Be There, Be There, Be There

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

The lazy afternoon which closes my eyes

The spring breeze passing by

remind me of you

What are you doing now?

 

Alice loved getting into all sorts of antics with the residents.

 

It didn't take long for Sookie to gain two partners-in-crime. One being a white rabbit she carried around everywhere with a little backpack she wore on her chest. The second being a mermaid who took to her mute legged form, carrying around a whiteboard and several colored dry-erase markers.

Sookie told her the different colors were for her different moods. Chaeyoung loved them, and often drew cute little illustrations to go with what she wrote.

"Wah, you draw so good, Chaeng!" Sookie praised her after she showed her one of the sketches she had on her little isle.

Mah, I'm not that good, Chaeyoung wrote, looking sheepish but really really pleased. She liked when Sookie praised her.

"That's our artistic mermaid, alright." Dahyun commented, munching on one of the carrots Sookie always packed in the backpack. She loved that Sookie always had food prepared for them.

Chaeyoung did too, taking the can of sardines that Dahyun passed her.

"Sookie! Here's your crisps!" The rabbit held up the bag of chips with both paws. Her ears automatically drooped when Sookie affectionately scratched them.

"Thanks Dubu."

The trio often hung out in Mina and Chaeyoung's painting, goofing off and having picnics on the small isle Chaeyoung inhabited. Sometimes Chaeyoung and Sookie would go for a swim, while Dahyun opted to be safe on land and just watch them.

Yeah, rabbits weren't really water creatures.

Nayeon and Jungyeon warmed up to Sookie through the constant prank wars they held against each other. Chaeyoung was the one that helped Sookie out, seeing it as an opportunity to one up the puppet hyung and devil.

The rest of the house was thoroughly entertained whenever these wars started.

Not so much when the two teams collaborated and pranked them.

"You're going to DIE." The vampire appeared out of the forest painting, covered in a red substance, bats flying around her, murder in her eyes.

"Who wants a hug right now?" The yuki-onna asked with a cold smile, eyes glowing white as a blizzard swirled around her and started freezing everything around her.

"There's only one thing left to do."

"RUN!"

The four quickly ran for their life, Sookie having to scoop up Jungyeon so she wouldn't get left behind.

If only she didn't have her stupid short puppet legs.

"The painting!"

The pranksters dived in, safe from the clutches of the vampire who couldn't step into the sunlight, and the yuki-onna who couldn't handle tropical temperatures without getting sick.

"We're alive!" They burst out laughing, smiles of relief on their faces.

"Any last words?" They heard someone mutter stoically, turning to see the pirate pointing a cannon at them, the fuse already burning away.

"We regret nothing!" Jungyeon, Nayeon, and Sookie declared as a last stand. Chaeyoung wrote hers with exclamation points.

And Team Rocket was blasting off again.

Yeah, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to plant red paint balloon traps in Tzuyu's forest. Or place heat runes on all of Jihyo's furniture. Or make the steering wheel and anchor of Mina's ship invisible.

The pranksters thought it was still worth it.

 

The day when I was down for no reason

A call from you that I waited for

It brightens my face like a flower

Smile spreads

 

Sana didn't realize that superheroes needed a sidekick or reporter.

"They have those?" She asked, blinking in confusion at Sookie who sat across her on the rooftop.

"Yeah! All good superheroes have a sidekick or reporter!" Sookie exclaimed with all of the confidence of a girl who read too much comics. "Superman had Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane, Batman had several Robins, Captain America had Bucky, so on and so forth."

"Oh. Then, would you like to be my sidekick or reporter, Sookie?"

"Me? Why not the others?"

"Well, they wouldn't really be interested. And besides, Sookie knows more about heroes and sidekicks than they do."

"Then you got yourself a sidekick, Sana-san! Ooh! I'll need a costume and I need to learn how to fight..."

With a laugh, Sana scooped up her babbling sidekick and flew to one of the sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter