CHAPTER 3

You Belong With Me

But she wears short skirts,

I wears t - shirts

 

The bell was ringing indicating that the class will start. Lucky or not, I'm in the same class as Jun, Soonyoung, Jihoon and also my crush, Wonwoo. (Okay, I don't know how many times I declare that Wonwoo is my crush but nevermind). I sat next to Jeon Wonwoo. How lucky am I. My table is next to the window.

I take out books for the first subject. Suddenly I feel a tug on my sleeve. I turned to Wonwoo's direction, and there he is. Smiling like an idiot. I rolled my eyes. this kid.

" Why? Didn't bring the book, again? " he nodded like a kid. I sighed. I place my book in the center of our tables. the first subject then begins.


The bell rings twice, sign for break time. as usual, I don't go to the cafeteria to eat. Why? Because there's a lot of people and I hate it. they just want to see SEVENTEEN at the cafeteria. So I decided to continue doing my homework in the class. the second reason is, I don't have money to eat. Of course, I'm hungry as hell, but I have to bear with it. I need to save money to pay for my school fees. I will eat later at my workplace.

Plugging my earphones, I listened to EXO's Black Pearl while doing my homework. Jun, Soonyoung, Jihoon, and Wonwoo came by my table. Wonwoo pulls my earphones from my ear. Annoyed, I glared at him hard.

" What do you want, Wonu? "

" Yah, let's eat. It's break time " Wonwoo said while pulling my hand.

" I'm not hungry. You guys can go " I said while trying to break free from Wonwoo. Wonwoo just sighed

." Don't lie. I can't even count how many times your stomach let out some grossing music. I know you are hungry " Wonwoo said. Busted. This stomach also didn't help me. I give a little smile. Then, our class president comes to my table.

" Lee Han Byul. Our class teacher wants to see you " he said. Thank god. Great timing.

" Alright, I'm coming " I pull my hand from Wonwoo.

" Sorry guys. Can't join today. The teacher calling " I said. I went to the teacher's room, leaving the 4 guys there.


Wonwoo's POV

Byul left to the teacher's room. I hope she's okay. Jun, Jihoon, Soonyoung and I went to the cafeteria to meet with the others. as we arrived, we can hear screaming sound here and there. Ah, so noisy. I kept my cold face. I saw Seungcheol Hyung wave his hand to attract us. We went to the table. Jeonghan head moving as he searches for someone.

" Byul's not coming. our class teacher called her " I said, knowing who's Jeonghan searching.

" Can't the teacher let the girl eat first? " Joshua Hyung said, annoyed.


Han Byul's POV

I knocked on the teacher's room door. carefully, I opened the door and entered the room. I went to my classroom teacher. Mr. Oh.

" You called me, sir? " the teacher turned to me.

" Oh yes, Lee Han Byul. Have a sit " I sat on a chair next to him. He takes out his notebook. After flipping some pages, he searches for my name. Oh, I know where this is going.

" So, You haven't pay for school fees for about 3 months. Can I ask why, Han Byul-ah? " I just look at my shoes.

" I'm sorry, but I promise that I will pay for 1 month's school fee by the end this month," I said, playing with my fingers. Mr. Oh kept looking at me.

" Lee Han Byul. Look at me " Mr. Oh's firm voice makes me lift my head, looking at him.

" Do you have any problem? If you have, you can always tell me. Maybe I can help " Mr. Oh said. Don't cry, Byul. You're strong. Don't let others sympathize with you. smile.

" I'm okay, sir," I said with a bright smile. Please fall for it, Mr. Oh.

" Alright then. But if you have anything to share, I'm here for you. Don't let these problems ruin your good grades. Study hard and maybe you can get a scholarship " He said. Yeah, like I have a chance to get it. You know what? I always got good grades and always been 1st place in my class and always in the top 5 in the whole school but never got a scholarship. meanwhile, kids that got average grades always get them. when I investigated further, they belong to a rich family. Ugh, I'm so sick of them. I just smiled at Mr. Oh.


Hi everyone! Happy 2020! Omg the last time I updated this story was in 2018. I'm so sorry for taking such a LOOOOOOOONGGGGGG time to update. 2019 was a busy year for me. But it ended well. So in 2020 my target is to continue update this story and the other story without any bump. Thank you for all the waiting. Love you!