Ending: The Pirate Captain and First Mate

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15.1

 

Alone with you, 

honestly no I

Don't do it, don't do it

don't ignore it

Tell me, you

 

And the rain finally stopped for our pirate once she found the sun again.

 

Mina could only nod in agreement, unable to speak the words she wanted to say.

You're here... in front of me...

I missed you... I love you...

Sookie-chan...

After another beat of awkward silence, Mina managed to string together some words.

"Er... do you watch Pirates of the Caribbean?" Really? That's what we're starting with?

"Are you kidding? Jack Sparrow's like the coolest pirate captain ever. I think he's my favorite."

"I don't know... Monkey D. Luffy is pretty cool, too. He's my favorite." The happy-go-lucky character reminded her very much of Sookie-chan. A little dim-witted, vibrant, but having a heart of gold.

"Good choice... er... I just realised I don't know your name." Sookie laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Myoui Mina."

"Nice to meet you, Mina-ssi. I'm Shin Hyunsook, feel free to call me Sookie."

"I'll remember that."

Then there was more silence, before Sookie decided to break it.

"You want to sit up here with me, Mina-ssi? I feel bad that you're standing down there by yourself."

"I'd love to."

"Chaeyoungie said you had something to show me?"

"Mmhmm. Follow me." Mina shyly grabbed Sookie's hand to lead her.

"Are we going to the store? Did Mina-chi run out of ketchup? Is this a ketchup run?"

"No... I'm still well stocked."

"Ooh, did Mina-chi find another shop that sold cute penguin plushies?"

"Not quite." She made a mental note for them to do that next time.

"Aww, it's okay, Mina-chan. You're still way cuter than any penguin plush. You're like my own life-sized penguin plush!"

Sookie's innocent declaration had her face strawberry red. Sookie did have a habit of cuddling up to her whenever they sat by each other, a habit she didn't discourage.

"And Sookie-chan is my life-sized teddy bear."

"Aren't we a pair?"

Not for the first time, Mina wished that Sookie thought before she blurted stuff out loud. Her poor heart always stuttered hearing those things.

"We sure are."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter