✓ Promise

Well This Is Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter Twenty One [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Promise [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

I the fireplace and placed some pillows and cushions around it, we sat in front of each other. I was staring at her and she is doing the same to me until she took a deep breath.

“I remembered everything even before you left, but because of my father, Mark and what I saw that day I didn’t tell you” her eyes were focused on the fire in front of her.

“What did you see?” I questioned.

“You with a girl, kissing in the restaurant we used to meet at” She frowned.

I thought for a while, “I didn’t kiss a girl…”

“She had brown hair!” She looked up.

“Oh! That was Momo! I saw her before I left to the army” I laughed and she face palmed her face.

“It’s okay” I caressed her back, “continue.”

“Then I started to get busy with work, and slowly the company started to collapse. So did my dad. I worked day and night, but he fell into a big debt. And the one who paid it was-”

“Mark” I cut her off and she nodded.

“His two conditions were being the CEO and marrying me, so we agreed… we wanted to save what my father built through the years.”

I was listening to her carefully.

“I got engaged to him, and everything changed… I lived with him, the first few months were normal and plain… until he showed me his other side” both of our eyes began to tear up, “one day he thought I was visiting you… but I was just hanging out in town because I was bored and sick of work and everything. He greeted me with a slap… a slap turned to a push, then he punched me… his screams and the way he was looking at me shocked me… he was like an animal, uncontrollable. That night I went to the bathroom, and sat under the shower head…first, the water was mixed with blood and my tears… I didn’t want to look at myself in the mirror but I had to… I saw my cheek full of fingerprints and a wound on my elbow and other bruises on my body. That first time was the most awful and the roughest.”

She looked at me, “You are cryiiing?” she said softly, coming closer to me.

Yes, I was crying, I tried to hold it back but I couldn’t, “You suffered a lot without me” I looked away, I didn’t want my eyes to meet hers but she cupped my face and made me look at her.

“Aww you look cute when you cry~” she said cutely, “but don’t cry” she wiped my tears.

She pulled me into a hug, I buried my face into the crook of her neck and she caressed my hair with her long fingers. I felt secure, I should make her feel this but she made feel peace.

She wiped my tears away again and smiled cutely at me, “I am here now, even if the entire world is against us I won’t leave you, I promise.”

I took a deep breath and nodded, leaning in my lips touched hers. We shared a passionate kiss, I wanted to go farther, but she pulled away.

“I- I am sleepy” she said not looking at me.

I stared at her getting up and I followed her. She rushed to the bedroom, I wondered what’s wrong with her but I went to the closet and gave her one of my T-shirts and a sports pants.

“Thank you Chaengie” she took them and wore them in the bathroom, as soon she sat beside me on the bed I held her hand.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“I just need time, can you wait?” She frowned.

I smiled, “forever.”

We laid under the bed cover, I pulled her closer to me, she rested her head on my right chest, I left a peck on her forehead. As we slowly drifted to sleep.

 

 

Back in Seoul, Mark was losing his mind, walking back and forth in front of her parents after he told them what happened.

Her mom was hiding her smile, she was happy that her daughter is between Chaeyoung’s arms now. Yori was just staring at Mark blankly.

“Why did she leave you in the first place?” her dad asked.

“Yes, why?” she added.

Mark got nervous, “she left without a reason” he lied.

“Anyway, we can’t do anything, let’s wait for them” said Yori.

“Wait? Wait!!!” Mark panicked.

“Mark sweetie, it’s late, go and rest” her mom patted his back as she led him to the front door.

 

“You really can’t do anything Yori?”

The latter smiled at his wife, “I can but I don’t want to” He admitted.

“My husband is finally seeing the light?” she said caressing his cheeks.

“Chaeyoung could snatch the mansion from me and throw us away, but that guy is so kind and humble…”

“So, you will let Sana stay with him?” She asked trying not to sound too excited.

“I don’t know… I don’t know” he said with the feel of guilt eating him.

 

 

Morning

I opened my eyes with her not on my side. I rubbed my eyes and got up, I can hear her voice in the kitchen.

“Ouch hngg!” she whined her finger after she burned it with the pan. I leaned on the wall and watched her going from one corner to the other, not to forget to look at how cute she was in her pants were oversized. I smiled as she almost tripped and spilled the tea on the floor. She caught me staring at her, I flashed her a bright smile and rushed to hug her! I kissed her shoulder and looked at the breakfast, toast, fried eggs, vegetables and more.

I whistled, “I am impressed!”

“I prepared them for Chaengiiie~” She giggled.

I kissed her cheek, “I will go to the bathroom and come back okay?”

~~

 

I sat on the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter