Sonatine of the Orange Elephant

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

Time, hidden by a mysterious secret

When the hidden secret is about to be revealed

You're mysterious, I'm secretive

When we meet, we become one universe

Even the countless, twinkling stars have no meaning

 

Alice drew out feelings they didn't know they could have, and it was an open secret.

 

The orange elephant in the room was finally being addressed.

"So."

"Yep."

"Yeah."

The pirate, superhero, and fairy all looked at each other, unsure of what else to say. They've never been in this type of situation before, what was the right thing to say when you all liked the same person?!

"How awkward, all of you have feelings for our little Sookie." The devil's comment broke the silence that had settled in the room.

"Talk about having similar tastes." The puppet added jokingly.

Or the same exact taste in this case, Chaeyoung wrote.

"It's Sookie we're talking about here. She's awesome!" Dahyun interjected with her 10 cents.

The best!

Both of Sookie's partners-in-crime agreed enthusiastically, being just as smitten (in the most platonic way) as the fairy, pirate, and superhero.

At their words, Momo's eyes gained a determined gleam.

"That's why I'm in love with her!" She boldly declared, making everyone in the room stare at her. "You heard me. I may be cursed with this tiny body, but that doesn't change how I feel about Soo-chan!" Sookie was her Peter Pan, her flying girl who could make her feel like she was floating through the air even while she was grounded, make her feel like her heart was expanding bigger and bigger, beyond her small body. If she needed happy thoughts to fly, they would all be centered around Sookie.

"Momo-chan's not the only one. I'm in love with Soo-chan, too." Sana staked her claim next, meeting Momo's jealous glare. "I'm not good at hiding things, and I never hid what I feel for Soo-chan." Where there was a Superman, there was a Lois Lane, and that especially ran true for herself and Sookie. She couldn't, wouldn't, imagine herself without her reporter/sidekick/love interest. Not when Sookie made her super-powered self feel so ordinary, yet make the world seem so boundless, like there was nothing she couldn't do.

"I'm not gonna lie, I feel the same way you two do about Sookie-chan." Mina quietly threw her hat in the ring without hesitation. "I'm in love with her." The first mate was never a necessity for her to have at first, until Sookie came along and claimed that title all her own. And without either of them realizing, stealing Mina's heart while she was at it. It was like having the whole sky at her fingertips. Sookie could bring in the shining sun, to the lazy floating clouds, or the stars that sparkled at night, and she never loved watching the sky more.

I guess I'm on Team MiSoo, Chaeyoung held up her whiteboard with a thumb's up towards the pirate.

"Thanks Chaeng." Mina sent her a grateful smile.

"Yah!"

"Whose on my team?!"

"I'm Team SaSoo, unnie." The bunny raised her paw supportively in favor of Sana.

"You're on the winning team, Dubu~" Sana cuddled with their fluffy bunny, squealing happily. 

"C'mon! Any love for me?"

"Oh, keep your wings on Tink. Team MoSoo for me." Jungyeon said, rolling her eyes.

"Jung hyung~" On cue, the puppet stuck her hand out to block the incoming glomp bullet that was Momo.

"Whose team are you on, unnie?" Dahyun's innocent question prompted everyone (especially Sana and Momo) to stare at Nayeon.

"Eh? Well... if I had to choose-"

"It doesn't matter. We don't let it get any further than that." Everyone turned to see their appointed leader at the door, the maknae by her side.

"But Jihyo-"

"I can't help it-"

"...I know. I remember."

"Good. I'm not saying that you're not allowed to-" At this, Jihyo cleared awkwardly, the devil taking notice. "-be in love with Sookie. Just remember this, she has a life outside of this house; a family; friends..." She thought of the times the orangette would play her a new song, downplaying herself and comparing herself to her older siblings.

"That was pretty good, Sookie."

"Really? You liked it."

"You know I'll always give you my honest opinion about your songs."

"Hee, it's not quite on Hyoseob oppa's or Nov unnie's level, but it's another step in their direction."

"...a dream; a future. And neither of us are gonna hold her back from that." Definitely not me, I won't allow it.   

 

When I wake up from my dream it makes me sad

Like that I, like that I look at the seperating stars by myself

What kind of heart was it?

Has it already begun?

Time, hidden by a mysterious secret

Every minute, every second so you won't even notice it

I want to narrow the distance between us we will be aligned now

It can't stop here

I'll hurry up a bit and it'll give me strength

The secret of secrets will be revealed

 

"You're in just as deep as them, Jihyo-yah." Nayeon remarked seriously, having followed the yuki-onna out.

"Which makes what I told the others all the more serious. Sookie can't stay here forever." Even if the sound of forever with the dumb bear sounded like a beautiful warm dream. "We can't- I can't be selfish and just think about what I want. That pabo bear has a dream to chase out there! She has a business course to quit so that she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter