008

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

008

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon was checking their schedule for the first day as they arrived at the Osaka University for their winter program. Thankfully it was only fifteen minute drive from their hotel. They could’ve stayed in the hostel, but Sehun insisted on staying at the hotel because it was closer to many fun attractions in Osaka although it means it was farther from their main destination. Sehun parked the car and they both came out. Sehun went to Jiyeon’s side to check on their schedule as well.

“Where should we go now?” Sehun asked.

“Registration at Assembly Hall, let’s find it.” Jiyeon answered.

“Wait.” Jiyeon was about to move when Sehun stopped her, “It’s cold. Cover up properly.” He fixed Jiyeon’s jacket and scarf.

“Thanks…” Jiyeon muttered. She was too shy to even look into Sehun’s eyes at that moment.

Sehun just smiled and placed his arm around Jiyeon’s shoulders and they walked away. Too close. Jiyeon thought as they looked so much like a couple now that Sehun tugged her closer. But she pretended like it’s nothing and just focused on the map on her phone to make sure they’re on track. It took them less than five minutes to find the hall. As the one who had basics in Japanese, Sehun helped them with the registration. They received their timetable and they’ll be having only three sessions a week so that means a lot of free time for them in two weeks’ time. Their first session began right away and while such program was nothing new to Sehun, it was very unfamiliar for the timid Jiyeon so Sehun kept Jiyeon close to her.

“How was it?” Sehun asked Jiyeon as soon as the first session ended.

“I’m hungry…” Jiyeon uttered what’s in her mind instead of answering the question.

Sehun only chuckled at how cute Jiyeon was. He began ruffling Jiyeon’s hair, “Let’s go back to the hotel for dinner and then take a good rest. I bet you’re tired having to rush for the program right after we landed here.”

“Yes. And I’m really hungry.” She cutely pouted as she said that, not realizing that she somehow managed to cause flutters in the guy’s heart.

 

            They went back to the grand hotel towards the restaurant first. After filling up their empty stomach, both went straight to their room. Jiyeon was so nervous as she really couldn’t imagine staying in the same hotel room with Sehun, especially when she didn’t have any idea of how does the room look. They couldn’t check it out after checking in because they had to head straight to Osaka University this afternoon. She could still remember how anxious she was when Sehun said our room before. Luckily he realized they were late for registration so they had to postpone their first visit to their room. Now they’re here again, the anxiousness was slowly creeping back into Jiyeon’s heart.

“Come in.” Sehun welcomed as soon as he unlocked the door.

Jiyeon took shy steps and passed by Sehun, entering the executive room. Sehun shut the door behind Jiyeon and threw his body onto the comfy couch in the middle of the living room. Jiyeon, instead, went to a separate section and found herself in the bedroom. She was amazed at the translucent glass wall that allowed her to see the beautiful cityscape and sky of Osaka from the 39th floor of the building. She was even more amazed that the beds were facing such scenery, but she stood frozen when she realized something. They were two queen sized beds arranged side by side in front of her right now.

“Why are there two beds here? There is other room here right?” She mumbled to herself before she left the room and walked around the suites to look for another room, but there were none.

She went back into the bedroom and found Sehun sitting on the bed playing with his phone. He lifted up his head upon realizing Jiyeon’s presence, “Why Jiyeon?” He asked seeing the obvious flustered expression on her face.

“Uhm… where do I sleep? Isn’t there supposed to be another room? Since this is twin executive room you said?” She questioned.

Her heart almost went crazy when Sehun’s first reaction was a teasing chuckle, “Here’s your bed Jiyeon.” He pointed at the bed next to his.

“This doesn’t sound right at all.” Jiyeon kept mumbling while her back was stuck on the glass wall. Sehun chuckled again seeing Jiyeon’s cute response, “Stop chuckling like that Sehun. Why are you doing this to me?” Jiyeon pouted.

Sehun abruptly stood up from his bed and slowly approached Jiyeon. He stopped in front of her

and stared straight into her big eyes, “I just don’t wanna let you off my sight. Don’t worry Jiyeon. I respect you the same way I respect my mother.”

“Thank you…” Jiyeon muttered, too shy to even look into his eyes right now. She’s still a girl after all.

Sehun then settled on the bed while Jiyeon went to hers, “Now, I just want us both to enjoy this.” He said staring at the orange sky outside the window.

Jiyeon too, was staring at beautiful orange sky for a while, until she instinctively shifted her gaze to her right that is Sehun. She was blessed by a handsome sight of Sehun’s side view. He was staring straight to the front, too absorbed in the view to realize that a pair of eyes were affectionately watching him. A sad smile appeared on her face as Jiyeon realized, he was close yet too far for her to reach out to. She knew that the most she could do was only watching and adoring from afar. He’s done enough, and she didn’t want to ask for more, always telling herself

to be grateful with what she had right now. She didn’t want to drive him away, she wanted them to stay as they are at that moment. She was already content with her life, with Sehun’s presence by her sight.

 

Sehun’s POV

             It’s our third day here in Japan, it had been wonderful. We’re now having two days break from the program because of New Year’s celebration. It’s our first time celebrating New Year outside Korea and it’s somehow very thrilling. Jiyeon was obviously excited as well. I hope Jiyeon would enjoy this moment more than she already did. I could feel she was a bit awkward and shy, probably because we’re always together. In Korea, we didn’t see each other as much as we did here although we live under a roof. I was actually glad I brought her here. I really hope we’ll become closer, I did my best.

“Jiyeon, do you wanna take a walk around Umeda tonight? I bet New Year’s Eve here is gonna be really fun.” I asked Jiyeon who was watching something on TV in the living room.

“Really? I would love to!” She exclaimed while shyly clapping her hands.

I could only smile at how cute she actually was. Yes, she was always timid and awkward, but she was seriously cute that way. The more time I spent with her, the more I found myself wanting to keep her close. At first I thought I was only trying to protect her, but this is the same feeling I had towards Jisoo before, just that this was stronger, maybe. What about my feeling towards Jisoo? Jisoo didn’t like me the same way I did. I wasn’t giving up, and Jiyeon wasn’t my rebound. The feeling was slowly fading away while I developed fondness towards Jiyeon, slowly replacing Jisoo in my heart. Now she’s just my precious friend, and that was probably the best for us. But I wonder, what does Jiyeon think about me? What am I to her?

“Sehun, we’re going now?” Jiyeon asked as she was all done. Her expression didn’t show much, but I could clearly see in her eyes that she was excited for this.

I nodded as an answer and we both then left the building. We decided to just walk around because this place was close to Umeda. There were just so many people on the street that we had to really squeezed ourselves in between those people celebrating New Year’s Eve. We decided to just walk along the street to and enjoyed the view. While Jiyeon was walking by my side, I couldn’t help but to always steal a glance at her beautiful side profile. Why hadn’t I noticed that before? Her eyes were amusingly wandering around, enjoying the festive surroundings.

“Sehun,” I quickly pretended to look away when she suddenly turned to me and slightly pulled my sleeve, “I want that.” She told with her usual shining eyes when she was excited over something. She was pointing at a takoyaki stall across the street.

“Takoyaki? I want it too. Let’s go.” I naturally held her hand and crossed the street towards the stall. The warmth from her hand was spreading all over my body, overshadowing the obvious coldness from winter. It was cold again when I let go of the hand once we arrived in front of the stall. It felt so much like a date right now and that makes my heart flutters. Do I like her that much? Even I didn’t know that.

“Hmmm this is perfect!” She exclaimed after shoving a whole piece of takoyaki into that small mouth.

I let out a small chuckle seeing her cuteness. She was so cute that I felt like pulling her into my arms and hugged her tight to show my affection. What’s happening to me? After finishing our snacks, we found a riverside café with amazing night view. Luckily there weren’t much people there. We sat at a table by the river to enjoy the cooling night breeze while warming ourselves with hot coffee.

“Thank you Sehun. I knew this is so sudden but I feel like I could never stop thanking you my whole life.” That was so out of the blue. But she seemed so sincere as she stared right into my eyes.

“That was indeed all of sudden.” I chuckled and she did the same too, “But why?”

She curled a light smile and dropped her face, fixing her gaze on the coffee cup, “Some times ago when I was living my old life, I never dared dreaming to live such comfortable life like this. I was always prayin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter