see. While she was looking below every car there, Jiyeon suddenly heard a loud banging sound coming from the gate. She stood up and looked at the gate, surprised, “Oreo!” She then quickly approached the gate. She noticed there was a gap between the gate and the ground so she figured Oreo must have slipped through there. Worried that the kitten wandering alone at the street, Jiyeon opened the small side gate and rushed outside. But before she could go farther, someone suddenly grabbed her from behind and covered .

“Hmphhh! Hmmphhh!!!” Jiyeon struggled but the arms holding her were too strong compared to her girly strength.

“So you’re living in such a big house comfortably these past years huh Park Jiyeon?” Her eyes widened in surprise to hear the familiar deep voice she wanted to forget so much.

“Hmphh!” She grumbled behind the sweaty hand that was covering too tightly.

“Yes sweetie, it’s me, your beloved aunt’s husband. I doubt you’ve forgotten me.” The man whispered in her ear and her body was trembling. She was scared. She could feel her body becoming weaker. She wanted to call for help but she was helpless, “Let’s go back to where you belong, .” The man held Jiyeon tightly and brought her towards an old car across the road.

Sehun… help me…

“JIYEON!” She could feel a sense of hope when he heard a voice calling for her.

“!” The grip on her was getting tighter as the guy didn’t give up and dragged her faster.

“Let her go you bastard!”

Jiyeon heard the sound of someone running and in a split second a loud thudding sound was heard. She could feel the grip on her loosening up before she was let free. Jiyeon fell onto the ground and she saw Seongwoo was on top of her uncle while he threw endless punches onto his face. The bad guy struggled but he managed to push Seongwoo off him and kicked once on Seongwoo’s chin causing him to fell o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter