CHAPTER 14

You Belong With Me

If you could see that I'm the one
Who understands you

Han Byul was doing her homework at her house when suddenly her phone rang. She looks the caller ID and raised an eyebrow. Jeon Wonwoo? Why is he calling me this late? She answered the call.

" Hello? "

" Byul-ah? Are you free right now? " Wonwoo asked at the other line.

" Yeah, why? "

" Can I meet you now, Byul ah? " Wonwoo's voice was somewhat cracked at the end. Is he crying?

" Why, what happened? " Han Byul asked.

" I want to see you, Byul-ah. Please "

" Where are you right now? "

" You know the place "

" I'm coming. Wait for me " Han Byul end the call and immediately grabbed her sweater. She walked out of her house and went to a park. The park was where Han Byul and Wonwoo first met with each other. Han Byul runs quickly, afraid that something will happen to Wonwoo if she was a minute late. Please don't do anything stupid, Jeon Wonwoo. After a few minutes, she arrived at the park. She looked around the park, trying to see if Wonwoo was there. Please, please be here. Then she noticed a boy silhouette sitting on her favorite bench. When she gets closer to the bench, she saw Wonwoo with his head down. She also can hear some sobbing from him. She slowly went to him and sat beside him.

" Wonu? " Han Byul called him and put her hand on his shoulder. Wonwoo looked up beside him and started crying again. He hugged Han Byul tightly. Han Byul returned the hug and his hair. Wonwoo continues crying on her shoulder.

" Something happens at your house? " Han Byul asked while kept his hair.

" Why he hate me so much? I have done everything he told me to do. Am I not his real son? " Wonwoo said in his sobs.

" What has your father done to you now? "

" He told me to not have any love relationship and focus on my study," Wonwoo said while looking at Han Byul.

" He knows about you and Naeun? "

" Yes, that's why he told me to break up with her. I can't do that, Byul-ah. I love Naeun so much " Wonwoo said while holding Han Byul's hand. Love. It's so heartbreaking to hear this from him. Han Byul tried to hide her disappointment by giving a little squeeze on Wonwoo's hand.

" Your father is just worried about you. He told you that because he wants to focus on your studies and success in your life. He loves you, Jeon Wonu " Han Byul said.

" Maybe that's how he shows that he concern about you. He didn't hate you, Wonu-ah " Han Byul continues. Wonwoo looked down. Han Byul makes Wonwoo look at her.

" One thing that I can suggest to you to solve this problem is you have to tell your father nicely about what do you want. Be honest with him. Tell him what do you want to do and what do you hate the most. Communication is the key, Wonu-ah " Han Byul said. Wonwoo nodded his head slowly. Wonwoo hugged Han Byul again.

" Thank you for always being there for me, Byul-ah. You are my best friend ever " Wonwoo said while hugging Han Byul. Han Byul smiles sadly.

" That's why I'm here. Because you're my best friend "


Wonwoo was walking Han Byul home. They stopped by the convenience store and bought 2 chocolate ice cream for each of them. They walked side by side in silence while munching their ice cream.

" Byul-ah, can I ask you a question? " Wonwoo asked, breaking the silence. Han Byul just nodded while looking in front of her.

" Are you and Hongbin dating? " Wonwoo question makes Han Byul chokes. She coughs uncontrollably. Wonwoo helped her by patted slowly on her back. She glared at Wonwoo.

" What kind of trash are you talking about? How did the idea of me dating him come? " Han Byul asked. Wonwoo rubbed his nape.

" I'm just asking because you look so close to him. It's weird for me to see that because that dude doesn't really interact other than you at our school " Wonwoo answered. Han Byul eyed him sidely.

" I don't have any relationship with him. We are just friends " Han Byul said. Then they continue walking.

" Don't get too close to him " Han Byul halted in her tracks and turned to Wonwoo. Wonwoo also stopped. Han Byul tilted her head, confused by what he just said. What's wrong with him?

" I don't think he's a nice person," Wonwoo said.

" And what makes you think like that? "

" I don't know. My feeling just told me that you should not get close to him " Wonwoo answered.

" Don't judge a book by its cover, Jeon Wonwoo. You don't really know him. Hongbin is not that bad " Han Byul said, slightly annoyed with Wonwoo. Why is he acting like this?

" I'm not saying that he is a bad person, I'm just saying that you have to be careful around people you just met, especially a boy. You don't know what stored behind his smile " Wonwoo nagged at Han Byul.

" Then how about you? You just met Son Naeun and you immediately fell in love with her. You don't know what kind of person she is " Han Byul fired back. Wonwoo rolled his eyes. Why did she mention Naeun now?

" Why you dragged Naeun into this? Naeun has nothing to do with our conversation. Lee Hongbin and her are different. Naeun is a good, kind, pretty girl I've ever met "  Han Byul rolled her eyes.

" You know what, Jeon Wonwoo? Suit yourself. I don't care anymore " Han Byul said, then left Wonwoo in the middle of the night.


Han Byul still upset with yesterday's event. How can he say that to me even though he does the same thing with Naeun? He just met her, not only get close to her, but he also fell in love with her. Does it make sense?

" Why the long face? " Hongbin suddenly appeared behind Han Byul, making Han Byul surprised and accidentally tripped on her foot. She almost fell on her face, when Hongbin immediately grabbed her wrist and turned her body. Han Byul and Hongbin's faces are only an inch from each other. They make eye contact for a few seconds, which Hongbin felt like forever. Han Byul cleared and moved away from Hongbin. Hongbin also came back to his sense and looks away.

" How can you suddenly pop out like that? I almost fell flat on my face just now " Han Byul said while punching Hongbin's arm. Hongbin dramatically held his arm.

" Yah, you have to say thanks to me. If not because of my quick reflex, you will kiss the ground " Hongbin said. Han Byul rolled her eyes and continue walking to school. Hongbin quickly catches up with her. They walked to school side by side.

" Yah, you didn't tell me why your face looks so upset just now. Mind to tell me? " Hongbin asked. Han Byul glanced at him and gave a little smile.

" Nothing big. I'm just wondering how love can change someone drastically. The more I think about it, the more I feel scared about this thing call love " Han Byul answered. Hongbin put his hand in his pocket.

" Love is not that bad. It has a good side and a bad side. Don't complicate yourself by thinking about the bad side of love. Take the positive side, the most beautiful side of love " Hongbin said. Han Byul halted in her track. Hongbin noticed that Han Byul not by his side anymore, so he turn around and saw Han Byul standing still.

" Looks like you have experiences in this thing, huh? Where did you learn about this? " Han Byul said then catch up with Hongbin. They start walking again.

" Thanks to the group assignment that we got from the history teacher," Hongbin said and shrugged his shoulder.

" Wow, I'm surprised that you do study "

" What kind of person you think I am, Lee Han Byul? " Han Byul just giggle. They stop their conversation and walk silently to the school. After a few minutes, they arrived at their school. Hongbin and Han Byul walked to their lockers when they met Hongbin's friends, VIXX.

" Wow, now you guys walk to school together? You are so quick, Lee Hongbin " Hakyeon teased Hongbin and Han Byul. Hongbin rolled his eyes.

" We met on our way to school. Don't talk nonsense, *hyung " Hongbin said and glared at Hakyeon.

" Why not, you guys look so cute together. Lee Hong Bin, Lee Han Byul. See? Your name also sounds the same! " Jaehwan said.

" We are just friends, Jaehwan oppa " Han Byul said and took her things inside her locker.

" I will go to my class now. Lee Hongbin, you better hurry. Our presentation is today " Han Byul said to Hongbin. Hongbin nodded.

" Alright. See you later, Byul-ah " Hakyeon said.

" See you guys later, " Han Byul said and went to her class. Hongbin looks at his friend and sighed.

" You have to be quick if you really like her " Taekwoon, who silently stood at the side said. Hongbin surprised at Taekwoon's words because the older doesn't really speak up.

" I will, hyung. I will go now. Bye, guys " Hongbin bid goodbye and went to his class.


Han Byul sat at her seat when she senses something under her table. She looks inside it and saw a paper bag. She took it out and put it on her table. There was a note on the paper bag.

To: Lee Han Byul

Who is this from? Han Byul looks inside the paper bag and saw a lunch box. She opens the lunch box and saw a few kimbap slices and some vegetables.

Han Byul's eyes widen. Wow, this looks so delicious. I wonder who gave me this. Then Wonwoo arrived at his seat. Han Byul noticed him, but she just ignored his presence beside her. Wonwoo also didn't talk to Han Byul. He noticed the lunch box on Han Byul's table, but he chooses to ignore it. I'm still mad about yesterday. How could she compare Naeun with that Hongbin. They are like the sky and the earth. Not long after that, Hongbin also arrived at his seat. He noticed some intense vibe around Han Byul and Wonwoo. What's wrong with these two? Hongbin turns to Han Byul.

"Yah, why don't we get ready for our presentation now? " Hongbin asked Han Byul. Han Byul looked at him and nodded. Hongbin turns his chair so he can seat in front of Han Byul. Han Byul silently opens her notebook. She didn't even bother to turn to Wonwoo and kept looking at her notebook. Wonwoo also didn't bother to look at Han Byul. Hongbin looked at both of them and sighed.

" Yah, Jeon Wonwoo " Wonwoo looked at Hongbin when he called him. Wonwoo stared at him with a blank face. Ugh, I hate him.

" Call your girlfriend here. We need to prepare for our presentation " Hongbin said. Wonwoo rolled his eyes and went outside of the class.

" What happened to both of you? " Hongbin asked once Wonwoo out of his sight. Han Byul looked at him and sighed.

" I will tell you after the school end. Let's focus on our presentation " Han Byul said. Hongbin sighed heavily.


The presentation for the assignment was after the lunch break. Throughout the lunch break, Han Byul revised some notes for the presentation. Suddenly her stomach makes an ugly sound. I'm so hungry. I didn't eat anything except the chocolate ice cream with Wonwoo yesterday. Then she remembered about the lunch box. She took the paper bag out from under the table  She opened the box. Should I eat this? I wonder who gave this to me. She hesitant at first, but because her stomach was growling uncontrollably, she didn't have any choice. Better have some energy before doing the presentation. She took one slice of the kimbap and eat it. Um, this tastes tasty! I never taste kimbap so tasty like this. I wonder what kind of kimbap is this. She munched slowly while reading her notes.

The bell rang, indicating the lunch break is over. All the students slowly filled the class. Han Byul senses something wrong with her heartbeat but she chooses to ignore it. Maybe I'm too nervous thinking about the presentation. The history teacher came in.

" Alright class, today we will listen to your presentation about the group assignment. Let's start with Lee Han Byul's group. Han Byul, please present your final report " the teacher said. Han Byul nodded and got up from her seat. Naeun, Wonwoo, and Hongbin also got up from their seat. During the way Han Byul to the front of the class, she felt lightheaded. She almost fell down when Hongbin immediately catches her.

" You okay? " Hongbin asked with a worried face. Han Byul nodded.

" I'm okay. Maybe I got up to fast. Let's go " Han Byul said. Hongbin nodded. Wonwoo watched both of them from behind. Why I feel so angry? Four of them walked to the front with Hongbin's laptop. After they did some preparation, they were ready to present their report.

" Hello everyone. My name is Lee Han Byul and my team members are Son Na Eun, Lee Hong Bin, and Jeon Wonwoo. Today we will present our report on love. Lee Hong Bin will start first, after that Son Na Eun will present her report, and then Jeon Wonwoo, lastly I will present my report and conclude our findings on this topic. Now, I will invite Lee Hong Bin to start his presentation " Han Byul said. Hongbin gave her a little nod and step up. He began his part, after that Naeun presents her part. Wonwoo then presents his part on the assignment, then passes it to Han Byul. Truthfully, Han Byul was not feeling well during her members' presentation. She felt her breath was short, her head was hurting so bad, like someone hammering her head but she just kept quiet. She kept her smile when she presenting her part. Cold sweats formed on her forehead, Sometimes, she finds it difficult to breathe, but she covered it.

" That's all from us, thank you, " Han Byul said. Four of them bowed to the class, and the whole class claps. Han Byul walked to her seat when she felt like she can't handle it anymore. All she remembers was Hongbin in front of her face before everything went black.

 

*hyung - older brother


Hi everyone! Yay, another update! What do you guys think happened to Han Byul? Who do you think gave her the lunch box? Let me know what you think about this chapter in the comment section below! Welcome and thank you for the new subscribers. See you guys next time. Bye! Love you!