CHAPTER 11

You Belong With Me

You say you're fine, I know you better than that
Hey, what you doin' with a girl like that?

 

Wonu

Hey, where r u?

Kiddo

In the class, why?

Wonu

Can you help me?

Kiddo

What?

Wonu

Can you take a blue box from my locker?

Kiddo

Alright

 

After reading Wonwoo's text, Han Byul went to his locker. She opened it and saw a blue box with a star-patterned ribbon tied on it inside the locker. She took it and saw a note attached.

For my kiddo, Byul

 

Han Byul's eyes widen. What is this? Suddenly, Wonwoo popped out from behind her.

" Open it, " Wonwoo said, making Han Byul confused. Han Byul slowly untied the ribbon and opened the box. She gasped. There are two tickets to her favorite band's show, PENTAGON. Han Byul loves the band so much and she always wants to go to one of their shows but the ticket was expensive. So she just listened to the band's songs on her phone.

" Happy birthday, my kiddo. Thank you for being with me for all these times. You're my best friend ever! " Wonwoo said while hugging Han Byul. Han Byul let out a tear.

" I know you always wanted to go to their shows, so somehow I managed to get those tickets. I hope you like it " Han Byul nodded repeatedly.

" Let's go there together. Let's meet in front of the hall " Wonwoo said while patting Han Byul's head. Han Byul nodded. This is the best gift ever! A date with Jeon Wonwoo!


Han Byul pacing back and forth in her room, picking out her outfit for her so-called 'date' with Jeon Wonwoo. She took a day off from work just for this day. She always wore jeans and oversized sweaters so she doesn't have many girly outfits. She searched in her wardrobe and found this outfit.

The skirt was a gift from Hongseok as she got first place in the exam but she's doesn't want to wear it. Now, she thanks Hongseok repeatedly because at least she has a decent outfit. Thanks, Yang Hongseok. She let go of her chest-length hair and applied some tint on her lips. She also wore her big glasses. She looked at herself in the mirror. Looks good. She wears her sneakers and went outside her house. She walked to the bus stop while listening to PENTAGON's Shine with a smile on her face.

I… how can I say this? Mm...
For a very long time, I’ve
Li..li..liked you
If I tell you this now, what will change?

With your heart, nothing will change
Like a tree with roots that are too deep under
Like a flower that God has carefully made
Don’t disappear, don’t change

Even though I like you, nobody knows
Even when I see other girls, nobody’s like you
I’m sorry for having no courage
You can laugh at me all you want

I can't wait to see them perform! Han Byul happily hopped on the bus. She kept smiling while riding the bus to the venue. After she arrived, she waited for Wonwoo in front of the hall. 20 more minutes before the show started. She waited and waited but there's no sign of Wonwoo. Han Byul became restless. Is he okay? What if something bad happens to him? She kept looking at her phone, waiting for any text or phone calls from him.

" Miss, the show is about to begin. Do you want to come inside? " the security guard asked Han Byul. Han Byul shook her head.

" I'm waiting for my friend " Han Byul answered. The security guard gave a little nod. Han Byul kept waiting for Wonwoo. Where are you, Jeon Wonwoo? Not long after that, Han Byul's phone rang. It's Wonwoo.

" Hey, Wonu. Where are you? Are you okay? " Han Byul bombarded him with questions.

" Hey, kiddo. I'm so sorry. I'm cannot make it. Naeun has a stomach ache so I have to take care of her. I'm so sorry " Wonwoo said, feeling guilty. Han Byul went silent. So that was the reason he doesn't come.

" Byul ah. Lee Han Byul " Wonwoo called when he doesn't receive any response from the girl.

" It's alright. Tell Naeun a get well soon "

" I'm sorry, Byul -ah. I will make it for you "

" It's fine. Go take care of Naeun "

" Bye, Byul "

" Bye " Han Byul ended the call and stared at the phone. A tear dropped on the phone's screen.


Han Byul was walking home from the show's venue. She was walking slowly while enjoying the stars. Disappointed? Maybe that was the right word to explained Han Byul's feelings. I can't believe he chooses Naeun over me. Of course, he will, dude. She's his girlfriend, while I'm just his best friend. She kept walking until she didn't notice that a few men were following her. Suddenly a hand covered and pulled her into an alley. Han Byul's eyes widen. She kept hitting the hand on . What's happening to me? After they arrived at the end of the alley, they release Han Byul. Han Byul looked at the people who pulled her. She gasped. It's them. Han Byul tried to escape but got blocked by one of them.

" Well, well, well. Look who's here. You're sure brave enough to walk alone in the middle of the night while wearing this outfit " one of them said while eyeing Han Byul up and down.

" I already gave you guys the money. What else do you guys want?! " Han Byul said, clearly mad at them. They smirked and went closer to Han Byul. One of them pulled Han Byul's hair, making the girl hissed in pain.

" Do you think that your father owed us only a few won? He owed us so much than you can ever imagine " he said. Han Byul almost crying but she held it. I don't want to look weak in front of them.

" That's his problem! Don't disturb me! " Han Byul shouted at them. The man's grip on Han Byul's hair tightened.

" Don't you dare talk to me like that! " he lifted his hand to hit Han Byul. Han Byul closed her eyes, waiting for the pain but nothing happens. She opened her eyes slowly and gasped. In front of her, Lee Hong Bin was holding the man's hand with a glare. Lee Hong Bin.

" Who the hell are you?! " the man shouted. Hongbin smirked.

" Me? I'm her boyfriend. Do you have any problem with that? " Hongbin answered, making Han Byul surprised. Boy-boyfriend?!

" Ha. This already has a boyfriend? "

" Don't call her that, you bastard " Hongbin said in low voice. He released the man's hand and went to Han Byul's side.

" Stay behind me. If anything happens, call the police " Hongbin whispered to Han Byul. Han Byul nodded. Hongbin stood in front of Han Byul while holding her hands, protectively.

" Stay out of our business. You don't know what we can do to you, little boy " one of them said. Hongbin smirked.

" Try me. You guys don't have the guts to hit someone's stronger than you guys. You guys are so pathetic " hearing Hongbin, one of the men charged towards Hongbin and punched him in the face.

" Hongbin-ah! " Han Byul screamed his name when she saw a drop of blood on his face.

" Do your job now " Hongbin whispered to Han Byul. Han Byul nodded and took out her phone.

" Only that? You're so weak " Hongbin mocking the man, making him angrier. He wanted to launch another hit when they heard a loud siren.

" You guys are dead now, " Hongbin said with a smirk. All of the men were surprised by the sound and panicked. They ran away in all directions. After none of them left, Han Byul went to Hongbin.

" Are you okay? Are you hurting somewhere? " Han Byul bombarded him with questions. Hongbin gave a little smile.

" I'm fine " Han Byul looked at him and punched him in the arm. Hongbin glared at her.

" What was that for?!"

" Don't ever do that again. I'm warning you " Han Byul said while pointing at him. Hongbin smiled and nodded.

" Can you two come with us to the police station to make a report? " a police officer came to them and asked. Han Byul and Hongbin nodded.


Han Byul and Hongbin exit the police station. Han Byul looked at Hongbin.

" Thank you so much, Hongbin-ah. I appreciate it " Han Byul said while gave a sincere smile.

" Why are you walking all alone in the middle of the night? It's dangerous for a girl like you! " Hongbin scolded Han Byul. Han Byul just looked at the ground. Hongbin sighed. Then he heard a grumbling sound. He looked at Han Byul, who was already red. He smiled. She's cute.

" Let's eat something before I send you home, " Hongbin said. Han Byul shook her head.

" It's okay, I can go home alone "

" I'm not okay. Let's go " Hongbin took off his leather jacket and put on Han Byul's shoulder. His action leaves Han Byul speechless. Hongbin dragged Han Byul to the parking lot. He stopped at a motorbike. Han Byul's gasped.

She stood straight like a pole, fascinated with the motorbike. Hongbin passed her a helmet but the girl shows no reaction.

" Yah, are you going to just stand like that? " Hongbin asked, making Han Byul snap to reality. She eyed the helmet.

" Is this yours? " she asked while pointing at the motorbike. Hongbin rolled his eyes.

" Duh, of course, it's mine. Do you think I stole it? " Hongbin answered. He shoved the helmet to Han Byul's face.

" I don't know how to wear it, " Han Byul said in a low tone. Hongbin sighed. He took the helmet from Han Byul's hand and put it on her head and tighten the chin stripe.

" Hop on " Han Byul carefully rode the motorbike.

" Hug me," Hongbin said, making Han Byul surprised. She throws a punch on his shoulder. Look at this boy.

" Yah! I said that because I'm afraid you will fall from the motorbike! Don't think anything else " Hongbin said. Han Byul smile, embarrassed. She didn't hug Hongbin instead, she grabs his shirt. Hongbin looks at her hand and smiled. Then they drove away. On the bike, Han Byul can see the beauty of Seoul during the night. It's beautiful. Sometimes Hongbin will peek at Han Byul through his side mirror. After a few minutes, they arrived at a fast-food restaurant. They went inside and line up to buy some food.

" What do you want to eat? " Hongbin asked Han Byul. Han Byul scanned the menu.

" Anything except prawn " Han Byul answered.

" Why? Do you hate prawns? " Han Byul shook her head.

" Nope. In fact, they are my favorite. But what can I do? I have an allergy to it " Han Byul answered. Hongbin nodded, understand.

" He knows about it too? " Han Byul looked at Hongbin, confused. He?

" That Jeon Wonwoo. Does he know? "

" Of course he knows about it, dude. We have been friends since we were kids " Han Byul answered.

" But other than the members of SEVENTEEN, no one knows about it except you " Han Byul continued, making Hongbin smile, satisfied. Then they ordered some burgers and went to a table. Han Byul and Hongbin sat in front of each other and started eating their burgers.

" So, mind telling me what are you doing in this middle of the night while wearing that? " Hongbin asked, broke off the silence between them. Han Byul stopped eating her burger and stared at it.

" Wonwoo and I promised to watch my favorite band's show, " Han Byul said, eyes not leaving on her burger.

" Then? "

" Naeun got a stomachache, so he can't come " Han Byul continued.

" And you already there? How long you wait for him? "

" I think about 30 minutes? Then he called me saying that he can't come so I went home and then that happens " Han Byul answered. Hongbin snorted.

" Such a jerk. How could he leave a girl alone in the middle of the night? "

" His girlfriend got sick, it's understandable," Han Byul said, not really mean what she said.

" I know you don't mean it. Whatever. I hate him " Hongbin said. Han Byul then shoved a lot of french fries in his mouth. Hongbin's eyes widen.

" Shut up and eat " Hongbin glared at her while munching the french fries. Han Byul smiled at him.


Wonwoo was pacing in front of Han Byul's house. He kept looking at his phone. Why she didn't answer my call and text? Is she mad at me? Not long after that, he heard the sound of a motorbike. He looks at the direction of the sound. The motorbike stopped in front of Han Byul's apartment. I never see that motorbike here before. He saw a girl got off from the motorbike. When the girl opened her helmet, he gasped. Lee Han Byul. When the boy on the motorbike also opened his helmet, he gasped again. Lee Hong Bin? What are those two doing?

" Thank you so much for tonight, Hongbin-ah. If you weren't there earlier, I don't know what will happen to me " Han Byul said while handing the helmet to Hongbin. Hongbin nodded and took the helmet.

" Don't wander around like that again. You don't know what will happen in the future. If the guys come to see you again, tell me" Hongbin warned the girl in front of him. Han Byul nodded. Then she took out a pack of medicine from her bag and passed it to Hongbin. Hongbin took it with a confused face.

" Don't forget to apply it to your wound. Take care. Ride the motorbike carefully " Han Byul said. Hongbin nodded.

" Alright. Take care too " Hongbin said while patting her head. Little did they know, Wonwoo was watching the whole scene. Hongbin wore back his helmet and went away. Han Byul started walking to her house when she noticed Wonwoo standing in front of it.

" Jeon Wonu? " Han Byul was surprised when she saw him. What is he doing here? Wonwoo walked closer to Han Byul.

" Hey kiddo "

" What are you doing here? I thought you have to take care of Naeun? " Han Byul asked.

" She's okay now. I came here to see you " Wonwoo answered while shoving his hand in his pocket. He noticed Han Byul wearing a leather jacket that not hers by the way the size was a little big for her.

" Why you with Hongbin? " Wonwoo started asking her.

" We came across each other when I was walking home. He offered to bring me home " Han Byul answered.

" Did he do anything to you? "

" Of course not. Hongbin is a nice guy. He brought me to a fast-food restaurant to eat some burgers earlier " Han Byul answered. Wonwoo nodded.

" I'm sorry about earlier. I will make it up for you " Wonwoo said while taking Han Byul's hand, making the girl's heart beating so fast. He stared at Han Byul with apologetic eyes.

" It's okay. You don't need to make it up for me " Han Byul said, barely managed to control her breath.

" You always wanted to watch their performance but I ruined it "

" Nah, never mind. There's always a thing called hope. Hopefully, in the future, I can watch them " Han Byul said while smiling brightly at Wonwoo. Wonwoo smiled back and ruffled her hair.

" Go inside. It's late already. I'll see you at school tomorrow " Wonwoo said. Han Byul nodded and pulled her hand from Wonwoo. After she bid goodbye, Wonwoo didn't leave yet. He just stared at her house. Lee Hongbin, what are you? Why your presence makes me feel like this?


Hi everyone! July is here and it's my birthday month~ Thank you for continue reading my story. Feel free to comment your opinion below, okay? Welcome to new subscribers! I love you guys so much! Bye!