CHAPTER 4

You Belong With Me

She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers

 

The bell rang to indicate the end of the day. Han Byul quickly tidied up her table so she can go to her part-time job. After finished, she turns to Wonwoo and smiles at him.

" Bye, Mr. Wonu. See you tomorrow. Please tell others that I can't come today. I will make it another day, alright? " Han Byul quickly get up from her chair and went out of the class, leaving Wonwoo. She didn't want to hear any question from that boy. Wearing her earphone, she walks out of the school while listening to Infinite's Back. Mr. Oh's word kept repeating in her head.

" Do you have any problem? If you have, you can always tell me. Maybe I can help " Which problem that he can help me with? The unpaid fees? My useless father? Or about my never-ending part-time jobs? Which of them? Han Byul sighed at the thought. Suddenly she felt a pair of hands on her shoulder. Surprised, she twists the hand making the owner scream in pain.

" Auch! It's hurt! " Han Byul immediately recognized the voice.

" Yah Jeon Wonwoo! What the heck are you doing? You scared me! " Wonwoo tapped Han Byul's hand repeatedly, wanting her to let him go. Han Byul let go Wonwoo's hand. Wonwoo massaged his hand while glaring at her.

" I called you earlier but you didn't hear me," Wonwoo said while pouting. Don't make my heart go crazy, boy.

" Sorry, I didn't hear you," Han Byul said while showing her earphone. Wonwoo just shakes his head. Wonwoo gave Han Byul a paper bag. Han Byul took it with a confused face.

" For you. Don't forget to eat it. I'm going " Wonwoo said while patting Han Byul's head and walking away, leaving Han Byul speechless. After she back to her senses, she took a look at her phone. OMG, I'm late!


The environment at 9 Fast Food Restaurant was not so busy. After busy serving at the rush hour, Han Byul finally can take a deep breath. I'm hungry as hell. Her eyes land on Wonwoo's paper bag.

" Don't forget to eat it " remembering Wonwoo's word, Han Byul blushing so hard.

" What are you smiling at? " a voice broke Han Byul's imagination. She turned toward the voice and saw her manager looking at her.

" Ah, nothing. Youngbin Oppa " Kim Youngbin, 20 years old, is Han Byul's manager. Han Byul is really close to him that she called him by the title 'Oppa'. Although he still young, but he is really skillful that he appointed to be the fast-food manager.

( credit to the owner )

Han Byul took a good look at the paper bag and saw a sticky note posted on the paper bag.

 

" Hey, kiddo! Don't forget to eat this. If you have anything
to tell, you know where am I, right?"

                                                                ~ Wonu

 

Aw, he's so sweet~ She put the sticky note in her bag. Inside the paper bag, there's a sandwich and rice balls. there is also a cup of coffee and banana milk. Smiling, Han Byul took a bite at the sandwich. She closed her eyes, devouring the taste. Looking at Han Byul, Youngbin smile to himself.

" Wow, looks delicious! " a boy that way taller than Han Byul and Youngbin came and took the sandwich from Han Byul.

" Yah, Kim Rowoon! " Han Byul snapped at the boy called Rowoon. Rowoon, 17 years old, the same age as Han Byul just smiled at her innocently.

( credit to the owner )

Rowoon work as part-timer along with Han Byul. Han Byul was so grateful that she has Youngbin and Rowoon to accompany her at the restaurant. At least she's not feeling lonely. But like SEVENTEEN, she didn't tell the two boys about her situation. Han Byul takes a sip of her coffee and put the paper bag in her backpack. After that, Han Byul continues her duty. When she has nothing to do, she will do her homework.

After 5 hours, Han Byul finally finished her shift at the restaurant. Packing up her belongings, she gets ready for her next part-time job.


Finally, it's Sunday and Han Byul has a day off from work. She decided to hang out with her friends because it's been a while since she really spending time with the boys. She wears an oversized hoodie and jeans along with a pair of sneakers.

After 15 minutes, she arrived at a studio.

( Credit to the owner )

The studio belonged to Wonwoo but they shared it as their hangout place. Han Byul always rejected their offer to hang out at that place because she felt like she doesn't deserve to be there, but the boys always persuaded her to come. Eventually, she became comfortable to stay in that place. She will come to the studio when she has free time or when she has problems with her father.

Opened up the door, she saw all the boys are doing their own work. Soonyoung, Jun, Dino, and Minghao was creating some choreography, Jihoon was busy making new songs while the others playing games. Han Byul smiled at the view. I hope this will stay forever.

" Hey, guys " the boys turned to Han Byul and cheered loudly.

" It's Byul! " Han Byul just laughed. Han Byul placed her backpack on the sofa and went straight to the kitchen. It's been a while since she cooks for them. She looks at the top cabinet and saw 2 big packets of instant noodles. Instant noodles sound good. She wanted to take the packets but her height didn't help her. She tiptoeing on her feet until a pair of hands of hands from behind her help her reach it. Surprised, she turned her body and came face to face with someone's chest. Her heart beating so hard.


Hi everyone! It's been a month since I updated, right? I'm so sorry T^T. Look who makes a cameo here! It's SF9, guys! I've been into them these days so why not? Don't forget to comment, okay? Right! Welcome to new subscribers! Thank you so much! I love you.