I Won't Forget My Promise

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reincarnation; some people believe it, others don't. For Yoo Si Jin though, he has no other choice but to do so.

He had always been a peculiar child. He was never afraid of the hospital, his parents suspected that he might be even looking forward to visiting it for his monthly check ups. He even accidentally watched a war documentary his father was watching when he had forgotten that Si Jin was inside the room with him but instead of crying and being scared, he just stared at the screen and clapped his hands. As though he knows everything about it.

But what probably is the most peculiar thing about him is that instead of the usual first words babies say, he on the other hand uttered one name.

“Kang.” His mother did a double take, she had been waiting for Si Jin to say his first word. She even had a bet with her husband that he would say ‘Eomma’ first. She asked her son to repeat his word and he did it with more conviction this time.

“Kang seongsaeng.” Mrs. Yoo just stared at him in disbelief, what a very peculiar child indeed.

-------

His little sister was born when he was three. She was a healthy and feisty baby and their parents named her Myeong Joo.

He learned to play his first instrument when he was four. He proved himself to be very smart as can easily memorize and sing any song that piqued his interest, but he still kept on uttering that name up until when he was five when he suddenly blurted out ‘Kang Mo Yeon’ and how he wants to find this Kang Mo Yeon as they promised so in their previous life. His parents shrugged it off as a phase that will pass soon but it turned out to be not a phase as his memories about the girl seemed to be getting more vivid by the end of each day.

By the time he was eleven, he remembered everything in complete detail and is determined to find the girl that he promised himself to.

-------

At the age of thirteen, he became a prodigy. His soulful voice was known by many and his ability to play any instrument that he liked was something to be envious of. His longing to meet his girl became unbearable as well. He keeps on wanting to change schools so that his chances of seeing her might go up. He even considered debuting as a singer so that he can travel around the country and hopefully meet her. His mother was proud of his determination and yet worried as he might hope too much that it might hurt him in the end. His father was especially intrigued but decided not to act against it. Myeong Joo, on the other hand, was another story altogether.

“Big brother, why are you so weird?” 10-year old Myeong Joo one day asked.

“What do you mean, sis?” Si Jin replied with his usual charming smile. He found it really weird that Myeong Joo and him were siblings this life as they were almost forced to marry in their last. But he thought that it's better to have her as a sister as compared to have her as a potential wife.

“I mean you've been saying her name and how y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter