CHAPTER 5

You Belong With Me

She tiptoeing on her feet until a pair of hands of hands from behind her help her reach it. Surprised, she turned her body and came face to face with someone's chest. Her heart beating so hard.


Dreaming about the day when you wake up
And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

Han Byul moved her eyes from the boy’s chest to his face. It’s Jeon Wonwoo who kept looking at her with a smirk. Their eyes met. It feels like the time stop. Thump-thump.

“Can you see that you’re short, kiddo? Ask some adults to help you if you want to take something that you can’t reach. Know your limit” Wonwoo said, teasing Han Byul. He took the instant noodles and gave it to Han Byul who still speechless.

“Earth to Byullie~” Wonwoo waved the packaging in front of Han Byul’s face to grab her attention. Finally snapping out from her dense, she snatched the noodle.

“Can you give me a sign that you’re here? Don’t ever pop out like a ghost” Han Byul said to cover her already red face.

“You’ve known me for only-god-know how long, Byul-ah. I love to tease you because your reaction is so funny. I should record your reaction earlier because it’s so freaking funny and… Wait. Why your face is really red? Are you sick?” Wonwoo put his hand on Han Byul’s forehead to checked her temperature with a worried face. Han Byul’s guard was thrown off when he did that, making her eyes became twice bigger than it’s a usual size. Wonwoo put his face closer to Han Byul’s face for a better look. Han Byul’s head moves back to avoid Wonwoo. She turned to her side and fake coughing.

“I’m fine. Just feeling a little hot. Don’t disturb me. I want to start cooking”

“I don’t want to. I want to watch you cook” Argh, this kid. If he still here, I’m afraid that my heart will explode like a volcano. I know who can help.

“Kim Mingyu! Take your childish hyung out from this kitchen. Help me or all of you will starve” Mingyu immediately came when Han Byul called him and dragged Wonwoo out from the kitchen. Finally!

 

After finishing their meal, the boys back on doing their activities. Han Byul collected all the dishes and went to the sink to clean them. Wearing pink rubber gloves, she started washing some plates while humming a song.

"Let me help you" Seungcheol came and wear a pair of rubber gloves. He took a plate from Han Byul's hand.

"It's okay. I can do it" Han Byul said and took the plate back from Seungcheol's hand. Seungcheol shooked his head.

"No. Let me do this. You have cooked our meals. It's our turn to wash the dishes. Take a rest" Seungcheol said while took back the plate. Poor plate.

"Let's do it together then" Han Byul smiled and took another plate. After a few minutes if silence, Han Byul noticed that Seungcheol kept glancing at her,

"What is it, Oppa?" Seungcheol surprised by Han Byul's sudden words. He hesitated at first then decided to just ask her.

"What the teacher said to you?" Han Byul has predicted that question. She just smiled weakly.

"Nothing. The same things as usual" Seungcheol did not satisfied with the answer. He took off his rubber glove and turned Han Byul's towards him.

"Please Lee Han Byul. Don't lie to me. We have been friends since we were kids. If you have something that bothers you, at least talk to me. Maybe it can help lessen your burden" Seungcheol said with a worried face. Han Byul took off her rubber gloves and hold Seungcheol's arm.

"Seungcheol oppa. I'm fine. This is normal for me. I need to go through all of this if I want to be a successful woman. I am strong enough to tackle Soonyoung down " Han Byul said jokingly while showing Seungcheol her eye smile. Seungcheol smiled back, defeated.

"Don't think you're cute, kid" Seungcheol said while ruffling Han Byul's hair.

"I know you love me" Han Byul smirked at Seungcheol. Phew. That was close. They continue washing the dishes.

 

Seungcheol and Han Byul went to the living room after finished their task. Han Byul saw Jihoon sat in front of his computer looking all stuck while tapping his pen. Han Byul went to him.

"What's up, bro?" Jihoon looked at Han Byul.

"I don't have any inspiration to write the lyrics of this song. I'm stuck" Jihoon said, pouting. Jihoon showed Han Byul his notebook and she read the unfinished lyrics. She started giving Jihoon her ideas.

" I don't know if my ideas help you or not" Jihoon stared at Han Byul and grabbed her shoulder. Han Byul's eyes go wide, surprised.

"Are you kidding me? Your ideas are awesome! How can I not think of all of that? Thank you so much Byul-ah" Jihoon said, smiling happily. Han Byul smiled back at him.

"No problem. Good luck with your song!" Jihoon nodded eagerly. Han Byul laughed a little. I feel great when I see their smiles. Han Byul then went to the couch in front of a big tv.

"Do you want to watch some horror movies, noona?" Vernon asked Han Byul.

"Why not?" Han Byul answered while taking her place in the middle of the long couch.

"Hey there, kiddo" she heard a voice on her left. She turned to the voice and there's Wonwoo, smiled sheepishly at her.

"Urgh. Go away" Han Byul's pretended to annoyed at him to cover her almost burst up the heart.

"I want to make some popcorn," Jeonghan said, heading to the kitchen. This is my chance.

"I will help you, oppa" Han Byul said, wanting to escape the situation.

"Sit down, kid. You have done enough" Jeonghan said, ruffling Han Byul's hair. Han Byul pouting, defeated. After Jeonghan brought some popcorn, they begin to watch the movie. Being a fan of scary movies, Han Byul didn't easily scare when there were ghosts popping out. While some other guys already screaming and hugging each other.

 

After another marathon of horror movies, Han Byul looked at her phone. 10 pm. Better go home now. Han Byul picks up her backpack from another couch and tiptoeing to Seungcheol.

"Oppa, I will go home now " Han Byul whispered at him. Seungcheol turned his head to the wall clock.

"It's already late. Sleep here. It's dangerous to go home now"

"I'm okay. We have school tomorrow. I don't have my uniform"

"Jeon Wonwoo. Take Byul home" ordered Seungcheol. No no. Among all the boys, why him?

"It's fine, oppa" Seungcheol shakes his head, disagrees.

"I'm not fine. It's dangerous out there for a girl. Let Wonwoo accompany you" Han Byul sighed defeated.

"Let's go kiddo" Wonwoo said and went outside. Urgh. fine.

Along the way to Han Byul's house, they both were silent.

"Hey, Byul. How long have we become friends?" Wonwoo asked, breaking the silence. Han Byul does the math in her mind.

"Almost 10 years?"

"That long, huh?" Wonwoo nodded his head. Slightly surprised at how many years they have been together.

"Will you promise me something, Byul-ah?" Wonwoo stopped at his track making Han Byul also stopped. Han Byul lifted her eyebrows, confused.

"Promise me, no matter what happens, we will always together until the end of our life," Wonwoo said seriously. Han Byul smiled at him.

"Of course, dude. You guys are important to me. I love all you with my whole heart " Han Byul said assuringly. Wonwoo pint out his pinky finger.

"Promise?"

"Promise" Han Byul links her pinky finger.


Hey, everyone! Again. I'm late! Please forgive me. I hope all you love this chapter! Feel free to comment on your opinion, okay? Welcome to new subscribers! Bye, everyone!