Missing

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

Slipping through the ticket gate I see your back that I cannot reach

The kindness that turned around to face me I send off with all my might

"Are you alright on your own?" You asked, over and over again

I'm not being honest therefore I'm unable to hold you back

 

Without Alice, the "Wonder" was missing in "Wonderland".

 

A few months later...

 

The house felt bigger and emptier, and everybody was hyper aware of it.

The three unnies of the house sat in the kitchen, having a subdued breakfast. Well, the devil and yuki-onna were, the puppet was there to hang around.

"Being cursed never felt worse, huh?" Jungyeon commented, idly playing around with a familiar set of cute puppets. They were always her favorite.

"We didn't like being stuck with this curse to begin with." Jihyo replied, but didn't disagree. She was wearing a red parka over her white gown, the one she always poked fun at her about.

"She dreamt about us, you know. We were outside with her." Nayeon stirred her cup of hot chocolate, a special blend that had hot peppers in it, one that she got her as a gift. "You should've seen it. We looked just like before." A nostalgic look was in her eye.

"You cried, didn't you?"

"You would have too."

The puppet pat the devil's hand, quietly nodding in agreement.

That was the reason why none of them could bring themselves to watch One Piece anymore. Tears were inevitable then, too.

"Then it's good that none of us were with you." Clutching the red parka tighter around herself, the yuki-onna quickly disappeared into the snowy mountain top painting.

"She just needs more time."

"We all do."

They just didn't know how much time it would be. 

For now, all they could do was cope one day at a time.

 

I like you, but it's the first time I am able to think with my heart

The tears can't be stopped, Hug me one more time

You're leaving me, but I love you

I love you, but I need you

As if I had nothing before that with the smile you always had, please come back

 

The tropical paradise had shifted into a state of a never-ending rain.

Mina had taken to hanging in the crow's nest, hoisting up the poncho rain coat that she used for cover from the rain. She held the penguin plush tighter to her chest.

She'd be pulling me along to sing and dance with her in the rain.

Momo forwent her small hammock and was instead in the crow's nest with the pirate captain. The captain's hat that she so so hated, was now her substitute hammock.

Guess I don't have to compete with the stupid hat for her attention anymore.

Chaeyoung was always underwater, trying and failing to come up with new lyrics or pictures. She couldn't quite touch her creativity and inspiration. 

We'd be playing some game or prank the others when I couldn't think of anything.

The sun never rose for the now dark cityscape.

Sana had claimed the room she used to stay in as her own. She lay in her bed, still wearing the orange S ring, holding up the partner which was on the chain she wore.

I wish that she was allowed to take this ring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter