Cold, warm, & too hot

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

I want to know your everything

I slightly looked at you, I secretly stole a glance at you

Without noticing, you only joke around with me oh

sometimes, I hate you so much

 

Alice was much like the sun, shining too bright and just a tiresome pain.

 

 

Much to Tzuyu's displeasure, the idiot human now took to spending time with her whenever she visited. Which means she had to bear her annoying presence far too often.

And the vampire only had so much patience.

At first, she had sent her legion of bats to chase away their uninvited guest.

"I'm not ready to play tag!!" Sookie ran away, arms flailing in the air as she hopped out of the painting.

Tzuyu let out a relieved sigh. She didn't see her for the rest of the day.

That trick only worked for a few days before Sookie befriended all of her bats.

"Bruce is it! Everyone fly away!!"

And she even got the damned bats to play tag or hide and seek with her! She even started naming her favorites!

What kind of names were Bruce, Alfred, , Jason, Damien, or Barbara? The idiot human was watching way too many American movies.

So now she was stuck babysitting the idiot human as she explored the forest, just because she wouldn't hear the end of it if she let the idiot human get mauled by one of the wild animals.

"Vampire-ssi?"

"What?"

"Why are there so many wild animals here?"

"What do you think I eat, idiot human?"

"Oh." She should've realized sooner, considering that Vampire-ssi was... well, a vampire. A blood- monster. "Vampire-ssi doesn't drink any human blood?" She asked curiously.

"The unnies let me try their's. Except Momo, Dahyun, and Jungyeon."

"And Vampire-ssi didn't like it?"

Tzuyu shrugged. "It was okay, but their blood didn't make me thirsty for more." Nayeon unnie's blood was too spicy, Jihyo unnie's was like liquid frostbite (even for a vampire who was just as cold blooded!), Sana unnie's packed too much of a punch, and Chaeng's was like salt water and fish. Mina unnie's was the most normal tasting, despite it having a tinge of sea air, but it didn't really taste as good as good old bear blood.

"Ahh!! Vampire-ssi! Help me!"

Tzuyu snapped out of thought to see Sookie running away from a pack of enraged bears chasing her down.

You've got to be kidding me. 

Tzuyu quickly dispatched the bears, setting aside their bodies so that she could drink later. There was no need to scare the idiot human by feeding in front of her. The others (except Jihyo and Nayeon) were still put off by the sight themselves.

"Thanks Vampire-ssi!" Sookie beamed her childish smile.

"Don't piss off the wildlife next time, idiot human." Tzuyu growled with annoyance. This was the fifth time already.

"Mianhe! I'll do my best!" Sookie rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, walking past Tzuyu as a breeze blew past.

The vampire froze at the scent that hit her. 

She didn't like that the idiot human smelled very similar to the tasty bears in her forest. And that for the first time ever, she actually wanted to have human blood.

Jihyo had gotten used to how much Sookie was a dumb, though musically-inclined, bear.

Sookie would play her songs on the piano or with the ukelele she brought from home.

And often times they would step into the kitchen and Jihyo would whip them up some ice cream.

"So you can't eat any hot foods, Jihyo?" She asked after polishing off two ice cream cones, one strawberry and the other cookies and cream.

"Yuki-onna, remember? All heat bothers me. Including lukewarm."

"So it's just cold food?"

"I can eat frozen foods. But ice cream tastes the best."

"That , Jihyo can't have a lot of tasty food." Sookie felt bummed out on the yuki-onna's behalf, making Jihyo chuckle.

"True. But at least I still have ice cream. Otherwise, it'd be really depressing." Jihyo q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter