Hunt for the Blue Fox

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

My love is so amazing

In a short moment, love is real

What should I do? I have fallen for you

 

Earning the Mad Hatter's favor with her equivalent exchange, Alice broke the curse of Wonderland.

 

They opened their eyes and found themselves still standing outside of the house in their pajamas. The difference being that it was now morning, the sun beginning to rise.

"Did it not work?"

"Why aren't we in the house?"

"That JYP must have messed up again!"

"Where is that god? Let me at 'im!"

"Ouch, you girls think so little of me. And I'm right here." The god in question walked up the pathway, dressed in something simple, sunglasses on his face. "Chop, chop. The vans are waiting." The girls looked down the pathway to see two black vans parked at the curb.

"Explain. Now. Why are we still normal? Is this the right time?" Jihyo demanded in leader mode.

"You girls may have chosen to let the curse happen again, but that didn't mean I wasn't able to fix it in this time. Little Sookie gave me her memories, remember?"

That got all nine girls to glare at him in warning.

"It's hard to forget."

"Anyway, I promised myself to help you girls adjust to living in the real world again. After all, you don't know anyone from this time, barring little Sookie, and you're orphaned. I own a boarding house where you guys can live. The residents are nice. All expenses are paid for by me."

"Why do all this? Why go out of your way for us?" Jungyeon asked, understandably suspicious and skeptical.

"Because it's what little Sookie wanted." JYP noticed a soft look appear in everybody's face. "And being the awesome therapist/god of mischief I am, I'm following through with her wishes. I'm quite fond of that little human."

"We all are." Nayeon wondered where her little fluffball was, what she was doing, and if she was feeling happier. "Sookie is in this time, right?"

That got everyone else to look at him expectantly.

"Of course she is." He wouldn't say where, he'd let the girls find out for themselves.

After they were sure the god wasn't tricking them, they followed him toward the vans.

"Why do you own a boarding house?"

"YG hyung made me own one after one too many mistakes. The other residents are victim to my accidental curses. Seven of the guys that live there were trapped in a Groundhog's Day curse, where they had to keep rescuing one of their friends from drowning."

"Maybe we shouldn't live there."

"The boarding house has everything you need, I'm an awesome landlord!" JYP sulked when the girls predictably gave him blank looks. "Little Sookie won't remember you, she's not gonna recognize you." He reminded them in a clinical tone.

"Doesn't matter."

"We'll just make new memories with Sookie."

The others agreed with Chaeyoung and Dahyun's declarations.

"Sookie unnie, you mean. She's the same age as Jihyo-ssi and Mina-ssi. Just turned 21 recently."

He could give them that much, at least. He wasn't going to tell them that she dyed her hair a new color, or that she lived a short distance from the JYP boarding house, or what her actual name was. He couldn't wait to see the girls scramble to find her, he had to have his fun some way. 

The girls got situated in the JYP boarding house quickly enough. They learned that there were thirteen other boys that lived there, who called themselves Day6 and GOT7, oddly enough. There were three other girls there, a Park Jimin, Baek Yerin, and Baek A Yeon. And the former tenants who moved out visited every now and then. Everyone was very welcoming and it was nice.

They spent most of their free time trying to track down Sookie. How hard would it be to find a girl with orange hair?

Weeks passed, and as it turned out, it was very difficult.

"Ugh, why is she so hard to find?"

"She's no wallflower. She should be easy to find!"

"A small, loud person with orange hair doesn't exactly blend in."

"What are we missing?"

"Looks like we need a chat with our landlord."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter