t w o

The Line That Separates Us

"Look. I really don't think it's a good idea," I told Baekhyun for the nth time, my keys fitting easily into the lock after a flick of a wrist, "I barely know how to hold a conversation with my parents, how on earth will I beguile a stranger?"

Baekhyun followed me into the room, throwing his bag onto my bed. Strings of 'please' spills from his mouth and a few 'She's so hot though', 'You'd look good together!', 'I heard she's not picky with guys', 'Sehun, my friendship means nothing to you!'. 

I tuned the rest out and looked over to my roommate's side of the room. 

If you saw his bed, you would have thought a robbery might have taken place or a hasty evacuation had demanded every person in the dormitory to leave all their belongings and just run. But if you stared long enough, you may pick up on the slight peeking of a pink bra under his messy sheets. 

I don't even wanna know how and why someone forgets their used undergarment at a stranger's place;

 the stranger being me, and in my experience of being Kai's roommate, I have seen too many forgotten items from girls that coincidently visit during the night to retrieve it. 

"This could be your bed if you come on Saturday." Baekhyun winked, his hand pushing the covers back a little and revealing the bright underwear. 

Correction. Underwears.

The guest had forgotten both of her essentials in the bed of my neighbour. 

This kindled a memory of when I went to a public pool once and due to a few unfortunate events, I had to walk home without an underwear. And let me tell you, the excruciating sensation of your thighs rubbing with each step as something dangled loosely right under your nose, was both a humiliating and painful occurrence. 

"What's happening Saturday?", This time, someone else piped in, pulling open the door of the bathroom so far back that I could see the fog and steam hovering behind him, "And why are you admiring my bed?"

The last question was pointed at me, his face already occupied a slight smirk as he started to dry his hair with a towel. 

Why does he always have to come out without wearing a shirt and smelling so... crisp. Like apples. He smelt like apples. With a hint of ual thoughts and invitations, if it were a smell. Maybe that was how he attracted so many visitors. 

"Roommate, I'm asking you a question."

Man, how did he get those pecs? And how many blocks of muscles were drawn on his stomach? Six? Eight, like a block of chocolate? He was like the whole supermarket store. Smelt like apples. Had bars of chocolates pasted on. Even his hair looked like naengmyeon. Were his lips like a mix of peach and apricot? They were, weren't they. 

"Are you done checking me out? Because I do want to put a shirt on."
"I wasn't checking you out".

"You kind of were." 

Not sure if it was Baehyun or my thoughts speaking, but I decided it was time to turn around. 

"So," He said, pushing his arms through the sleeves of his shirt, "What's Saturday? And what does it have to do with the bra and pantie on my bed?"

He was always so straight to the point. No courtesy or sugar coating (unless he was rolling a fruit into a bowl of sugar). 
'Let's have ', 'I don't mind being on the bottom, let's do it', 'I want to poun-'.

Yeah. The boy was not one to mind the comfort of others. 

"Just showing Sehun what he could have." Baekhyun winked again, this time wriggling his brows as he hugged himself and made out with the air. 

Why do I still hang out with this foul child? I don't understand. 

"So," Kai's smirk widened into a grin as he leaned against the bathroom door, "You finally accept the fact that you want to me till my boxers come off?"

"Nope, don't think that was the message Baek was implying." 

"That's the message I received, so I'm going to keep it."

He shrugged lightly, the ends of his hair dripping a little as it hung over his face.

And then came the gaze, the eyes that lured so many (too many) innocent people into his dungeon of lust and seduction. He was too good, too accustomed to saying really heart stopping sentences without skipping a beat. 

I heard Baekhyun hold the letter 'k' in the word Okay as he slowly walked over to my side of the room, taking a seat in the chair I used for my desk. Even without glancing at him, I could already imagine the way Baekhyun's face would look; excited brows, a brief twitching of his nose, and his mouth shaped like a banana, if placed sideways. 

So like the fool I was, I shuffled along the room to get to the door, deciding that I could make an excuse once I'm there of 'I need something from the canteen'. But my foot tripped over my other foot, sending into a downward spiral towards the carpet floor. 

Too embarrassed to look, my hand searched for the door knob to help pull me up. Instead, I felt a firm padding under my palm. 

I knew from the erupting guffaw from my friend that since our doorknob was never this cushioned, it had to be something else. Something melon shaped and a little soft. God forbid, my favourite description for a good cantaloupe became my worst fear.

"God. You're a walking threat to society, Hunnie", Baekhyun cried out as Kai peeled my hand away from his buttocks and pulled me up. I was about to tell Baekhyun it wasn't even that funny and to STFU, when a few knocks on the door diverted our attention. As Kai twisted the real knob, he dropped his head slightly to position his mouth near my right ear.

"But you're the biggest threat to me, Honey.", He whispered as he opened the door.