t e n

The Line That Separates Us

And we are back to Sehun's point of view.

Kai didn't come back that night. 

Probably out somewhere calling someone else 'baby', since I couldn't satisfy him like always

It was a good thing I guess, because there I was, packing my things away.

I had been thinking about it for a while that maybe being in this very room was what disenabled me to move forward because I always expected something from him. When he'd arrive earlier than usual, I'd think he did it to see me. Or when he was alone in the morning in his bed, I thought that meant I would finally fill that empty space for him, permanently. When he'd text me while he's drunk, I'd shiver at the thought of him thinking about me even in his unsober state.

But after his confession to 'anything and everything' except what I wanted from him, it was time I face the reality that there was truly a line between us that we can't seem to overcome. 

Each shirt that I folded and placed in my bag reminded me of a memory with him. Like the baby pink t-shirt I wore to Jongdae's party, where I first met Kai.

"Sehun," Baekhyun clicked his fingers in front of me, "stop zoning out. Jimin already left with his stuff, so you can move in now."
"Thank you Baek, I really appre-"
"Stop," He sighed, shaking his head slightly as he picked one of stuff, "I'm sorry that this is all I could."

I called him after Kai left and told him everything. From what happened at the party to how the line came to be, I told him through tears and waited for his questions that didn't come, instead he offered me a place since his roommate moved out.

After about an hour of moving my things into his room which was only a few doors away, we rearranged my clothes, the desk and my bed. Without a line between us here, we pushed his couch to the middle and stocked up on cup noodles to have at midnight. 

"Oh wait," I said, checking the bathroom, "I forgot my toothbrush and ."

Baekhyun told me to run back and get it while he finished chopping the vegetables.

I tried to make a list of things I'd need to buy in my head, like toothpaste or portable gas. I took out my keys to open the lock but noticed it was already unlocked.

Baekhyun must have left it open.

Stepping into the room, I saw him stand right in the middle of it all, staring blankly at the empty side of something we used to share.

Once more, silence surrounded the baring room, before he turned slowly towards me, his eyes hurt and bloodshot like he hadn't slept the entire night.

"What the fck is this about, Sehun?"

I was about to speak when he started again, "Where the fck is your bed? Your clothes? Is this some bad joke because I'm not laughing."

He was heaving, his usually handsome face held a scowl and his black shirt stuck to his sweat. He ran his hands through his hair, looking confused and pressured. 

I decided that I didn't owe him any explanation because even though he looked a mess, it didn't make up for the nights I tried to hold back my tears while visitors clung onto him, his body and skin for support while I had no one. 

I walked over to the bathroom, collecting the rest of my things and he followed me, pushing my hands away but I kept moving.

"What are you doing? Why are you taking your stuff?"
"Kai, stop. I'm just here to get my things."
"But why?!"
"Because I'm moving out!"

He froze, his fingers stilled and I took that as a chance for me to get away. If I stood there another moment, breathing in the strong smell of alcohol and dust, I might regret the idea of leaving him.

My feet stepped quickly but he caught up as I held the door open: "Let's talk about this. You don't need to leave, there isn't a problem with you being here."

I pulled the handle but he pushed it in, "I said, let's talk about this!"

My hand came back to my side and he turned his body to face me while also guarding the door, like I was going to flee.

"Sehun, why are you doing this?"

"Because I need to, and maybe you needed me to do something since we were both doing nothing."

A knock on the door interrupted us, Baekhyun's voice asking if I'm still in there.

"Kai," I twisted the knob, "if you truly don’t feel your heart ache every time you hurt me, then stop me."


Double update so please make sure you have read chapter 's e v e n' :)

comment your thoughts and like always, I'll read and love them x

p.s. how frustrating is kai amirite?!?!!