CHAPTER 7

You Belong With Me

You belong with me
You belong with me

 

 

Han Byul went to a vending machine to buy a drink, to cool off her heart. Ugh, why I feel so stuffed here. She put some coins in the slot and choose an orange juice. After she picked it up, she opened the can and turned back, without knowing that someone was standing behind her. The result, the person's shirt was wet with an orange juice. There were a lot of gasps can be heard around them. Han Byul was so shocked. She looked up and saw Hongbin, with gritted teeth. Han Byul's eyes widen. Omg, what have I done?
 

" I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I don't see that you are behind me. I'm so sorry " Han Byul repeatedly apologized. Hongbin just stared at her, eyes full of anger.

 

" Don't you have eyes? What the use of those big glasses? " Hongbin said, mad at her. Han Byul just looks down, didn't dare to meet his eyes.

 

" Wowo. Easy, boy. She said she didn't mean to. It's an accident. She's already apologized, Hongbin- ah " a voice, which Han Byul assumed as Hongbin's friend spoke.

 

" Yeah. She's already apologized. Don' be like that, Hongbin-ah " another deep voice spoke. Wow, his voice makes me feel like I'm in a cave. Wait, what?

 

" Don't be scared, little girl. Let us introduce ourselves. Hi! My name is Lee Jae Hwan but you can call me Jaehwan or Ken, the cutest among all. Nice to meet you " another voice spoke while extending his hand, waiting for Han Byul to shake it. Han Byul looked up and saw a boy that looks like a foreigner, smiling at her.

Well, I admit that he looks cute. Han Byul shakes her hand with Jaehwan.

" Hi! My name is Kim Won Shik or Ravi " the deep voice said while waving at Han Byul. Han Byul waved a little.

" I'm Cha Hak Yeon or N. You can call me whatever you want. This boy over here is Jung Taek Woon or Leo. He called Leo because he looks like a lion. Don't you agree? " the first boy that talking to Han Byul introduces himself and his other friend, who just quietly watching the scene.

" Hi! I'm Han Sang Hyuk but hyungs called me Hyuk. I assumed that you are older than me, right? " a tall and cute looking guy introduces himself.

" I'm 17 years old " Han Byul answered his question.

" Oh! You are the same age as Hongbin and Wonshik. Which class are you? " Hakyeon asked Han Byul, all friendly. Hongbin just rolled his eyes at the moment.

" 2 A "

" Oh! So you and Hongbin are classmates! Why didn't Hongbin tell us? " Hakyeon glared at Hongbin.

" What for? It's not important " Hongbin answered, annoyed.

" Lee Hongbin. Don't behave like that. Please forgive Hongbin. He always like that. Me, Taekwoon and Jaehwan are 18 years old while this little kid is 16 years old " Hakyeon said while ruffling Hyuk's hair. The boy just glared at him.

" And we called VIXX. We all are new in this school because we just moved to this town " Jaehwan said. Han Byul nodded, understand.

" We don't know your name yet " Hakyeon said. Ah, right.

" My name is Lee Han Byul. You can called me Han Byul " Han Byul bowed a little.

" Han Byul, huh. It's means one star, right? Can we called you Byul? " Jaehwan asked with big eyes. Han Byul nodded. Han Byul looked at Hongbin with guilty eyes.

" I'm sorry again, Hongbin. I will do all you want to cover my mistakes " Hongbin looked at Han Byul, smirking.

" Anything that I want? " Han Byul nodded.

" Then be my slave " Han Byul's and the others' eyes widen.


Han Byul stared blankly in front of her. A slave? What is this boy thinking? Does he think that he's from some sort of fanfiction? As she was cursing Hongbin in her head, the boy entered the classroom and went to his seat. On the way, he smirked to Han Byul. Han Byul just sighed. Not long after that, Wonwoo came into the class with Jun, Soonyoung, Jihoon, Naeun and her friends. They all looked happy and smiling while laughing together. They look close now. Han Byul just quietly opened her book and start studying but she knows, none of the contents of the books entered her brain. Her mind was all over the place.

" Yah " Han Byul heard a knock on her table. She looked up from her book and saw Hongbin. He turned toward Han Byul.

" What? " Hongbin smirked at her.

" Don't make that face to me. You have to follow my orders if you want to be forgiven " Han Byul rolled her eyes.

" Yes, Mr Lee Hongbin. May I help you? " Han Byul faked a smiled. Hongbin took out money from his pocket and toss it to Han Byul.

" Buy me a bread and a chocolate milk "

" But the teacher will come in anytime soon. Can't I go after the class or after school? " Please, please, please!

" Guys, the teachers have a meeting. So it will be self study now until the end. We are allowed to go out from the class, but don't go too far and don't go back yet " the class president said, earning a loud cheer from the class. Hongbin looked at Han Byul, and wigling his eyebrows. He mouthed 'now' to Han Byul. Han Byul sighed. Here we go, the beginning of my torture. Han Byul went to the small store in the school. After buying a bread and a chocolate milk, she went back to her class. She went to Hongbin's table as soon as she entered the classroom and place the bread and the chocolate milk on his table. Hongbin looked up and smirk.

" Good job, my slave " Han Byul rolled her eyes. She went back to her seat with a sigh. After that, Wonwoo also came to his seat.

" Hey, kiddo " Wonwoo nudged Han Byul. Han Byul replied with a smile.

" Hey, Wonu "

" You know what, Byul-ah. Naeun is a great person. I think I like her more after talking with her. She's pretty, kind, intelligent, cheerful " Wonwoo start describing Naeun while looking at her dreamingly. Han Byul felt a bang in her heart. Calm down, Byul-ah.

" Oh, really? " she didn't know that her conversation with Wonwoo was heard by Hongbin.

" Lee Han Byul " Wonwoo turned Han Byul toward him and looked at her eyes deeply. Thump thump.

" What? "

" You have to help me " Han Byul confused.

" Help you with what? "

" Help me getting Naeun " Han Byul's eyes widen.


Han Byul cleaning up a table at a cafe where she's worked. Her mind wandering off to her earlier conversation with Wonwoo.

 

Flashback~

" Help me getting Naeun " Han Byul's eyes widen.

" What do you mean by that? " Han Byul still shocked.

" Help me making Naeun be my girlfriend " Han Byul felt her heart dropped to the floor.

" Wh.. what? " Wonwoo nodded eagerly at her.

" You the only one that can help me getting her "

" But why me? " why out of all people. Why me?

" Because you're a girl. You can gave me advice to attract her "

" Yah, find someone else. I don't have any idea how to help you " Han Byul avoided looking at Wonwoo's eyes. Wonwoo kept tugging at her arm.

" Please, Byul-ah. You're my best friend. Don't you want to see me happy? " Wonwoo blinked cutely at Han Byul. Han Byul sighed, defeated.

" Alright, alright. I will help you. It's because you are my best friend, and I want you to be happy " even it's not with me.

" Thank you so much, Byul-ah. You are the best! " Han Byul smiled sadly.

End of flashback~

 

" Yah, Lee Han Byul " Han Byul awake from her flashback when she received a knock on her head.

" Yah, Baek Ju Ho " Han Byul rubbed the place that the boy named Ju Ho knocked earlier. Baek Ju Ho is Han Byul's workmate where he also worked as a part - timer in that cafe. He's 17 years old, same age as Han Byul but he studied at different school.

" I called you a lot of times but you didn't hear me. So I came and saw that you were daydreaming " Ju ho said, jokingly mad at Han Byul.

" I'm sorry. What do you want? "

" Jae Yoon hyung called you. What have you done, Han Byul-ah? Maybe Jae Yoon hyung mad at you " Ju Ho jokingly scaring Han Byul. Han Byul punch his side. Jae Yoon is the owner of the cafe that she worked at. Although being a boss, Jae Yoon is an easygoing person and a jokster. He forbid his workers to called him boss and just called him hyung and oppa. He is 20 years old and he inherited the cafe from his parents. Han Byul went to Jae Yoon's office. When she arrived, she knocked on the door.

" Come in " Han Byul carefully entered the office and saw Jae Yoon at his table.

" Jae Yoon oppa, you called me? " Jae Yoon looked up from his laptop and saw Han Byul.

" Oh, Han Byul. Annyeong~ "

" Annyeong oppa " Han Byul replied to Jae Yoon's waved with a bow.

" Sit down, Han Byul " Han Byul sat on a chair in front of the table.

" Okay. I called you because I want to give you last month paycheck " Jae Yoon handing Han Byul a white envelope. Han Byul accepted it with a bright smile.

" Thank you, oppa " Han Byul looked into the envelope and shocked.

" Jae Yoon oppa. I think you are mistaken. This is like double amount from my original paycheck " Jae Yoon shaked his head.

" It's yours, Han Byul-ah. You have done a great job last month so I inserted some allowance in there. Keep up your work this month too, alright " Jae Yoon said with a smile. Han Byul got up from her chair and bowed to Jae Yoon repeatedly.

" Thank you so much, Jae Yoon oppa. I will work harder after this " Jae Yoon laughed.

" Okay. You may go now " Han Byul went out from the office while skipping happily. Ju Ho eyed her weirdly.

" What happen to you, Han Byul-ah? Are you going crazy? " Ju Ho said while looking at Han Byul judgingly.

" I think she's got hit at the wall "

" Or she take a lot of caffeine " two boys wearing a school uniform said. Han Byul eyed the two boys.

" I got my paycheck today. Don't be a busybody and do you homework, Kim Young Kyun, Kang Chan Hee " the two boys pouted. Hwiyoung and Chanhee is 16 years old. They always came to the cafe to do their homework. They also close with Ju Ho, Han Byul and Jae Yoon.

" Treat us, noona~ " they persuaded Han Byul with aegyo while shooting her mini loves.

" Do you homework first " the boys pouted, again. They continue working on their homework. Suddenly two cups of iced chocolate placed on their table. They looked up and saw Han Byul.

" Study hard " Han Byul said with a smile and walked away.

" We love you noona! "