CHAPTER 8

You Belong With Me

Walkin' the streets with you and your worn-out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be

 

Han Byul on her way back to her home after finished her part-time job at the cafe. Ju Ho offered to walk her back, but she refused. She walked through a dark and lonely alley. She doesn't have any choice but to use that alley because that's the only way to get to her home. As usual, she wore her earphone but she didn't play any song so she can hear her surroundings. Suddenly, she felt like someone was following her. She didn't dare to turn back and just continue walking, faster than before. She also heard some footsteps. Her breath became quicker.

 

" Where do you think you are going? " a man said while standing in front of Han Byul, making Han Byul stopped in shock. She looks around her and saw that 4 men were blocking her way. Oh my god. The alley was dark but Han Byul can see evil smiles plastered on their faces.

 

" Wh.. what do you want? " asked Han Byul stuttered. One man got close to Han Byul and start touching her face.

 

" Oh. You know what we want. Don't act like a fool "

 

" Yeah. Just give it to us now " Han Byul knew these people. They are loan sharks. Her father borrowed their money. He runs away, again.

 

" I don't have any money right now, " Han Byul said while looking down. The man who touches her face lifted her face and slapped her, hard.

 

" Don't lie to us, little girl. You don't know what can we do to you " he said while smirking. Another man grabs her backpack and started rummaging into it.

 

" What is this then? " Han Byul looked at the man and shocked. Her eyes widen. No, not that. The man was holding a white envelope, the one that Jae Yoon gave her earlier. The man looked inside the envelope and smirked.

 

" How dare you. You have this many and you said that you don't have it? " mad the man and slapped Han Byul's face.

 

" Please don't take it. That's for my school fees " Han Byul said while begging on her knees.

 

" I don't care. Your father can't pay his debt so you will pay for him. Tell your father that he cannot run away from us. We will search for him until the end of this world. Understand?! " Han Byul cried silently. They threw her bag and walked away with her money. Why must this happen to me? 


Han Byul woke up with a heavy head. She was crying all night. She went to her bathroom and took a bath. After finished, she wore her uniform and look at herself in the mirror. She can see some bruised on her face, the effect of yesterday's event. How do I go to school if my face looks like this? She searches in her drawer and found a concealer. She applied some on the bruised spots. This will do. She grabs her backpack and went to school.

 

The bus to Seoul High School arrived. Han Byul rode it and went straight to her usual place but like before, a boy already take her seat. She looked at the boy closely and gasped. Lee Hong Bin? Hongbin slowly opened his eyes and looked at Han Byul.

 

" Lee Han Byul? What the heck are you doing here? " asked Hongbin while judging her. Han Byul rolled her eyes.

 

" I also go to school like you " Han Byul walked toward another seat at the back of the bus but Hongbin grabs her arm. Han Byul's eyes widen, shocked with the sudden action by him.

 

" Sit next to me "

 

" Why should I? " Hongbin rolled his eyes.

 

" Just follow my order. Don't forget that you're my slave " Hongbin said pulling Han Byul to the seat next to him. Han Byul doesn't have any choice but to listen to him. Hongbin closed his eyes again. I hate him. Soon, the bus was full of people. There are few girls from another school rode that bus.

 

" Oh my god. Look at him. He's so handsome! "

 

" He is. It's a pity that I can't sit beside him " Han Byul heard two of the girls said. Han Byul eyed Hongbin sidely. He's using me. Han Byul sighed and closed her eyes, trying to forget about yesterday.

 

After a few minutes, the bus arrived at the bus stop in front of the school. Han Byul getting ready to get off but the boy beside her didn't show any sign to do the same. Han Byul wave her hand in front of Hongbin's face, but also no reaction. Sigh.

 

" Yah, Lee Hong Bin. We are here " Han Byul poked Hongbin's arm. Hongbin slowly opened his eyes and looked straight at Han Byul. Han Byul faked a cough and quickly get off from the bus, followed by Hongbin. They walked towards the school with Han Byul leading the way and Hongbin behind her. They walked in silence. Han Byul arrived at school late than usual, so the hallway was already full of people. Han Byul went to her locker and saw SEVENTEEN already with Naeun. Han Byul silently took her books.

 

" Hi, Byul " a voice greet behind her. She turned and saw VIXX. She bows.

 

" Good morning, sunbaenim " Hakyeon sighed.

 

" No need for the formalities. Call us Oppa " Hakyeon said. Han Byul just nodded. They have some conversation, except for Hongbin, of course, who just stared at Han Byul until the bell rang. Han Byul went to her class, followed by Hongbin. She took her seat beside Wonwoo, who already sat on his seat.

 

" Morning, kiddo. Why you are late today? " Wonwoo asked while ruffling Han Byul's hair. Han Byul blushed. Even with the little touch, Wonwoo doesn't fail to make her heart beating so fast.

 

" Morning, Wonu. I woke up late today. That's why "

 

" So, what's your plan? " Wonwoo looked at Han Byul was placing his head on his arm. Han Byul looked at him, confused.

 

" What plan? " Wonwoo sighed.

 

" Plan to attract Naeun. I already told you yesterday " Han Byul finally remembers. Oh, that plan.

 

" I don't have one, " Han Byul said. Wonwoo gasped at her.

 

" Seriously, Byul? You promised me that you want to help me "

 

" Yes, I did. But I can't think any plan now "

 

" You're a genius! Of course, you can " Han Byul rolled her eyes. This boy.

 

" Mr. Jeon Wonu. I don't have any experience with these things. Give me some more time " Wonwoo sighed, defeated.

 

" Alright, but don't take too long. I don't want anyone to take her. She's mine " Han Byul felt upset when she heard that. She's yours, Jeon Wonwoo. No one will take her. You're so lucky, Son Na Eun.


What the heck is I'm doing right now? Han Byul was searching for some tips on How To Attract A Girl on her phone. You're crazy, Lee Han Byul. All the students in her class went out because it's break time. Han Byul didn't go to the cafeteria, instead, she stayed at her class. Surprisingly, Wonwoo and others didn't even bother about her not eating lunch. They went straight to the cafeteria with Naeun and her friends, leaving Han Byul alone in the class thinking about the plan to help Wonwoo. As she was immersed with her phone, a cup of ice placed on her table. She looked up and saw Hongbin with his hand in his pocket. Han Byul lifted her eyebrows, confused.

 

" Put the ice on the bruised spots," Hongbin said while pointing to the bruises on Han Byul's face. Han Byul was shocked. How did he know?

 

" It's obvious, you idiot. Even with those concealers, I can see it. People who don't notice it are blind " Hongbin said. Han Byul stared at the ice.

 

" Put it now or it will melt. Do you want me to put it on you? " Han Byul immediately took the ice and put it on her bruises. Hongbin sat in front of her and looked at her.

 

" I don't want to ask you how you got that and I don't care but don't get hurt. You're my slave so I need you to be healthy to fulfill my orders " Hongbin said, pretended to not care at all. Han Byul smiled a little.

 

" Thank you, Hongbin-ah. I appreciate it " Hongbin faked a cough.

 

" I have one question "

 

" What is it? "

 

" Do you like Jeon Wonwoo? " Han Byul's eyes widen. She stared at her hand.

 

" .... Is it obvious? " Hongbin rolled his eyes.

 

" That dude is an idiot, huh "

 

" Please don't tell anyone about this "

 

" I'm not that friendly to tell anyone " Han Byul smiled, grateful.

 

" Why you agreed to help him then? "

 

" Since when you are this talkative? "

 

" Don't change to another topic "

 

" I'm happy if anyone I love happy, even it's hurts " Hongbin stared at Han Byul.


" Lee Han Byul ~ " Wonwoo called Han Byul while skipping happily. Han Byul turned toward the boy.

 

" Don't call me like that " Han Byul rolled her eyes, pretended to annoyed with the boy. She on the way back after finished school when Wonwoo followed her.

 

" Give me some ideas " Han Byul just ignored the boy and continue walking.

 

" Byul-ah~ Lee Han Byul~ If you don't want to help me, I will follow you until your workplace " Han Byul stopped on her track and glared at him.

 

" Fine. Do you know what day this Friday? " Wonwoo think hard. Han Byul sighed. This idiot.

 

" It's Valentine Day, you idiot "

 

" So what? " this boy.

 

" Give her a bar of chocolate, a flower bouquet, or something. Confess your feeling to her that day " Wonwoo nodded, understand. He smiled brightly and hugged Han Byul, leaving the girl speechless, surprised with his sudden action.

 

" Thank you so much, Byul-ah. You're a great best friend. I love you " Wonwoo said making Han Byul's eyes widen. Did he say he loves me? Wonwoo broke the hug and walked away, not forgetting to thanks Han Byul repeatedly. He walked away while skipping happily. Han Byul rooted in the same place, trying to process all the events. She didn't realize that Hongbin was standing behind her.

 

" Yah " Hongbin knocked Han Byul's head making the girl back to reality. She looked at the person.

 

" What do you want, Lee Hong Bin? " Hongbin pointed to Han Byul's face.

 

" You're blushing " Han Byul felt her face and gasped. I'm blushing?

" I.. I'm not! " Han Byul pretended that she's not blushing while looking away. Hongbin put his hands in his pocket. Han Byul walked away quickly, embarrassed. Hongbin followed behind her. After a few minutes of walking, Han Byul realized that Hongbin was following her. She stopped and turned to Hongbin. Hongbin also stopped in his track.

 

" Why are you following me? " 

 

" Please don't be so full of yourself. I'm not following you " Han Byul eyed the boy in front of her weirdly and shrugged her shoulder. She continues walking to her part-time job at the fast-food restaurant. I need to work harder to cover yesterday money. I need to pay for my school fees. 


Hello everyone! I just broke my record. Three chapters in a month? It's all because all of you guys supports. Welcome to the new subscribers. Thanks for all the comments! Feel free to comment about this chapter, okay? Bye!