Easy Morning - Lovely Day

Late Night Calls - Oneshot Collection

Short Domestic Life AU, 380ish words.

 

 

 

 

It's 5.45am on tuesday morning.

Seunghyun woke up way too early today, he reheat yesterday's leftover foods, cooked rice and waited.

Jiyong is still fast asleep. He was thinking whether to wake Jiyong for breakfast now but he decided Jiyong deserves to rest well on his day off so he spooned some rice to his bowl and eat with the leftover seafood soup.

Seunghyun ate alone. It felt weird cos the last 2 years, he had always been eating with Jiyong, breakfast and dinner at least, since they'd both be at work during lunch. He always declined company' gathering or sometimes go but still try hard to not be drunk and to not eat too much, cos he know Jiyong would wait for him, for them to have dinner together, and to talk about how their days were.

But this morning, Seunghyun just got really hungry so he thought just this once, he'll eat alone. He finished it all in one go, breakfast feels weird because there wasn't Jiyong near him, and he didn't get to eat kimchi cos he was really lazy to cut it. Jiyong used to do that. When Seunghyun's task is to cook or reheat foods for breakfast, Jiyong would preparing side dishes for them like kimchi, korean pancake, and fresh juice. He goes back to bed and snuggled to Jiyong afterwards.

 

 

 

Jiyong mumbled something and then he woke up and smile at him. 

'Hi, gorgeous. Where's my morning kiss?'

Jiyong kissed him but then his face turns into something unreadable.

'Jiyong, why? Are you okay? What's wrong?'

'You cheat.'

'What?'

'You smelled of seafood and then you made me kiss you.'

'Is it that bad? I thought you love me enough to kiss me after meals?'

'I love you, Seunghyun. But now I'm hungry, blame someone's seafood smell.'

'C'mon, wake up, I'll prepare your bowl.'

'But I still want to lay down and cuddle.'

'Okay. I'll give you one more time. 15 minutes?'

'Okay.'

 

Jiyong then buried his face on Seunghyun's chest and stays there. Seunghyun caressed his back and humming to Bill Withers's Lovely Day. It's gonna be a lovely day indeed, as long as they're together.  Jiyong then wrapped his legs around Seunghyun's legs and they stay there, guess breakfast can wait.