I Love You

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mianhae, dears! There was a problem with the internet yesterday. Aigoo, I felt like dying when they still haven’t fixed it last night. Good thing it’s back now and I can now upload this :D I will reply now as well!

This chapter will be filled with sweetness and because this is Yoo Si Jin, cheesiness as well so I advise you guy get yourselves insulin shots before proceeding, just to be safe. :D

-------

Seo Dae Young looked at the called ID again and sighed. His phone has been ringing for a while now and he’s contemplating of just turning it off but he’s aware that rejection doesn’t exist in Yoo Si Jin’s vocabulary.

He finally answered, he argued that it might be important but he knows it’s highly unlikely. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Why weren’t you answering your phone?!” was the immediate response.

“What it this? Are you my girlfriend?” He heard the person on the other line cough.

“I’m your brother-in-law, brother-in-law.” Si Jin replied as soon as he composed himself, enunciating each world slowly.

It was now Dae Young’s turn to cough.

“Why did you even call?” It better not be because he’s in trouble again.

“I need help.” Dae Young sighed, he was indeed in trouble again.

“What did you do this time?”

“Yah! You sound so condescending, you’re so quick to judge me.” Si Jin protested, he was starting to regret calling his best friend but he has no other options.

“Why are you talking down to me? I’m older than you.”

“Sorry, hyung, I’ll get straight to the point then.” He took a deep breath before dropping the bomb, “I need help on how to properly reject someone.”

Dae Young choked as he heard those words, out of everything that he thought his friend would need help with, rejecting a girl is one that he would’ve never thought of. “You can’t do it? Waeyo?”

He heard Si Jin sigh. “It’s not that I can’t it’s that she couldn’t take the hint. Aigoo, why do they keep coming onto me?”

“You moron,” he started, Si Jin protested but he ignored him, “I bet you rejected her in that polite way of yours. Stop that, be rude to her and forget about being a gentleman, arrasso?”

Si Jin thought that it was not that bad of an idea and it’s worth a try. “Arrasso. I owe you one, food’s on me this weekend,” then he hang up.

Dae Young could only shake his head, he was actually curious as to why his best friend is suddenly adamant about rejecting his admirers; as far as he knows, he didn’t care about them before.

-------

“Si Jin Ah, can you get this book for me?”

They were studying in the library the next day. Fortunately, he haven’t seen the treasurer since morning and Eun Ji seemed to have settled down a bit with her antics.

“What’s the book’s title?”

She smiled and gave him the title as well as the instructions.

“It’s at the end of the left wing. It may be hard to find but I’m sure it’s there. Gomawo.” She gave him her sweetest smile and he was once again putty in her hands.

Mo Yeon waited until he was out of eyesight before going over to her desk and getting the package that she hid there. Quickly making her way back to their table, she put the gift down and wrote a simple note then she left the library to go to the gardens. She’s too embarrassed to give it to him directly so she decided to do it that way.

Si Jin was beyond confused when he got back and Mo Yeon was nowhere in sight. In her place was a small package with a note beside it. Thinking that it was from one of those girls who keeps on giving him gifts, he opened the note, expecting that it was another confession of sort. He was surprised when it was simple message written in a handwriting that he’s all too familiar with.

This is thanks for the macarons, buns, strawberry milk, and jjamppong before. He opened the package with haste and saw a box full of songpyeon inside. His smile was bright as he got out of the library, but not before leaving the books in her desk, and dialed her number, the gift clutched tightly in his grasp.

It took her the fifth ring to finally gather her courage and answer.

“Yeoboseyo?” He heard her melodic voice on the other line.

“Jagiya! Where are you right now?”

She didn’t reply for a few seconds and Si Jin suspected that she’s biting her lip right now.

“In the gardens…” She trailed off.

“Okay, be there in a bit,” was his reply before he hang up.

-------

“So, someone gave me this very sweet gift but I don’t know who it was.” He started as he sat beside her on the bench.

“Have you seen who left it there, jagiya?” He probed the still silent girl.

“It looks handmade. Aigoo, I'll feel bad if I won't be able to thank them for this.” He pretended to be still clueless as he glanced at her from the corner of his eye. She’s biting her lip and she was looking at the ground as if the grass is the most interesting thing in the world. 

“Songpyeon is not that easy to make isn't it?” He continued with his probing, he wanted for her to admit that the sweets were from her.

“Let's go find her, jagiya!”

“Haish! It's me! I made it and gave it to you!” She glared at him, “why even ask when I know that you know that it was me.” 

“See? That isn’t so bad but really, thank you very much for this, Mo Yeon Ah.” His voice was sincere and void of any traces of humour.

“I should be the one thanking you. You’re always there for me and patient too. Any gift that I can give you wouldn’t suffice as thanks for that.”

And that was the last straw for Yoo Si Jin. Without saying a word, he took Mo Yeon’s wrist and pulled her towards their usual spot which was, to his luck, empty. As soon as they got to the music room, Si Jin locked the door because he didn’t want to be interrupted yet again. The sound of the door being locked alarmed Mo Yeon and she looked at the boy who was staring at her intently.

“What are you-”

She wasn’t able to finish her sentence when he unceremoniously pulled her in his embrace, arms wrapped tightly around her waist and his chin resting on her shoulder. He was careful with her gift though, he placed it on the chair that's conveniently within his reach.

She can actually feel her heart about to burst out from her chest at how erratic it is beating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter