...for Just One Day

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11.5

 

If only I had just one day

I want to peacefully fall asleep intoxicated with your sweet scent

If there's a chance in my busy schedule I want to put my body in your warm and deep eyes

I like that, your long, straight hair your breathtaking neck when you put it up and the strands that fall out

Wherever we go, my handbag is your waist

Yo ma honey, whenever I see you, I run out of breath

 

"Today's the day! I'm going to finally tag you!"

"Ha ha, we'll see, Soo-chan." Momo replied with a half-hearted laugh.

The fairy watched as Sookie stretched and warmed up enthusiastically as if she was preparing for the olympics.

Melancholy.

It was the only emotion her tiny body was holding right now, her normally shimmering body now a pale bluish-gray. And as oblivious as Sookie was, she knew her Pan noticed it.

"Let's make this interesting, Mo-chan." Sookie suddenly declared.

"How so, Soo-chan?" Gosh, she would miss hearing Soo-chan call her Mo-chan so affectionately.

"If I tag you, I get a wish. If I don't tag you, Mo-chan gets a wish."

"Ooh, get ready to lose then, Soo-chan." Momo , feeling a tiny bit less blue. "On the count of three. One, two-" And she was off like a shot, soaring towards the fluffy clouds in the sky.

"Hey~ you cheated!" Sookie whined in protest, following after her. She determinedly tried to keep up with the dim yellow ball of light that was flying in and out of the clouds, always missing her by a few inches. 

How was she going to win this? She really needed to win. Then inspiration struck her from the many times she would play bat tag with her bat friends.

Play dead like Jason, she thought of the bad day where her friends and family pretended to forget about her, and then Sookie's body was falling towards the ocean. Was she scared of possibly slamming into the ocean at high speeds?

"Soo-chan!!" The fairy was zooming towards her faster and faster, trying to reach her in time.

She wasn't. Sookie felt her body begin to float, the pixie dust stopping her descent.

"Are you crazy, Sookie-chan?! You could've gotten hurt!" Momo scolded her, body now pale white with fear. What if she hadn't made it in time? 

Then she felt Sookie lightly poke her forehead.

"I win, Mo-chan." She grinned that childish grin of hers, and Tinkerbell couldn't find it in her to stay mad at her Pan.

"Don't do that again." She sighed, body now a faint gleam. "What do you wish of me, Soo-chan?"

"I want Mo-chan to smile for real."

"Soo-chan..."

"I don't like seeing my Tinkerbell so blue. Mo-chan's prettiest when she's bright and smiling."

She couldn't help her eyes from watering out of both happiness and sadness.

"Then Soo-chan can give me my wish." Sookie nodded fervently, standing back up in the air. "A thimble."

"Okay." Sookie kissed her pinky and lightly placed it against the fairy's lips, Momo kissing her pinky and holding it in her small hands after. "Can't forget the thimble, right?"

"I'll remind you." I love you.

She knew her Peter Pan would be flying away with her heart when she left.

 

Like the streets of Myungdong, our BGM is the sound of breathing

Your voice when you say my name

I wanna be locked in you and swim in you, I want to know you more

An explorer venturing through your deep forest of mystery

I appreciate the masterpiece that is you because your existence alone is art

I imagine this all night every day, because it's a meaningless dream anyway

Just one day, if I can be with you

Just one day, if I can hold your hands

Just one day, if I can be with you, Just one day (just one day)

If only we can be together

 

Sana had taken to reading about Superman and Lois Lane in the comic books before her sidekick visited her. 

She had wanted to reenact every rescue and romantic encounter with her Lois Lane. Sookie, of course, agreed.

"Ooh, we're reenacting the comics? I'm down."

Okay, not every encounter, as the superhero and his lady have danced beneath the sheets lots of times (even if she did have the occasional erted daydream and dream of Sookie and her in that situation).

But they have yet to reenact one thing.

"Hey Sa-chan! Your sidekick's ready and kicking" Sookie burst into the house, decked out in her crime-fighting outfit, the orange being replaced with green. And she had added a very Robin Hood-esque hat to it.

"Sookie." Aforementioned girl looked at the superhero questioningly. Sana then kneeled in front of her, holding out a ring adorned with an orange S. "Let's get married."

"Sa-chan..?"

"Superman and Lois Lane got married and had a son, and we haven't done that yet."

"Oh... we haven't, huh?"

"So... what do you say, Lois? Marry me for today?"

"Ah, what the heck. I'd love to marry you for today, Superman."

The superhero squealed in happiness, taking the sidekick off her feet and spinning them around. Sookie only laughed at the squirrel's infectious joy. After they changed into dresses, a red and blue dress for Sana and an orange and green dress for Sookie, they were in front of an officiater getting ready to exchange vows.

"I don't have any vows ready, Sa-chan. I didn't get you a ring." Sookie pouted, she wanted to do this marriage plotline right.

"I'll go first, Soo-chan. You'll have some time to think of one." The gaze in her eyes was soft, almost reverent. "As for the ring, look in your dress pocket."

"Ah, thanks Sa-chan." Sookie squeezed her hands in thanks, Sana returning the gesture.

"Sookie... you make this superhero feel like she's flying even when she's not. You make her feel like nothing's impossible. Life was good before, but it became extraordinary with you. It's like it's in our DNA to be together, I really believe that. I love you, I do."

Woah, that sounded really convincing. Sa-chan must have been practicing. Her's was next, she didn't want to disappoint.

"Sana... I'm forever thankful that you asked me to be your sidekick. We could be kicking or even just taking a nap, and I'd be so happy, full... if that makes sense. I'm most comfortable, safe, when I'm by your side. And I love you too."

She knew that Sookie didn't understand that she meant her vows, didn't quite mean the I love you in the way that she did, but it still made her heart expand with joy, yet shrink with trepidation. Because her sidekick would soon be walking away from her life forever, and she'd never have the chance to make the mock wedding a real one.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Holding Sookie's face in her hands, she leant forward and had her first actual kiss with the extraordinary girl she was in love with.

Don't leave me. I love you.

"Yeobo~ let's go to the amusement park to celebrate." Sookie got into the role of cute wife easily enough, swinging their intertwined hands between them.

"Should we adopt a son first, anata?" Sana held her hand tightly, staring at their matching S rings, afraid to let go.

"No need to rush, we'll do that tomorrow."

"Tomorrow."

She knew that tomorrow wouldn't exist once her Lois Lane walked out of her world.

 

(Do it, do it, do it) I hope I can be with you for just one day

(Do it, do it, do it) having a party party with only you

(Do it, do it, do it) I hope I can be with you for just one day

(Do it, do it, do it) having a party party with only you

If only I could do that, how nice would it be

If only we could go anywhere to eat and watch a movie comfortably

I would do anything, girl

I'm sorry, maybe I'm too rational but still, if you see me someday, smile

Maybe you resent me a little or no, a lot

I know, I couldn't look at you more because of my d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter