Eyebags

Late Night Calls - Oneshot Collection

P.S : Short thingy, I can't sleep :(

 

 

The bedroom is dimmed. Way to dimmed for his own liking, his stomach clicked and doing strange knots at the thought of stealing one or two cigs before bed. He had not been doing this thing for quite some time, he used to read to silence his racing mind, but then he got lazy and tired. His only outlet was the smoke that seems to be able to calm his mind.

 

Also this boy.

This boy that he had been sharing life in the past 4 months still manage to be a good partner and dear friend to him. Despite tonight, that said boy was really tired with his class that just finished at 10.45 pm and so he's sleeping now. 

Seunghyun was never the selfish type, he would never ask Jiyong to do anything that he wouldn't want. He wouldn't tell Jiyong what to do. But tonight, tonight is different. He's overthink anything, he is afraid that he would get bad news soon. Seunghyun was expecting Jiyong to help him with his mind, to help him murdering the demons inside that messed with his mind but instead, Jiyong is sleeping. But Seunghyun can't do anything, wouldn't do anything either. Jiyong had been tired with school, he needs rest.

 

 

 

So rather than doing toss and turn on the bed, he decided to pop up one bottle of pinot noir, carry his pack of marlboro red, a lighter, and walked to the balcony. 

Seunghyun sat on the garden chair, put his phone, cig, lighter on the table and smokes. He just sits there while staring at the sky, while smoking. Inhale, exhale, please clear my thoughts. Inhale, exhale.

When he was a kid, he'd never thought that he's gonna be like this, a smoker, a pinot noir lover. A 5 years old Seunghyun back then, would never guess that he'd went through a lot to the point that sometimes and most of times he needs external help to silences his thoughts, just when his mind starts to planning and worrying about his office work tomorrow, Jiyong came to the rescue. It was a windy night, he feels Jiyong's arms engulfing him from behind and then a kiss on his neck. He likes this the most, being hugged from behind with Jiyong clinging his arms around his head and neck. It feels warm.

 

"Can't sleep?"

"Hmm, yeah."

"You didn't bring wine glass, hyung?"

"Nah."

Seunghyun doesn't feel like talking, he just continue caressing Jiyong's arms instead. They stay like that, watching the sky with no stars. 

"Jiyong?"

"Hmm?"

"What should I do, if they don't like my presentation tomorrow?"

"Hyung, do you know why there's no sky in the sky right now? It's cos the universe has bottled all the stars and conjured it into you. You are the star, you are special and talented, don't you ever forget that. There'll always be trial and error, let's not think about it now?"

"Yeah."

"I know it's hard but please don't overthink yourself, hyung."

 

Seunghyun can't answer that, couldn't, wouldn't answer that, he doesn't know what to answer so he dragged one last time from his cig and throw it off. 

"You wanna get inside?"

"But we haven't even dunk one sip?"

"I don't feel like drinking anymore."

"Okay. I'll carry it, let's go back."

"Also I'm sorry, I woke you up."

"Hyung, don't you worry about that. I only want you to be okay."

"I am. Let us get back to sleep, Jiyong."

"Only if you let me hug you from behind when we sleep."

"Okay. You win, Kwon Jiyong."