003

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

003

 

 

Author’s POV

Sehun had done getting ready for school that morning and he quickly made his way to the dining table downstairs. He sighed in relief upon seeing both of his parents were at the dining table eating their breakfast while doing their things. His father was reading an online newspaper while his mother was checking stocks. It’s rare that Sehun managed to see his parents before going to school because they usually left early so today he especially come down for breakfast early to catch up to them.

“You’re quite early today Sehun.” His mother greeted with a smile.

“Where’s Jiyeon?” His father then asked.

“Maybe she’s still getting ready.” Sehun answered as he took his seat facing his mother.

“How is she? We didn’t manage to see her properly after that night. I hope she’s doing great, that poor girl.” His mother asked, concerned.

“What’s new, you guys rarely see me too. And don’t worry, she’s fine. I take care of her really well.” Sehun told.

“I’m sorry we don’t have much time for you Sehun, but we will always spare some times to help you with anything. I’m glad that you take care of that girl very well. If you, or even Jiyeon need anything, please contact us right away.” His father then said.

“It’s okay, I’m already used to it. I’m not complaining. Talking about Jiyeon, last night when I passed by her room and she was having terrible nightmare. I talked to her about it and she said she’s used to having such nightmare. But it seemed quite bad because she was all sweaty and she seemed scared when she woke up. I think she needs help.” Sehun addressed as the reason he rushed down early today was to inform his parents about it.

“Really? Maybe it’s related to the things she went through before you took her here. I think we should arrange an appointment with Dr. Kim. Maybe she needs counseling. We have no way of knowing if she suffered mentally so let her see the psychiatrist first.” His mother said before urgently took out her phone and began dialing someone.

“What about her reputation in studying Sehun?” His father suddenly asked while her mother walked away from the table as she talked to someone on the phone.

“Apparently she was above average student and especially good in visual arts. I checked with her homeroom teacher and she was always bad in social skills. Weird because she blended in really well with Seongwoo and Jisoo.” Sehun explained.

“Maybe she needs someone to approach her first. I get it. You should help her, since you’re a good student, and also student’s representative.” His father told and Sehun just nodded understandingly.

After that, Sehun’s mother appeared and took her seat again, “Fortunately, Dr. Kim is free this afternoon. You can bring her to his clinic after school today, Sehun. Tell her to not worry because everything is on me.” She informed.

“Okay mother. Thanks.”

“Oh, Jiyeon is here.” His mother then said once she noticed Jiyeon shyly made her way down the stairs.

“Come here dear and eat breakfast with us.” She called and Jiyeon slowly made her way and sat right next to Sehun. She could see both Sehun’s father and mother were gently smiling at her.

“Do you like it here? We’re sorry that you could rarely see us because we’re a bit busy.” Sehun’s father then started a conversation, not wanting Jiyeon to feel awkward around them.

“Yes, I like it here. In fact, it’s too comfortable for someone like me. Thanks for great hospitality, sir, ma’am.” She thanked while bowing down her head.

“No no need to be formal with us. Just call us uncle and aunt, that would be better and much comfortable. Also, we’re glad to be able to help you. Now think of this place as your own home since you’ll be staying here from now on. If there’s anything you need, just tell me, or you can just tell Sehun.” Sehun’s mother told.

“Thanks again. I really appreciate everything all of you had done for me.” Jiyeon thanked again.

“You’re most welcome. We have to leave to work now. Study well at school and Sehun don’t forget to bring Jiyeon to Dr. Kim. See you guys later.” With that, both of the elders stood from their seats and left the two kids together.

“What does your mother mean by bringing me to Dr. Kim?” Jiyeon confusedly asked Sehun.

“I told my parents about your nightmare, and mother said you probably need to consult psychiatrist so maybe Dr. Kim can help you to get rid of those nightmares.” Sehun explained.

“Does that mean this Dr. Kim can help me to sleep well? Can he make me forget things as well? Can he use hypnotize to do that?” Jiyeon suddenly threw a few questions which made Sehun somehow dumbfounded at how serious she looked right now. He could see hope in her eyes.

“Y—yes, maybe.” Sehun sheepishly nodded, “Better you ask him later, okay? Now finish your breakfast. Kibum hyung is waiting for us.” Sehun said, referring to the chauffeur.

“Okay.”

 

---

 

            After school ended, the chauffeur drove them straight to a clinic, supposedly. Sehun led Jiyeon into the place which he had been to a few times before with his parents. Dr. Kim is his parents’ close friend since college and he himself had become close with the psychiatrist. Dr. Kim had always had such a friendly and calm smile on his face which made people comfortable being around him. Sehun also had always liked being in the clinic because it was filled with aromatic scent coming from scented candles lit in the room. Even the interior design of the place seemed quite calming. Sehun sat on the comfy sofa in the waiting room while Jiyeon was in the counseling room with Dr. Kim.

It had been almost one hour while she was with Dr. Kim and Sehun had already managed to finish all his homework at the time being. He stared at the door to counseling room, hoping to hear something but not even a slight sound could be heard coming from the room. He was wondering what they were talking about inside there. He then took out his phone and checked the Kakao group chat of him with Jisoo and Seongwoo. Something suddenly came to his thought. Now that Jiyeon was pretty much in their group, he thought that maybe they should add her into the group as well. But he noticed that he hadn’t seen Jiyeon with any phone since the day she came with him.

“Oh… she must have left the phone in her old house because she ran with me empty handed. I think I should get her a phone. I’ll text father first that I’m gonna use my credit card.” Sehun mumbled to himself.

Out of the blue, the door to counseling room pulled open from inside revealing Jiyeon with Dr. Kim by her side, making way for her to come out first. Sehun stood up and curled a smile. Jiyeon went straight to his side and slightly bowed down her head, thanking Dr. Kim in which he replied with a nod and a friendly smile, “Next session will be tomorrow. See you guys soon okay.”

“Alright Uncle Kim. See you tomorrow.” Sehun greeted.

He and Jiyeon then made their way out of the clinic and went straight to the car where the chauffeur had been waiting. Once they settled in the car, Sehun began checking on Jiyeon as she didn’t say anything after finishing her first counseling session. He just wanna ensure if she was crying or anything but her face was still the same as before, without any hint of being sad or crying.

“Did you ask Dr. Kim if he could hypnotize you and help you forget things you wanna forget?” Sehun began talking.

“I did. But he said it’s too soon to do that. Besides, he said there’s many other ways to help me instead of using hypnotize because it’s not always successful and not always easy as it seems to be in movies or dramas.” Jiyeon answered.

“Don’t worry. He knows how to help, that’s why he said that.” Sehun assured.

“Yes, I hope so. But I’m not ready to tell him everything yet. I need to do that before he can help me, right?” Jiyeon looked at Sehun while curling a bitter smile.

“It’s okay. Take your time. You don’t need to force yourself to tell him if you’re not ready. It’s your choice.” Sehun assured and Jiyeon finally sighed in relief, “But then, let’s go to the mall first and buy a phone for you. What do you think?” Sehun excitedly said.

“Uhm, I forgot to tell you because Seongwoo sent me home when it’s already nighttime yesterday. He bought me a phone…” Jiyeon hesitantly told.

“Oh really? Where is it?”

“I haven’t had any time to take it out from its box yet because I was so tired last night. Seongwoo also comes from wealthy family, like you?” Jiyeon curiously asked.

“His father is a professor. Later at home don’t forget to give me your number so I can add you into our Kakaotalk group chat okay.”

“Alright.”

 

------------------------------------

 

            It’s Friday and it’s also the third counseling session between Jiyeon and Dr. Kim. Sehun managed to finish his weekend homework this time, meaning he’s gonna be free from homework for the weekend. He lied down on the comfy sofa which he loved so much facing the counseling room’s door. He was really curious of whatever they talked about behind the door but he knew very well it wasn’t hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter