It's Not A Date!

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the late update, dears! I actually added something to the original draft to make this longer lol

And I cannot not include her, dears. Mianhae xoxo

*SIDE NOTE: I’VE RECENTLY WATCHED THE GUERILLA DATE WITH KI AND WAAH I DIED AGAIN. AIGOO THIS SARANG-KKUN AIGOOO HE EVEN NODDED WHEN THE INTERVIEWER CALLED HIM THAT LOL. THO, WHY DO YOU GET EVEN MORE HANDSOME EVERYTIME I SEE YOU?! WHY TORMENT ME SO LOOL.

I’m calm. I really am :3

-------

She never saw him this serious, she was only used to the happy go lucky and flirty Yoo Si Jin.

She could feel his stare burning through her as she kept averting her eyes, trying to think of something that might reduce the tension. It seemed like a minute has passed already and he still haven't said a word. All she wanted right now was for the ground to swallow her up whole.

Finally noticing her distress, Si Jin’s eyes softened a bit before he lowered his hands to hold her shoulders gently.

“Please look at me, Mo Yeon Ah.” He pleaded with the gentlest voice that he could muster.

That’s when Mo Yeon’s ears started tingling.

Blue waters, red car, cliff. No way out, crying, shaking.

‘Look at me, Kang seonsaeng!’

She shook her head as she tried to get the images out of her mind but Si Jin thought of this as a refusal.

“Look at me, please.” He repeated. Hearing it again made the vision more vivid. She raised her hand to her forehead as her head started to ache. She was unaware that her companion is now looking at her with worry.

She was breaking down. A car at the edge of a cliff and she's inside of it. She can't focus on anything other than the salty waters below her. Si Jin was beside her, trying to coax her into letting go of the brakes. That’s absurd, why would he even suggest that? They would die if she did.

“-Mo Yeon!” She barely registered Si Jin’s voice calling her frantically, his grip of her shoulders tightened. She looked up at his concerned face, one hand still placed on her forehead, and realised that she zoned out again all because of another weird memory.

“Are you okay? Does your head hurt? Do you need to sit down?” She still can’t register what he’s saying as the vision continued.

She was so scared, so scared. She may have Yoo Si Jin beside her but she was still so scared.

She willed for it to stop but her efforts were futile as it seemed to have a mind of its own.

He hit the steering wheel so hard that the air bag popped out. She was so startled that she accidentally let go of the brakes which made the car dive straight into the ocean below them.

“Si Jin Ah.” She rasped when the vision finally ended. She was breathing hard, her hands were getting clammy and she was shaking. Everything felt so real.

“Jagiya, please answer me.” His tone was frantic. He suspected that she remembered another memory but which one was it that had her shaken up so badly like this.

Unable to control herself, she wrapped her arms around his torso. Still shaken by the vision that she saw a while ago, she needs to be assured that it's just her imagination and they are not in danger right now.

Si Jin’s words were caught in his throat. He was thoroughly dumbfounded at the unexpected contact and blinked for a few times. When he finally snapped out of his stupor, he tightly wrapped his own arms around her, securing her in his embrace. “Hear my heartbeat? Just focus on that, Mo Yeon Ah.”

She nodded against his chest. True to his words, the steady beating of his heart is helping her calm down and collect her thoughts. Being in his arms surprisingly gave her utmost comfort, it’s as if her body is used to this contact.   

He gave her a few minutes to calm down before he thought it was the appropriate time to ask, “What happened?”

“It's nothing. Please talk, you were asking me to listen earlier weren't you,” she replied, voice muffled by his shirt.

“I actually asked you to look at me,” he shook his head, “aniyo. I won't before you tell me what's bothering you.”

“It's really nothing so please let it go,” she insisted. Still distracted, she rubbed her head on his chest. She did it again as it somehow soothed her headache.

‘Did she remember something again?’ This is the second time that this happened and Si Jin was torn between feeling glad and worried about the turn of events. Looking at her, he finds himself leaning towards the latter.

“For now, but promise me that you will let me know later.” All he wanted to do was to continue asking her until she finally gives in but it would be bad to goad her more when it’s clear that doesn’t want to talk about it.

He pulled away from the embrace and she frowned a little from the lost of the warmth which wasn't missed by Si Jin’s keen eyes. He let out a little smile, he doesn't want to pull away as well but he needs her to listen to what he has to say.

“Whatever that is, I'll be right here if you're ready to talk about it already. You know that right?”

She only nodded in reply, still not ready to share what she saw with him. ‘I have to start researching about this whole deja vu thing if this continues.’

“About what happened yesterday,” he started and she almost wanted to change the topic but he might ask about what she saw again. She was left with no choice but to go with the lesser of two evils.

Si Jin took both of her cheeks in his hands and gently lifted her head so they’re eye to eye. They were so close that she noticed there were speckles of light brown on what she assumed his dark eyes, and it was mesmerising.

He let out an affectionate smile as he stared at this beauty in front of him. Her flushed cheeks, dilated pupils, parted mouth, everything about her is beautiful to him.

“Don't feel pressured about it. I'll wait as long as you want me to for your answer, Mo Yeon Ah. So please stop avoiding me.” He was unequivocal in his proclamation and it made her heart flutter again.

“You're unfair. How come you act so mature now.”

‘Because I’ve been searching for you my whole life what is a few years more.’ But he couldn't tell her that.

“Because I want to prove it to you that I'm absolutely serious about you.” He opted to tell her the other reason.

“No matter how many times you reject me, it won’t make me give up on you so don't bother doing that anymore, okay? I'll just wait till you're ready.” He gave her a boyish smile while nodding at her. She nodded back and Si Jin removed his hands on her cheeks as he leaned back, satisfied that the issue has been resolved.

It was at that moment Mo Yeon thought maybe, maybe this whole relationship thing isn’t as bad as she initially thought it would be.

They both basked in the comfortable silence, the complete opposite of the suffocating one earlier, before Si Jin decided to open his mouth and break the moment.

“So, we all good now?”

“Tch. You ruined the moment.” She's back to her usual sarcastic self and that’s all the confirmation he needs.

He finally laughed. “How about Jjamppong as a celebration? I know a good place nearby.”

“D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter