It's Just A Fleeting Memory

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time skip is important. You'll know why soon lol. Early update I know, you'll know why soon too ROFL.

-------

4 months later.

“I won’t be able to take you home, Mo Yeon Ah. We have a meeting again.” Si Jin regretfully said, already pouting at the loss of the time they can spend together. It's the busiest time for the student council as they are planning for the foundation festival that will happen in about two months. Even with him being only the male representative for their year, he still found himself attending meetings after meetings and helping with the preparation for the event.

“Will your guide pick you up again?” Mo Yeon replied. Both of them know that she’s referring to Kim Eun Ji, Si Jin’s fellow student council officer.

“You really are jealous of her aren’t you, jagiya?”

“I’m not. I just don’t want to see her face.” She recalled the times that foxy girl insulted her whenever they crossed paths and she is unsure until when she can endure it before lashing out. ‘Pulling her pretty hair out seems fun.’

As if sensing her inner turmoil, Si Jin quipped. “No need to worry about her. I’m completely yours. Body, heart, and soul.”

“Byuntae.”

“Aigoo, I was being wholesome. What are you thinking, Kang Mo Yeon?” His voice was full of mirth and she that's when she realised that she fell into his trap again.

“I was thinking that it’s time for you to go if you don’t want to be late.”

“Arasso, I’ll go if you give me a kiss goodbye.”

“I thought you value duty above anything else, Captain Yoo?” They both freezed at that. Si Jin was staring at her wide eyed and Mo Yeon gasped as a sudden memory flashed her mind, a memory that she has no recollection of. She briefly saw herself and Si Jin at a beautiful beach with a rusting ship in the middle of it. She was wearing a white dress and he was clad in some sort of army uniform.

“What was that?” She was bewildered. ‘Where did that memory even come from?’

‘Did she remember something?’ Si Jin badly wants to ask but making sure that Mo Yeon is alright always comes first. “Are you alright? What happened?”

“I saw something and it’s weird. There’s a beach with a rusty ship and we were together and you look like you’re in the army and we were older but-” He immediately cut her off as she was starting to babble excessively.

“Breathe, Mo Yeon Ah. Relax first then explain it slowly, okay?” He was sure of the memory she narrated, it was the one where they took the pebble from that shipwreck beach back in Urk.

She looked at his unperturbed face. “But it’s weird. We’re older and you’re in the army or something.” Her eyes widened as if she found the answer. “Is this the whole deja vu thing? Reincarnation? I don’t believe in those. Si Jin, it’s really weird.”

He felt a pang of hurt at her words but decided that comforting her is the top priority now. “I’m sure it’s just because you’re reading too many books, jagiya. But if you want, I can join the army. Girls have fantasies about guys in uniforms after all.”

“No, I don’t want. Too much work, you won’t have time for me.” was her absent minded reply, thoughts still on the weird vision that she saw.

‘Soldiers don’t have girlfriends, too much hard work.’ He remembered her words and had to smile at that. “I’ll always have time for you.”

“Mwo? What did I say?”

“You said that you don’t want me to become a soldier because I won’t have time for you.”

“Are you still sleepy?”

“I’m not, you really said that.”

She was looking for a way to drift the conversation away from her slip. Glancing at her watch, she found the perfect one. “You’re really going to be late for the meeting if you don’t go now.”

Si Jin wants to continue the conversation but he knows that he will be forced to stay much longer if he was late. He sighed before giving Mo Yeon his charming smile. “I don’t want to but I have to attend it, huh. I’ll see you tomorrow then. Don’t worry about that thing you saw and also about Eun Ji Ssi, okay?”

“Why are you calling her so familiarly?” She scoffed.

He nervously laughed. “I’ll rephrase. Don’t worry about Kim Eun Ji Ssi, okay?”

“Okay.” He hesitated before reaching out to pinch her cheeks and cooed. “You’re really adorable.”

He was answered with a glare that he's getting quite familiar with already. Letting her cheeks go, he straightened his posture and looked at her with a serious expression. Mo Yeon also looked at him but stayed silent as she knows he's about to say something important.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter