001

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

001

 

Author’s POV

“Please welcome on stage, our new student representative, Oh Sehun.”

The hall was echoed with the sound of almost a thousand people applauding as an upright student stood up from his seat and courteously made his way to the stage. The teachers proudly nodded as he walked passed by them right to the podium on the stage. Everyone stared at him in disbelief as he seemed to be almost perfect. The classy school uniform fit his tall and firm body just right and his black hair complimented his fair skin. The girls were heard squealing once he curled a slight smile.

“Good morning to our hardworking teachers, parents, and fellow students. It is an honor for me to be given such opportunity to stand here as student representative for this term. I promise to never disappoint, and will work harder to make our school more known as well as keeping  the title as one of the top academies of this country. I believe with the teachers’ proper assistance, the students’ never-ending hard works, and the parents’ reliable support, everything is possible. We will strive to excellence together. Thank you.”

Sehun bowed as he finished his short speech. The hall once again was filled with applauses and Sehun was making his way down the stage back to his seat in between his parents. The event was then wrapped up with a small reception where the teachers, parents, and students were given opportunities to mingle around. Sehun only followed his parents as they talked with the other parents and teachers. His parents were really proud as other parents kept saying that Sehun was a student model for their daughters and sons, and that the school had chosen a very suitable as student representative. Being a well-educated son, Sehun politely thanked the elders for praising him and having faith in him.

While his parents were still busy conversing with the others, Sehun felt distracted and his eyes began wandering around, observing the surroundings, “Ong Seongwoo?” He muttered as his eyes were fixed on a student.

A male student was seen standing next to a female student at the dessert’s table with a soft smile on his face. The female students seemed so timid as every time her hand reached out to take a dessert, she would look at the boy first. The boy slightly laughed before he nodded and gestured to girl to take more. Sehun curiously made his way towards them after observing for a while.

“Ong Seongwoo.” He called.

“Oh! Our respectable student representative! What kind of luck to have you talking to me?” The male student jokingly replied.

“Bad luck,” Sehun told, also joking, “Are you a new student?” He shifted towards the female student who was nervously biting her lips. She only answered him with shaking her head, “Can’t you talk?” Sehun carefully asked because the girl looked like she was about to cry.

“Sehun she—” Before Seongwoo could finish his words, the girl suddenly rushed away from them.

“Did I scare her?” Sehun confusedly asked Seongwoo.

“You probably did. By the way, haven’t you seen her before? How could you ask if she’s a new student? She’s been around since our first year.” Seongwoo explained.

“Really? How can I not see her in these two years? Why does she look like she’s doing something wrong? And why does you, Ong Seongwoo, someone who rarely have any interest towards any girls because you said they are complicated, suddenly having interest towards an unknown girl?” Sehun suspiciously eyed Seongwoo as he threw all these questions.

“Maybe because she’s quite invisible due to her low-profile appearance before this, while now is better. And she’s rather timid and she seemed to think like she’s not welcomed here, probably, and that’s why I approached her just now. Also, to answer your last question, I, Ong Seongwoo, actually have a distinct taste in women and this unknown girl happens to fit my taste. That’s it. Now if you excuse me, while you enjoy your perfect life, let me go after her first. Goodbye!”

“Perfect life, huh? Yeah sure.” With that, Sehun went back to his parents.

 

-----------------------------------

 

            It was already almost a month since the beginning of their new term. The students seemed to still be quite lenient because there were no tests or examination yet. While the students walked through the school entrance that morning, a luxurious car entered and stopped right in front of the school building. The students didn’t have to wait to know who would be coming out from the car because it’s none other but Sehun. However today, he wasn’t alone. Right after he came out from the car, an elegant-looking girl followed suit. She thanked the chauffeur first while Sehun was waiting at the side. Once she was done, they walked into the building together. As they walked through the hallway, whispers could be heard but they couldn’t care less about it and just walked straight to class together.

“Sehun and Jisoo are together today?”

“Wow look at them. Both are good-looking.”

“I heard they were planned to get married since their birth. I hope they’ll invite the whole school to their wedding.”

“Really?” A chic looking guy suddenly joined the conversation, “I’m their close friend but even I don’t know about that. How would you?” He crossed his arms, curious.

“It’s not like that Seongwoo. It’s just a rumor I heard the other day.” The girl explained.

“I think they would appreciate it if you guys stopped spreading such rumors then. If they were to get married, I will be the first person telling you guys about it. Goodbye!”

After giving them a piece of his mind, Seongwoo made his way to his classroom. Right when he arrived there, Sehun and Jisoo were seen standing in front of the class seemingly just arrived. He quickly joined them and began giving them a suspicious gaze.

“What do you want?” Sehun asked with a smugly expression, knowing well that his friend had always had a weird idea in his mind.

“Are we playing staring game, Seongwoo?” Jisoo innocently asked, somehow getting herself ready for the game.

“We can play the game later Jisoo. Now answer me honestly, is it true that you guys were planned to get married since birth?”

Sehun and Jisoo confusedly looked at each other before they burst into laughter, “Nonsense!” Sehun then answered the curious Seongwoo, “However that might be true. I’ll ask my mother tonight and I’ll let you know tomorrow.”

“You guys love each other?” Seongwoo asked again.

“I don’t think so, right Sehun?” Jisoo looked at Sehun for an explanation.

“Yeah I don’t think so too.” Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

“Then why…”

“Jisoo, the class will start soon. See you later then.” Sehun suddenly bid Jisoo goodbye.

“Alright! Thanks for the ride just now. See you guys later.” With that, Jisoo left to her class while Sehun went into his classroom, leaving the clueless Seongwoo outside alone.

“How could they talk about marriage as if it’s nothing when they don’t even love each other? What kind of life are they living?” Seongwoo asked himself.

“Ong Seongwoo!”

“Oh! Teacher…”

“What do you think you’re doing outside here after the bell rang? Go inside now!”

 

---

 

            Sehun was called by the principal that evening right before the school ended. His appearance was still as upright as always which even the principal adored. The principal told him to have a seat. He then took out a folder and handed it to Sehun.

“That’s the personal information of one of our student. She’s been absent from school for two weeks. We couldn’t contact the guardian. I also sent the teachers to her house but she refused to talk. Therefore I figured, she’ll probably feel more comfortable to talk to someone around her age. Please meet her and ask over if she has any personal problem, and if possible persuade her to come back to school. It’s such a waste because she’s a full-scholarship student.”

“I’ll try, Sir.”

“I believe you can do it, since you’re our capable student representative.”

“I’ll do my best, as I swear we will all strive for excellence together. No student shall be left out. See you tomorrow, Sir.”

“Alright. Good luck.”

The bell rang as soon as Sehun left the principal room. He went back to the class to take his bag before making his way outside the building. As expected, the car was already waiting for him there. Sehun went into the car and told the chauffeur where to go after he checked the address of the student he was supposed to meet. He then called his mother first to inform her that he had to go somewhere first. After that, he opened the folder and read the information stated there.

“She lives quite far from here. Park Jiyeon… scholarship student.” He then took a look at the photo at the top right, somehow having a familiar vibe, “Ong Seongwoo!” He exclaimed, remembering the girl as the one Seongwoo was chasing after during the entrance ceremony.

He took out his phone and quickly dialed Seongwoo’s number, “Hello.”

“Yes Mr. Sehun, what do you want?” He asked on the line, uninterested.

“Remember the unknown girl who fits your taste?” Sehun asked straight to the point.

“Ahh, Jiyeon-ssi? What about her?” Seongwoo asked back, somehow quite interested now.

“What do you know about her? When was the last time you see her?” Just like his habit, Sehun threw more than one question at one time.

“I only knew that she’s a scholarship student and the last time I saw her was… I think a week ago. I went to a convenience store and she was working part time there. But I went there yesterday and she’s not there. Why?”

“Did she ever tell you her personal problem? Or did she ever request for help?”

“No, never. Why?”

“Okay then. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter