CHAPTER 12

You Belong With Me

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers

 

Morning came like any other day. Han Byul walking to school as usual. She peeked into a paper bag she brought with. She smiled to herself. After a few minutes, she arrived at her class. She went to her seat and plugged her earphone to her phone, listening to PENTAGON's Spring Snow. She looked through the window and saw a lot of flowers have bloomed prettily. It's already spring.

 

Flashback~

7 years old Han Byul was walking while crying. It was spring. Even flowers that blooming beautifully around her can't stop Han Byul from crying. Mom, why you leave me? You promised to bring me to the amusement park, seeing cherry blossoms together, eat ice cream together. Why you broke your promises? Why you leave me alone? I miss you, mom. She stopped walking at a park and kneeled down, sobbing loudly.

" Yah, why are you sitting in the middle of the road? " Han Byul heard a voice in front of her. She looked up and saw a boy standing in front of her. She can't see his face as the sun shone brightly behind him. Han Byul continues crying. The boy sighed.

" Here, take this " Han Byul opened her eyes and saw cherry blossoms in front of her face. She wiped her tears and took the flowers.

" What's your name? " the boy asked while taking his place next to Han Byul

" Lee Han Byul. What's yours? "

" Jeon Won Woo. How old are you? "

" I'm 7 "

" I also 7 years old, " Wonwoo said. Han Byul let out a small smile.

" Why are you crying? Where are your parents? " Han Byul's smile dropped.

" My mom was gone. She left me alone " Han Byul said, on the verge of crying.

" When will she come back? "

" My father said that she will never come back. She went to a better place. She promised me that she will never leave me " Han Byul started crying. Wonwoo patted her head. Han Byul cried loudly beside Wonwoo, who still waiting until she stopped crying. Suddenly snows started falling from the sky.

" Look! It's snowing! I can't believe I can see snow during spring " Wonwoo said. Han Byul looked around the park and smiled widely. All the cherry blossoms trees around the park were covered by snow.

" Let's befriend. I will take care of you and always makes you happy " Wonwoo said while standing in front of Han Byul, extending his hand. Han Byul gladly took his hand.

" Let's befriend together and forever," Han Byul said. Both of them looked at each other while standing in the middle of spring snow.

End of flashback~

 

Han Byul smiled at the memories. That's how both of them become best friends until now. What will happen to our friendship if I confess my feelings to him? Han Byul mourned at the thought. Suddenly, cherry blossoms placed on her table. She looked up and saw Wonwoo, who act like nothing happen.

" I found it on my way to school. I thought you will like it so I picked it up " Wonwoo said while putting his hand in his pocket. Han Byul laughed a little.

" Yah, don't act like that. It doesn't suit you. By the way, thanks for the flowers " Han Byul said while picking up the flowers. She admired it a little bit then put it in her notebook.

" What are you listening to? " Wonwoo asked while taking place on his seat. Han Byul showed him the song she listened to. Han Byul offered her earphone and Wonwoo took it, putting it in his ears.

Will the spring snow come?
Will it snow again in your favorite spring
Can I love you
We dance like we were happy.

They listened to the song together while looking at the view through the window. Suddenly, Wonwoo's phone rang. Wonwoo looked at the caller ID and smiled widely, pulled out the earphone from his ear.

" Hello. Yes, my love. Okay, I will meet you now. Bye, love you " Wonwoo ended the call. Listening to his voice, Han Byul knew who called just now. Her smile dropped a little.

" I have to go now. Naeun is waiting for me. See you later, kiddo " Wonwoo said while ruffling Han Byul's hair. Han Byul just smiled at him. Then Wonwoo went out of the class. Han Byul sighed. Can we be like before?


The first class began. The teacher stood in front of the class then clearing to catches everyone's attention. When all the students' attention on her, she began to speak.

" I have a group assignment to give to you guys " all the students grumbled loudly. Han Byul also sighed. I hate group tasks.

" Alright, alright. Calm down. I know you dislike the idea of doing a group assignment. So, I prepared something for you guys " the teacher said, making all the students looked at her with anticipation.

" The marks for this assignment will bring to your coming examination. It means that whoever did a great job in their group assignment, they will get high marks or points in the upcoming exam. Sounds fun, right? " again, the whole class complaints. Then one of the students put up his hand.

" How about our group members? Can we choose them by ourselves? "

" Of course... " all the students waited, anticipating.

" No. I will choose them for you " all of them disagree. The teacher ignored them and picked up her notebook.

" So, I will start with the first group. The first group consists, Lee Han Byul, Lee Hong Bin, Jeon Won Woo and Son Na Eun " four of them gasped. They looked at each other. What in the world is happening?


Hi! Sorry for the late update and the short chapter. A lot of things happened these days. When I heard about Hongbin left VIXX, I was so shocked and sad. I kept crying. I have been staning them since 2015, and six of them means a lot to me. I started crying when I saw their old videos. But I know, Hongbin do that with a reason. I will always support him whatever he does. Today, he enlists for the military. I hope he comes back safely. But the best part is, today I got my result for my university applications and got accepted! I can't believe this is happening! Don't forget to comment on your opinion below, okay? Bye!