CHAPTER 15

You Belong With Me

Been here all along
So, why can't you see?
You belong with me

Han Byul wakes up with pain in her head. She looks around her and saw white walls and ceilings. She had trouble speaking because of the oxygen mask covering and nose. She looks beside her and saw someone slept with his head on her bed while holding her hand. Jeon Wonwoo? She squeezed a little the hand that she was holding. The boy shifted in his sleep and woke up. He looks at Han Byul. Wait, Lee Hongbin? Hongbin immediately checked up on her.

" Byul, are you okay? Do you feel any pain? Do you want me to call the doctor? " Hongbin bombarded her with questions. Han Byul shakes her head. She took off the oxygen mask.

" What are you doing here? Where am I? " Han Byul asked, with a low voice. Hongbin sighed, relieved.

" You don't remember how you end up here? " Han Byul nodded.

" Alright, I will tell you everything "

Flashback~

Han Byul passed out in Hongbin's arms. The whole class was shocked.

" Han Byul, Lee Han Byul. Yah, Byul-ah " Hongbin called Han Byul while shaking her body. Wonwoo was completely shocked. He tried to get closer to Han Byul, but Naeun holds his arms. He doesn't have any choice but to follow his girlfriend.

" Let's bring her to the hospital. I will tell Mr Oh," the history teacher said. Hongbin immediately carried Han Byul's bridal style and brought her out of the classroom. He brought her to Mr. Oh's car. Not long after that, Mr. Oh came to them, running.

" Put her at the backseat," Mr. Oh said and opened the door to the backseat of his car. Hongbin nodded and slowly put Han Byul on the seat. He entered the car, then lifted Han Byul's head and put it on his lap. Mr. Oh also sits in the driver's seat and immediately drove the car to the nearby hospital. Hongbin didn't leave his gaze on Han Byul. He took off her glasses and put them in his pocket. What happens to you, Lee Han Byul? Please, be okay. I hate to see you like this. Not long after that, they arrived at a hospital. Hongbin carried Han Byul again and ran toward the emergency room. Some nurses and doctors came to him with a bed.

" Can you tell me what happen to her? " one of the doctors asked Hongbin. Hongbin put Han Byul on the bed.

" She suddenly fainted in the classroom," Hongbin said. The doctor nodded.

" We will check on her. You have to wait here, sir " the doctor said. Hongbin hesitates to leave Han Byul's side, but the nurses stopped him. Please be okay. Hongbin sat down on a seat. Not long after that, Mr. Oh arrived from parking his car.

" Lee Hongbin, where is Han Byul? "Mr. Oh asked. Hongbin looked at him.

" The doctor will check up on her first. We need to wait for them here " Hongbin answered. Mr. Oh nodded and sat beside him. After Hongbin felt like forever, in fact, it's just 15 minutes; the doctor came to them. Both Hongbin and Mr. Oh stand up.

" Are you Miss Lee Han Byul's guardian? " the doctor asked.

" I'm her homeroom teacher. What happens to Han Byul, doctor? "

" Miss Lee Han Byul having a severe allergy reaction. Thank God you brought her here fast. If you are 5 minutes late, maybe we cannot save her " Hongbin was shocked when he heard that. Did she hide her allergy reaction during the class?

" Don't worry, she's stable now. She just needs some rest. I think she didn't have enough sleep. She needs to be warded for a few days, so we can monitor on her " the doctor continues. Mr. Oh and Hongbin nodded.

" Thank you, doctor " the doctor smiled and went away. Mr. Oh let out a sigh.

" I will call her father. Can you look after Han Byul while a make a phone call?" Mr. Oh asked Hongbin.

" Sure, Mr Oh " Hongbin answered. Hongbin went to Han Byul's bed. He saw Han Byul lying on the bed with an oxygen mask covering her nose and mouth. He sat down on a chair next to her. He let out a sigh. He slowly reaches out for her hand. He squeezed it lightly while brushing his thumb on her hand. What in the world is happening to you, Lee Han Byul? 

~ End of flashback

A doctor was checking Han Byul's condition. Hongbin stayed by her side. After done checking Han Byul, the doctor turns to Hongbin.

" May I know who is the guardian for Miss Lee Han Byul? " the doctor asked.

" We tried to call her father, but we cannot reach him. Our homeroom teacher said that you can discuss with me about Han Byul because he has some works to do " Hongbin answered. The doctor nodded.

" Miss Lee is okay for now, she doesn't show any reaction to the allergy, but she has to be careful. She can go home after a few days " the doctor said. Hongbin nodded. He said thank you to the doctor, then the doctor left.

" Did you see my glasses? " Han Byul asked Hongbin. Hongbin put his hand in his pocket and took out her glasses. He pass it to Han Byul. Han Byul smiled a little, then wore the glasses.

" Finally, I can see the world clearly, " Han Byul said. Hongbin sat on a chair beside her bed, then crossed his arms on his chest. Han Byul looked at him. Hongbin lifted one of his eyebrows.

" Spill out, you little bean " Han Byul said. Hongbin rolled his eyes.

" How in the whole world you got the allergy? I don't remember you ate anything during the lunch " Hongbin said.

" Someone gave me a lunch box yesterday. There are a few kimbap in it. I was so hungry, so I ate some "

" Who gave you the lunch box? "

" I don't know, it was under my table when I arrived, " Han Byul said.

" I think it's prawn kimbap. Maybe this person knows about your allergy " Hongbin said.

" I don't remember telling anyone other than SEVENTEEN and you about my allergy " Hongbin shrugged his shoulder.

" Maybe someone from that side gave you that " Han Byul glared at him.

" They are not a bad people, Lee Hong Bin " Hongbin rolled his eyes. Han Byul took her phone and looked at it. Huh? 15 missed calls? Ah, I forgot that I had to work at the fast-food restaurant last night. I have to inform Youngbin Oppa. Han Byul searches in her contact names and taps on Youngbin's name. After a few ringing sounds, Han Byul heard Youngbin's voice at the other line.

" Yah, Lee Han Byul. Where are you? I tried to call you many times last night, but you didn't pick up. Rowoon and I were worried about you " Youngbin said in one breath. Han Byul put the phone far from her ear. This Oppa likes a grandpa.

" I'm sorry Oppa for last night. I'm at the hospital right now " Han Byul said.

" Hospital? Why? What happens? Are you hurt? Is it bad? " Youngbin asked worriedly.

" I've got a food allergy yesterday, but I'm okay now. I'm afraid that I can't go to work this week. I need to be warded " Han Byul answered.

" No worry, Han Byul-ah. Just rest. Don't force your body. I will make time to visit you at the hospital with Rowoon " Youngbin said.

" It's okay, Oppa. I'm fine. You should focus on the restaurant "

" I'm not okay. I will visit you later. Take a rest, Han Byul-ah. Bye " Han Byul smiled a little.

" Bye, Oppa "


It was Han Byul's last day at the hospital. During the days she was warded, all her coworkers, including Chanhee and Yongkyun, visited her at the hospital. VIXX also visited her after hearing the news from Hongbin. She was packing up her things when Hongbin came into her room.

" Ready to go? " Hongbin asked. Han Byul nodded. Han Byul took a final look around her room and went out. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks. Hongbin realized that Han Byul no longer on his side.

" Yah, what are you doing? Hurry up " Hongbin said.

" I'm so dead," Han Byul said with a shocked face. Hongbin immediately went to her side.

" Why? What happens? Do you feel any pain? " Hongbin asked her, worried. Han Byul shakes her head.

" I don't have any money to pay for the hospital bills. Maybe I have to stay at this hospital FOREVER " Han Byul said. Hongbin sighed and knocked her head.

" Yah, stop thinking and keep walking. I have another thing to do " Hongbin said and continue walking.

" Then what about the bills? " Han Byul asked loudly.

" Keep quiet and walk, Han Byul " Hongbin said while walking. Han Byul tilted her head, confused. She immediately follows him. They went outside the hospital and went to the parking lot. Hongbin opens the passenger door for Han Byul, and Han Byul mouthed thank you to him. After putting Han Byul's thing in the back seat, Hongbin entered the car. Then he starts the engine and drove the car out of the hospital. Along the road, Han Byul just looked at the window beside her.

" Did they visit you at the hospital? " Hongbin asked, breaking the silence. Han Byul knew who he was referring to, so she just shook her head.

" Maybe they are busy to visit me, who knows? " Han Byul answered. Hongbin sighed.

" How long has you guys been friends? " Hongbin asked again. Han Byul thought a little.

" Almost 10 years I think? Wonwoo is my first friend, then I met the others through him " Han Byul said. I cannot believe I'm friends with them for almost 10 years already. Do these 10 years of friendship will be gone because of love?

" 10 years? They really choose to abandon their 10 years' friend just for a girl, huh? " Hongbin smirked. Han Byul sighed.

" I'm sure they are just busy, Lee Hongbin. I'm okay tho. It's fine " Han Byul lied. Hongbin knew that she lied; he noticed it.

" Whatever Lee Han Byul. I hate them " then the silence came again. After 15 minutes of driving, they arrived at Han Byul's house. Han Byul opened the car door and went out. Hongbin also went out of the car. He passes Han Byul's belonging to her.

" Thank you for everything, Hongbin-ah. I really appreciate all the things you did for me. How can I repay all of your kindness? " Han Byul asked.

" Do you really want to know how? " Hongbin asked in a low voice, smirking. Slowly, he walks towards Han Byul, making the girl took a step back. Their eyes didn't leave each other.

" Be my girlfriend "


Hi everyone! Sorry for the late update! My university life is killing me. A lot of assignments to do, have to attend online classes, managing some online events. It's really tiring, guys >.< But I only have one week left for my second semester, before my long break. So, I will try to update as often as I can. Thank you for staying with me. Love you guys. Take care and stay safe, everyone. Bye!