Is It Just A Coincidence?

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy happy birthday to my dearest Song Joong Ki! You’re so old now, I’m so proud of you *wipes tears dramatically* I’ve seen you grow from an energetically clumsy yet adorable boy to a sang namja and now, you’re getting married to the love of your life already. Aigoo words can’t describe how proud I am of you right now. I hope that whatever your next project might be, be it another drama, movie, or baby making *winks* HAHAHA, you’ll succeed!

From: Someone who’s loved you for 8 years now lol.

I just want to greet him even though he will never read this hahahaha.

Oh right, I've read in his Marie Claire interview that he felt sad bcs BI received criticism and was a box office failure and I was lyk ‘MWO?’ bcs I remember correctly that it BROKE the box office records and ommo bby don't be too hard on yourself but as a fellow Virgo, I understand your point.

ANYWAYS, this is my present for you dears :D

-------

Si Jin couldn’t keep himself from fidgeting in his seat as he absentmindedly flip through his book while staring at the girl in front of him, who is completely immersed in studying to pay any attention to him.

He drummed his fingers on the table for a little bit before standing up and taking the seat next to Mo Yeon and started with this pretending to be reading act again.

Mo Yeon looked at him through her peripheral vision but stayed silent as she continued her vigorous studying.

Si Jin, determined to get her to look at him as he was a tad saddened by the lack of attention, put his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his knuckles as he gave her piercing stare, his hand unconsciously flipping through the book that he has no real interest in reading.

Mo Yeon felt his stare and looked at him to ask him to stop it but he shifted his gaze to his book at the right moment. She gave him a mean look which he replied by blinking in an innocent manner that made her give up and continue reading.

Which she concluded was a bad idea as she felt the same stare piercing through her the moment that she took her eyes off him.

“Si Jin Ah-” She called without even looking at him but as soon as his name was out of her lips, he reacted.

“Jagiya, why do you still call me that?” She could feel astonishment dripping in his voice even without sparing him a glance.

Mo Yeon shifted her eyes around as she tried to make sense of his question, “what else can I call you then?”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it, you called me aegiya a few times before right? Why don’t you start calling me jagiya too?” He said in a cute manner to somewhat coerce her into doing what he wanted, although was unsure if such tactic would work.

As expected, Mo Yeon was undeterred, “call you jagiya too? Why? We’re not even dating.”

Si Jin’s smile fell off his face at those words and his face turned to stone, “Mwo? You say that even though you already did everything with me.” He raised his voice with every syllable and it made the other students inside the library look at them and sigh in exasperation.

Mo Yeon’s eyes widened as she looked around to see a few stares directed at them because of Si Jin’s sudden outburst. Her face flushed as she tried to stop Si Jin from saying any more.

“Stop it,” she whispered through gritted teeth, she was so flustered about the current situation that if the ground opened up and swallowed her whole, she would even be thankful.

“There’s only a few things left,” he was on a roll right now as he continued to talk, ignorant of all the glares he’s receiving.

Mo Yeon hit him on the shoulder and tried to cover his mouth with her hands but he pulled away and continued talking, “Ommo, what is this? We’re on a date right now, aren’t we?”

A student finally had enough of his antics and hushed him but he paid it no heed as he covered his mouth with his hand in a completely exaggerated display of surprise.

“What is it now?” she asked despite her being annoyed at his actions, she still cared after all.

“Your idea of dating must be…” Si Jin trailed off as he repeatedly pointed between them, “very different from mine, it must be very advanced. Ommo, I had no idea you were like that, Mo Yeon Ah.” He gave his best look of disbelief for an added effect.

Mo Yeon sighed in complete defeat as she hit him again, harder this time. “What are you saying? People might misunderstand.”

She looked around again after saying that and indeed, the majority of people are looking at them with a semblance of a scandalised look. She felt her blood creeping up her face as she gave them a short bow in apology.

Si Jin, however, ignored them and continued to look at her with a dreamy expression, his mind starting to imagine scenarios way beyond what was considered to be rational.

“Not that I mind, we can go ahead and follow your way,” he joked as he gave her a wink, albeit a failed one as it looked like he blinked his eyes instead.

“Haish! Seriously, you’re distracting me,” she hissed. She was speaking of the truth, the wink just now was a failure but was lovable in every way.

“Choose one, is it the books or me?” Si Jin straightened his posture, eager for her response.

Mo Yeon replied in a heartbeat, “books, I need to study so if you’re not going to, please get out and wait for me outside.”

His face fell as he wasn’t expecting that answer and Mo Yeon almost felt bad for a moment before thinking that he had it coming from the time he asked her to choose.

“Haish, she’s different in the morning and in the afternoon,” he grumbled as he looked away from her.

“Me? What am I like in the morning and afternoon?” She asked, paying close attention to him partly because she wanted to hear the answer and because there’s a tingle in her brain saying that she heard those word before.

“In the morning, you’re very pretty.” The words fell out of his mouth before he could stop himself as he looked back to her and continued, “in the afternoon, you’re awfully pretty.”

It was Mo Yeon’s turn to gasp, she is absolutely sure that it’s the first time she ever heard him say those words but they feel so uncannily familiar, as if she has heard the exact phrase before.

“Wae?” Si Jin drawled, “what did I do now?” he asked before remembering saying those exact words to her during their previous life. He cleared his throat and tried to act nonchalant about it as to not let her see that it affected him too.

He already decided that he won’t push her to remember the past when he saw how distraught she looked every time she gets those rare flashbacks and he never wanted to see that expression on her face again. Besides, he is fine with how things are now to be honest, all that’s important is he found her and they’re together now.

“Nothing. I’ll say this again, please leave if you don’t have any intention to study,” Mo Yeon said with a little bit of force, she really can’t afford to have him distract her, not when the exams are this close. She ignored the weird feeling that she got when she heard his earlier words as well, that can wait too.

Si Jin, taken aback by the tone of her voice, pouted and in a rare display of rebellion, did what he was just told without any of his usual protest.

“Don’t call me if you miss me,” he said before leaving. His action served a dual purpose in reality, it will help her forget about what he said earlier and it will give him time to recollect his thoughts as well.

Mo Yeon didn’t even spare a glance at him as he left, still busy with her book, and he had to admit that he felt a pang in his heart at that. Unbeknownst to him, she looked up to the clock on the adjacent wall as soon as he was out of the room.

“Ten minutes tops,” she whispered as she started her countdown.

True to her words, Si Jin barged in aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter