CHAPTER 10

You Belong With Me

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I haven't seen it in a while since she brought you down

 

Han Byul plugged her earphone to her phone and listened to a song called Youth Hurts.

You made me sing a love song for the first time
Then you left me
You made me listen to a breakup song for the first time
You spin around me like lyrics of a sad song

When she heard the lyrics, she shed a tear. She kept looking outside the window. Why I feel so sad? I should be happy, right? He's happy now. That's what a friend should do. Suddenly something came into Han Byul's vision. She looked up and saw Hongbin, handing out a handkerchief towards her. She hesitately took the handkerchief.

" Thanks " she took off her glasses and wiped her tears. Then she looked back outside the window. Hongbin didn't say anything. He joined Han Byul stared the view outside the window. They stayed like that for some minutes.

" Do you have any plan today? " Hongbin asked, breaking the silence.

" Part-time job at a flower shop " Han Byul answered.

" How many part-time jobs do you have? I thought that you only work at a fast-food restaurant "

" How did you know I work at a fast-food restaurant? " Han Byul eyed Hongbin weirdly. Hongbin went silent.

" Three part-time jobs. A flower shop, a cafe, and a fast-food restaurant " Han Byul's answered.

" Don't you feel tired? "

" Of course I am. I need to work so I can breath" Hongbin just stared at the girl in front of her.

" If you always working, how can you always get good grades? "

" Do you believe in talent, dude? " Han Byul wriggling her eyebrows. Hongbin's rolled his eyes. Han Byul hand out his handkerchief.

" Thank you for this, Hongbin-ah " Han Byul gave a sincere smile. Hongbin looked at other places while faking a cough.

" Keep it. It's dirty with your snot " Han Byul rolled her eyes. She folded the handkerchief neatly. They sat facing each other when they heard someone entered the class. It was Wonwoo and his girlfriend, Naeun. Wonwoo's eyes landed on Han Byul and Hongbin.

" Talk to you later, " Hongbin said while patting Han Byul's head, making the girl's eyes widen, then sat at his seat facing the whiteboard. Wonwoo's eyes twitch. What just happened? Wonwoo walked toward his seat with his hand in his pocket.

" Hey, kiddo. I searched for you just now. Why did you leave so early? " Wonwoo said while sitting on his chair. Han Byul wore back her glasses and shrugged her shoulder.

" Too many people " Han Byul answered and put Hongbin's handkerchief in her bag. Her action didn't miss by Wonwoo.

" Don't you have anything to say to me? " Wonwoo tried to get the girl's attention by nudging her. Han Byul looked at him confused. Wonwoo sighed.

" I have a girlfriend now. Son Naeun is my girlfriend, Byul-ah " Wonwoo said while pointing to Naeun.

" Congratulation, bro. Your efforts pay off then " Han Byul faked a smile. A happy smile creeped out on Wonwoo's face.

" I know right. Only God knows how happy am I " Han Byul smiled sadly. Look how happy you are, Jeon Wonwoo.

" You look like an idiot, Jeon Wonu. By the way, don't you have anything to say to me? " it's my birthday.You can't forget about it, right? Wonwoo looked at Han Byul.

" Oh yes " Han Byul looked at him with hopeful eyes.

" Thank you for helping me getting Naeun. I appreciate it. You are my ultimate best friend! " Han Byul's shoulders slumped.

" Yeah, sure " Han Byul faked a smile and looked outside the window. Maybe I'm no one to him.


Han Byul on her way to her part-time job at a flower shop. I can't believe all of them didn't remember my birthday. Han Byul looked at the sky.

 

Flashback~

Han Byul heading to the cafeteria for lunch. She has to works at the flower shop later, so she had to eat lunch at the school. When she arrived, there's a lot of students at the cafeteria. She lined up with other students to buy her lunch.

" Hey, Byul " a voice greeted Han Byul. Han Byul looked in front of her and saw Jeonghan and Joshua. She smiled widely.

" Annyeong Jeonghan Oppa and Shua Hyung " Joshua knocked her head. Han Byul giggled.

" Looks like you are eating lunch today? " Jeonghan asked. Han Byul nodded.

" I have to works at the flower shop later "

" So? " Han Byul rolled her eyes. This Oppa is an idiot.

" You want me to eat all the flowers? " Han Byul answered sarcastically. Jeonghan nodded, now understand. After they bought their lunches, they went to the other guys. Han Byul saw the rest of SEVENTEEN were already sat on a long table.

" Hey guys, Byul is here " Jeonghan said, making all the heads turns towards them. They waved at Han Byul. Han Byul waved back. She searched for an empty seat until her eyes landed on someone. She's here too? Well, she's Wonwoo's girlfriend now. What do I expect? Han Byul saw an empty seat in front of Wonwoo and Naeun, beside Mingyu and Seungcheol. She went to the seat, while Seungcheol and Mingyu moved a little to give space to Han Byul. Han Byul smiled gratefully to both of them. Han Byul sat and looked at Wonwoo, whos acting all lovey-dovey with Naeun. Han Byul rolled her eyes in her mind. It's only your first day. Behave, dude. Han Byul started eating her lunch silently. Suddenly, Wonwoo put an eggwhite on Han Byul's plate and took the egg yolks from it. Han Byul looked at him and smiled.

" Thanks, Wonu " his action caught by Naeun. She lifted her eyebrows.

" Why did you do that, Wonwoo - ah? " Naeun asked Wonwoo. Han Byul just stared at both of them.

" I dislike eggwhite while she dislike egg yolks. We always trade like this. Why? " Wonwoo answered. Naeun faked a smile.

" Nothing " Naeun answered while continue holding Wonwoo's hand. Girl, let the boy eat first.

" Hey guys, let's make a party later " all the heads turned to Soonyoung when he said that.

" For what? " Jihoon asked. Soonyoung rolled his eyes.

" Today is a special day, right? " Han Byul smiled a little. Does he remember my birthday?

" What are you talking about, Soonyoung - ah? " Jun then asked. All of them also making confused faces. Han Byul looked at them. Don't tell me they didn't remember my birthday.

" Ugh, you guys are so slow. Today is the day that Naeun had officially become our family, right? We must celebrate this " Han Byul's mouth dropped. What the hell?

" I agree. Let's celebrate this meaningful moment " Seungkwan said, earning nods from the others. You guys also didn't remember my birthday?

" Byul - ah. Let's celebrate together " Seungcheol said. Han Byul shakes her head and gave a little smile.

" I can't. I have to works today. Have fun guys " Han Byul said, with a slight pain in her tone. All of them nodded.

End of flashback~

 

After a few minutes of walking, she arrived at her workplace. Among all the places she works for, she loves working at this flower shop. Working around the flowers helped her to forget about her problems. She entered the shop and welcomed by a bouquet of red roses in front of her face.

Then she heard a pop.

" Happy Birthday Lee Han Byul! " she heard cheers. She looked in front of her and saw her co-workers.

" You guys remember my birthday? "

" Of course. You are our friend " one of them answered. Han Byul smiled widely.

" Thank you so much, Shinwon Oppa, Yan An - ah and Hongseok Oppa. I appreciate it " Han Byul smiled. Four of them make a group hug. Shinwon and Hongseok is the owners of the flower shop while Yan An, a Chinese boy works there.

" Here, this is my gift for you. Hope you like it " Shinwon said while handing a box wrapped with navy and shining gold wrappers. Han Byul accepted it and tore the wrappers. She looks into the box and gasped. There's a pair of shoes inside the box.

" Wear these shoes. Your shoes look pity. It just waits for its time to broke " Han Byul smiled at him.

" Thank you Shinwon Oppa " he just nodded.

" This is my present for you " Yan An said while giving Han Byul a cute looking keychain.

" Thank you, Yan An. This looks so cute " Han Byul said in Mandarin. Being good in Chinese language subject, Han Byul always communicates with Yan An in his mother language as it always helps her in exams.

" You're welcome, " Yan An said back.

" Last but not least, here my gift for you, beautiful " Hongseok said while winking.

" Stop flirting with me, Yang Hongseok " Han Byul warned the older boy. Hongseok just smiled at her. He gave her a cute notebook that have a lot of stars on its cover.

" Study well, little muffin. Go to university, achieve your dreams. Use this notebook wisely, okay " Hongseok said while patting Han Byul's head. Han Byul nodded her head.

" I will. Thank you, Hongseok Oppa " Han Byul smiled gratefully at him.

" So, let's continue working " Shinwon said. Han Byul changed her school uniform into a casual outfit with a brown apron. She was arranging some flowers when she heard the bells at the front door rang, indicating that someone entered the shop.

" Welcome, " Han Byul turns to the door and gasped.

" Lee Hong Bin? "


" What are you doing here? " Han Byul asked the boy in front of her.

" I want to play basketball here. Of course, I want to buy some flowers, duh " Hongbin said sarcastically. Han Byul rolled her eyes.

" Yes, Mr. Lee Hong Bin. How can I help you? What kind of flower do you want? " Han Byul asked with a fake smile. Hongbin smirk.

" What would you recommend? " Hongbin asked. Han Byul looked around the shop.

" I would recommend iris. Despite it looks, it's contain a meaningful meaning. This flower means hope. Personally, I love this flower because somehow this flower reminds me that there's a thing called hope in this world " Han Byul said while took a bunch of iris flower.

Han Byul smiled while looking at the flowers. Hongbin just looked at her.

" I will take it " Hongbin said. Han Byul looked at him and smiled.

" I will go and arrange this flower. You wait here " Han Byul said and went behind a counter. Hongbin sat on a small table provided in the shop. Then a cup of tea placed on his table. He looked up and saw a boy standing with a smile.

" Please drink this tea while waiting for Han Byul. It might take a long time as Han Byul is a perfectionist " Hongseok said. Hongbin nodded and drank the tea. Hongseok stayed by his side. Hongbin looked at him, weird.

" Do you have anything to say to me? " Hongbin said. Hongseok smiled shyly while rubbing his nape.

" You know Han Byul? "

" I'm her classmate "

" Oh. Then can I ask something from you? " Hongseok said seriously. Hongbin looked at him, confused.

" Please take care of Han Byul. She have been through many difficult things. We love her. She's our precious. Will you do that? " Hongseok said while looking at Han Byul. Hongbin also looked at Han Byul who happily arranged the flowers into a bouquet.

" I will. She's also precious to me "


Han Byul went to school as usual. She went to her seat in the classroom when she saw a flower bouquet on her table. Wait, why this bouquet was here? Han Byul looked around the classroom, searching if someone was there. She looked at the bouquet. Isn't this the bouquet that I make for Hongbin yesterday?

There's a card attached to the bouquet.

Happy Birthday, Lee Han Byul

 

" Happy birthday " Han Byul heard a voice behind her. She turned and saw Hongbin.

" Is this for me? " Hongbin nodded. A smile slowly crept out on Han Byul's face. But why?

" I give this as my thanks for you "

" Thanks for what? "

" For being nice to me " Han Byul smiled.

" Thanks, dude " Han Byul said. A blush crept on Hongbin's face. Slowly the class filled with students. Hongbin quickly left the class. He walked by Wonwoo and Naeun. Wonwoo'e eyes landed on Han Byul. After talking to Naeun, he went to his seat beside Han Byul. He saw Han Byul put the bouquet under her table. A flower bouquet?

" Morning, kiddo " Wonwoo greeted the girl. Han Byul's heart skip a beat when she heard his voice.

" Morning, Wonu " Han Byul greet back. Wonwoo looked at Han Byul. He noticed that she wore a pair of new shoes.

" New shoes? " Han Byul looked at her shoes and nodded.

" When did you bought it? " Wonwoo asked.

" I didn't. I got this as my birthday gift from my co-worker " Han Byul answered. Wonwoo surprised.

" Today is your birthday? Happy birthday, my kiddo " Wonwoo said while ruffling her head. Han Byul looked at him sidely.

" My birthday is yesterday " again, Wonwoo looks surprised.

" What?! Are you kidding me?! "

" Does I look like I'm kidding? "

" Why you didn't tell me? We can celebrate it together yesterday. You are my best friend " Wonwoo said, a hit of pain in his tone.

" It's okay, yesterday is your best day. My birthday will come again " Han Byul gave a little smile.

" I will make up for this "

" It's okay, Jeon Wonu "

" I'm not okay. I will make up for this. I insist " Han Byul sighed, defeated. I wonder who gave her that flower bouquet. It's her favorite flowers. Who knows it beside me?


Hey everyone! New chapter is here~ As you can see I inserted new characters from PENTAGON. I'm in love with them lately after I watched Road To Kingdom. They're really talented! I was surprise that there's lack of PENTAGON's fanfictions. Oh yeah! If you see this sentences, it's Wonwoo's monologue. While if you see this, it's Han Byul's monologue. Hope you guys have a wonderful days! Welcome to the new subscribers! I love you all! Bye~