Sadness isn't here to stay

Pabo in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

You're warm like the sunshine, do you know my heart?

Again today, you're affectionately smiling

I hesitated for so many days

Countless days have passed

 

Alice was the type to grin and bear it, even when she didn't feel like smiling.

 

"I'm home!" Sookie called out into the house as she slid off her shoes.

Her business course was long and tedious, but she made it through the day and was just ready to relax with her parents and sister.

"Appa? Eomma? Unnie?" She didn't see any sign of them, and their home wasn't exactly big. "Where is everybody?"

She caught sight of a note placed on the coffee table in the living room.

Hyunsook-ah, 

I'm sorry that I missed you. Appa and Eomma mentioned that you had your business course today. I didn't know that you were interested in the subject. I'm sure you worked hard today and did good. Me, Appa, Eomma, and Jiye are out for some noraebang now. We left you some leftover chicken in the fridge. Hopefully next time we can all play and have fun together with you and noona, as well. We'll be back later tonight. Don't stay up too late, arasseo?

From your Hyoseob oppa

Sookie set the note down on the table, the smile on her face dropping. And maybe her heart, too. It seemed she would always miss her older brother and sister whenever they dropped by to visit.

She couldn't remember the last time she got to have some one-on-one time with her two older siblings. Her two older siblings who were making their mark in the music industry with their self-produced music. The two older siblings she always tried to emulate when they were younger.

Even now...

She punched the speed dial for her mom.

"Hello? Eomma, I'm going to be visiting a friend and won't be back 'til later. I'll be back before midnight, yes, I'll be careful. Bye, love you."

She grabbed her backpack from her room before leaving the house.

 

My heart that couldn't touch you words that welled up in my heart

I can't hide it anymore

My feelings keep revolving around me like a habit

Without knowing, I think of it

Everything looks so different countless, endless time

But I want to know you slowly

Even the smallest stories whatever you want to say, I'll listen

Don't hold back your upset feelings come to me

 

She smiled, laughed, and was up to the usual antics she got up to with her haunted house buddies. But even they could tell her heart wasn't fully into it. She couldn't even fly with Momo's pinch of pixie dust.

"Soo-chan, are you okay?" The fairy asked for everyone, looking super concerned.

"Sookie?" Dahyun nuzzled against her cheek, trying to console her.

"Did you want to go for a swim, Sookie?" Chaeyoung gestured towards the water.

"Or we can prank our leader and vampire again?"

"I have some wicked ideas."

Jeungyeon and Nayeon added.

"We can kick some bad guy , if you want Soo-chan." Sana suggested with exaggerated kicks and punches in an attempt to make her laugh.

"Sookie..." Mina gave her a meaningful look, conveying her concern just as well.

"It's nothing, guys! I must be having an off day, ha ha!" Sookie waved off their concerns with a sheepish laugh. "Mina-chan, can we go on a pirate adventure today?"

"Of course. Everyone into the ship." Mina watched as the others shuffled off to take the positions they preferred, casting one more glance at Sookie who was jumping excitedly in place. "Sookie, wanna be my first mate again?"

"Aye aye, Senchou!" She gave a goofy salute.

Sookie followed as Mina walked towards the steering wheel.

"You know, I'm here if you want to talk, Sookie-chan." Mina told her quietly as she checked her compass.

"I know that, Mina-chan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter