CHAPTER 9

You Belong With Me

Laughing on a park bench, thinking to myself
Hey isn't this easy

 

 

Han Byul started her shift at the fast-food restaurant. She took orders from the costumers and prepares them. Not long after that, Rowoon came beside her.

 

" Lee Han Byul ~ "

 

" What do you want, giant? " Rowoon pouted.

 

" What do you want for your birthday? " Han Byul looked at Rowoon, confused. My birthday? Rowoon rolled his eyes.

 

" Don't say that you forget your birthday this Friday " this Friday? Ah, my birthday is on the 14th of February. Why I didn't remember that?

" There's a lot of things that I've been thinking these days. It's okay, it's doesn't important "

 

" What do you talking about? Of course, your birthday is important! You are like anyone else, being happy on their birthday. Now, tell this Oppa what do you want for your birthday? " Rowoon asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

" I'm older than you. You're not an Oppa. I don't want anything for my birthday, Rowoon-ah. It's alright " Rowoon sighed. Han Byul just smiled at him.

 

" Han Byul-ah. Just now a customer left this on that table. It has your name on it. I think it's yours " Youngbin gave Han Byul a paper bag with her name on it.

 

Lee Han Byul

            ~L.H.B

 

" Oh~ Han Byul has a secret admire. L.H.B huh? Do you know this person? " Rowoon asked. Han Byul shakes her head. Who is this L.H.B? Han Byul looked into it and shocked. There are some packed meals, bread, snacks, and coffee. Oh my god.

 

" That's a lot of foods. You're so lucky, Han Byul-ah " Rowoon said and continue his work, not forgetting to stole one of Han Byul's bread.

 


It's Thursday. Han Byul was studying in her class as usual before waiting for the bell to ring. Slowly, the hallway and the class full of students. Not long after that, Wonwoo sat on his seat.

 

" Morning, Wonu " Han Byul greeted him, silently admired his great looks.

 

" Morning, kiddo " Wonwoo greeted her back, not forgetting to ruffled her hair.

 

" Byul-ah, you have an off day today, right? " Han Byul looked at Wonwoo and nodded.

 

" Why? Do you want me to go to the studio later? " Wonwoo shakes his head.

 

" I need you to follow me after school " Han Byul looked at him, weird.

 

" Where? Don't kidnap me. I don't have any money " Han Byul said while putting her hands up. Wonwoo laughed. His laugh sounds wonderful.

 

" No. I don't want to kidnap you. Just follow me after school, okay? " Han Byul put her hands down and nodded. Then the teacher for the first subject entered the class. Wait, Lee Hong Bin is not here yet. Han Byul looked at the empty seat in front of her. Weird, he always comes early. Is he absent today? The teacher starts teaching when the door opened. Hongbin entered the class with his cold expression.

 

" Lee Hong Bin. Why are you late today? " the teacher asked. All the class attention was on Hongbin. Hongbin bowed 90 degrees to the teacher.

 

" I'm sorry, teacher. I have some problems this morning. I will make sure that I will not late after this " Hongbin said. Han Byul just stared at him. The teacher sighed.

 

" Alright, I forgive you because you are new here and this is your first time. But make sure you don't repeat this, okay? " Hongbin nodded. The teacher allowed him to sit. He went to his seat without looking at anyone. I wonder if he's okay. He looks different. The lesson then continued.

 

 

It's break time. All the students in the class rushed to the canteen, except for Han Byul and unexpectedly Hongbin also didn't go to the canteen. Since the class finished, Hongbin put his head on the table, blocking everyone. Even when VIXX entered the class to bring him to the canteen, he didn't move from that position. He also didn't annoy Han Byul or asked her to run an errand. What's wrong with this boy? Han Byul tried to get his attention by pulling his chair. When Hongbin senses a movement on his chair, he looked up and turn to Han Byul, glaring at her.

 

" What do you want? "

 

" What's wrong with you? Are you having your period? " Han Byul tried to joke, but only received a cold stare from Hongbin.

 

" Mind your own business," Hongbin said coldly and turned. Han Byul sighed. She took one of the bread she received yesterday under her table. She got up and walked to Hongbin's table. She put the bread on his table.

 

" Don't forget to eat this " Han Byul said and walked out of the class. Hongbin looked up and saw a chocolate bread on his table. He smiled.

 


" Ya, Byul-ah " Wonwoo called from far. Han Byul was walking home when Wonwoo called her. She turned towards the boy and smiled. Wonwoo walked toward her and put his arm on Han Byul's shoulder.

 

" Follow me," Wonwoo said and pulled Han Byul toward his car. His driver has been waiting for them.

 

" Hello, Mr. Byun " Han Byul greet the older man with a bow. The man smiled at her.

 

" Hi, Han Byul. It's been a long time since I saw you. You look thinner " Mr. Byun said worriedly. Han Byul shakes her head.

 

" I'm fine, Mr. Byun " Han Byul smiled assuringly. Mr. Byun opened the door for Wonwoo and Han Byul. Han Byul entered the car first then Wonwoo. They sat next to each other. The car drove through the road. Han Byul looked outside the window.

 

" Where are we going, Wonu? " Han Byul asked the boy. Wonwoo just smiled. Han Byul rolled her eyes. This boy.

 

" Mr. Byun, where are we going? " Han Byul asked Mr. Byun. I know that he will answer me.

 

" Don't tell her, Ajushi " Wonwoo warned the man. Mr. Byun looked at Han Byul through his rearview mirror and mouthed a sorry. Han Byul pouted. After a few minutes, the car stops. Han Byul looked at her side and a big mall came through her view. A mall?

 

" We are here, Young Master " Wonwoo nodded. I will never use hearing Wonwoo called Young Master. This is so awkward. Mr. Byun opened the door for both of them.

 

" Thank you, Mr. Byun " Han Byul thanks the old man and bow to him. Mr. Byun smiled.

 

" I will wait for you at the parking lot, Young Master " Wonwoo nodded again. The car then drove away.

 

" So, here we are, " Wonwoo said. Wonwoo pulled Han Byul's hand and walking into the mall.

 

" Why are we here? " Han Byul asked.

 

" Tell me anything that attracts you. I will buy it " Han Byul's eyes widen. What's wrong with him?

 

" Are you joking? "

 

" Do I look like I'm joking? " Wonwoo looked at her seriously.

 

" Tell me anything, anything. Okay? " Han Byul smiled widely at him. Is he going to buy me a gift for my birthday? Han Byul smiled at the thought. They walked side by side at the mall. They went to one shop then another shop. Han Byul's eyes landed on a star necklace displayed in front of a jewelry store.

 

 

Wonwoo stopped on his track when he noticed Han Byul stopped and looking at something. He went to Han Byul and saw the necklace.

 

" It's beautiful, isn't it? " Wonwoo asked Han Byul. Han Byul shifted her gaze to Wonwoo and nodded.

 

" Wanna take a look? " Han Byul looked at the price tag placed beside the necklace and gasped. Wow, it's really expensive.

 

" Never mind, let's go to another shop " Han Byul tried to walk away but pulled by Wonwoo into the jewelry store.

 

" Welcome. May I help you? " a staff the store greets both of them.

 

" Can I see the star necklace displayed outside? " Wonwoo asked. The staff nodded and asked them to sit. Han Byul looked around the store. This place screams luxury. Not long after that, the staff came back while holding a similar necklace.

 

" You pick the right item, sir. This necklace is a limited edition. It will be a great gift for someone you love " the staff said. Wonwoo took the necklace and turned to Han Byul. Han Byul looked at him, confused.

 

" Turn around "

 

" For what? "

 

" Just turn " Han Byul rolled her eyes and turned around. Wonwoo put her tied hair to one side, giving Han Byul electricity when his fingers lightly touched her skin. Wonwoo slowly put the necklace on Han Byul's neck. Wait, what is he doing?

 

" Look at me," Wonwoo said. Han Byul turned to Wonwoo. Wonwoo eyed her intensely. Han Byul started feeling her cheeks became hot. Don't stare at me like that, Jeon Wonwoo.

 

" Look at the mirror " Han Byul looked at the small mirror beside her and gasped. The star necklace placed perfectly on her neck. This is so beautiful. Han Byul touched the star pendant.

 

" Looks good. We will take this. Please wrap it prettily " Wonwoo said to the staff. The staff smiled widely and nodded. Han Byul took off the necklace and gave it to the staff.

 

" Thank you for buying... "

 

" Do you think Naeun will be happy when she receives that? " Han Byul stopped talking when Wonwoo asked that. Naeun?

 

" ..... what? "

 

" Is she going to accept my confession if I give her that necklace? " Wonwoo asked again. Han Byul can't believe her ears.

 

" Are you going to give her that necklace? "

 

" Of course. That's why I'm buying that " Han Byul felt her heart fall to the ground.

 

" Then why you ask me to wear that? Why did you bring me? " Han Byul can feel tears started to forms in the corner of her eyes.

 

" I brought you because I need your opinion. You are a girl, maybe you can help me find things that a girl will love. So I will not make a mistake to buy gifts for Naeun " Wonwoo answered. Han Byul looked at other places to hide her tears. I can't believe this. I really can't believe this happen.

 

" Here you go, sir. Your girlfriend will really love this. She's a lucky person " the staff said when she came back. Yes, she really lucky. Wonwoo smiled a little and gave her his credit card. I can't take this anymore.

 

" So, it's done, right? I will leave first " Han Byul said while got up and ready to exit the store. Wonwoo pulled Han Byul's hand.

 

" Let me send you back " Han Byul shook her head.

 

" I forgot that I have some work to do at the flower shop. I will go alone " Han Byul lied. She just wants to run from Wonwoo. Please, let me go. Wonwoo slowly releases Han Byul's hand. Han Byul immediately exits the mall with tears.


It's D - Day. It's Valentine Day aka Han Byul's birthday aka Wonwoo's confession day. Han Byul went to school with a heavy heart. Yesterday event with Wonwoo still sticking in her mind. When she arrived, there's already a lot of students. She entered her classroom and saw many gifts on Soonyoung, Jun, Jihoon, and Wonwoo. She sighed. She sat on her seat while pushing some gifts to Wonwoo's table. Not long after that, Wonwoo came into the class.


" Han Byul - ah. I need your help " Wonwoo said. Han Byul just stared at that boy.


" What do you want? " Wonwoo came closer to Han Byul and started whispering. Han Byul sighed.


" Do it by yourself " Wonwoo tugged at Han Byul's arm.


" Pretty please~ " Han Byul sighed.


" Fine " Han Byul got up from her seat and headed to her locker. She saw Naeun and her friends at their lockers. Slowly, she walked closer to them. She faked a little cough to grab the girl's attention. When Naeun heard the cough, she turned to Han Byul.


" Oh, Lee Han Byul! May I help you? "


" The teacher wants us to be at the school stadium now, " Han Byul said. Naeun nodded. Han Byul leads Naeun and her friends to the stadium. When they arrived, Han Byul told Naeun to opened the door. When she opened it, there's a lot of students in the stadium. All of them were cheering loudly. Naeun walked through them followed by Han Byul behind her until she reached the center of the stadium. Wonwoo was waiting at the center of the stadium while holding a bouquet of roses.


" Hi Naeun," Wonwoo said when Naeun stands in front of him.


" Hi, Wonwoo " replied Naeun while tucking her hair behind her ears. Wonwoo handed her the bouquet. Naeun accepted it with a wide smile.

 

" I have something to tell you," Wonwoo said while rubbing his nape, shy.

 

" Go on "

 

" I... I like you. I like you since the first time I saw you. Would you be my girlfriend? " Wonwoo asked while kneeling while handing out a box wrapped prettily. It's that necklace. All the students start cheering ' accept him '. Han Byul just watched the scene. 

 

" Of course! I would love to be your girlfriend, Wonwoo " Naeun answered while taking the box. Wonwoo smiled widely and hugged Naeun. All the students were cheering loudly, including SEVENTEEN. Han Byul stared at Wonwoo's smiled. I'm really happy if you're happy, Jeon Wonwoo. Even it's not with me. Tears started falling on her cheeks. She slowly walked backward and turned to exit the stadium. When she turned, she bumped into someone. She looked up and saw Hongbin. She wiped her tears and exit the stadium.


Hi everyone! How are you guys doing? I hope you are doing well in midst of this pandemic. Now, Wonwoo X Naeun is here~ Tell me your opinion about this story, okay? Welcome to the new subscribers! Bye everyone!