I'm No Superman

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I apologise for the lateness of this chapter, chingus! I actually have a good reason for it, well good for me but not for everyone else, I guess lol. A friend of mine was able to actually find Soju and the one from DOTS too! and we just had to try it you know lool. Mianhaeyo but it’s actually quite good and something that I would like to drink again soon lool.

I’m done with my rant now. I’m sorry if it’s long.

-------

Kang Mo Yeon was greeted with a sly look from her best friend and fellow assistant librarian, Pyo Ji Soo, as soon as she closed the door. She slowly walked towards where Ji Soo is sitting, already bracing herself from the teasing that she’s sure about to receive.

“Mo Yeon Ah, I’ve heard you found yourself a boyfriend. Is he the guy that dropped you off?” Ji Soo teased.

“He’s not my boyfriend, okay?” She quipped as she made her way to their station. She could already feel that this is the start of a long interrogation and she’s not looking forward to it one bit.

“Ommo, not yet?”

She immediately looked down to conceal the smile that betrayed her true feelings but Ji Soo saw it and couldn’t help but laugh at her friend’s reaction. “I’m quite hurt that you didn’t tell me about him though.”

“I met him only today. I was about to tell you but you knew about it before I had the chance to.”

“Just today? And he’s already acting like that?” She recalled the stories she heard about how close those two were and of course, the guy’s bold declaration. It's hard believe that someone could actively pursue someone they've only know for hours like that.

“Aigoo, Mo Yeon. He’s definitely smitten. Say yes to him already.” She chided but somewhat glad that he’s making her happy as it seems.

The girl finally looked up at that. “You know I can’t, Ji Soo Ah.”

She nodded in agreement because she understands the reason behind her friend’s decision. “But still, Mo Yeon, don’t deny yourself happiness, even just a bit?”

Mo Yeon didn’t reply and Ji Soo wasn’t expecting her to as this is a really sensitive subject and she felt quite guilty for bringing it up.

“I know but I can’t.” She finally replied and Ji Soo looked at her in surprise as her friend usually evades the topic every time she tries to talk about it. ‘Maybe this Yoo Si Jin is changing her for the better.’ This development only fueled her desire to meet this guy more as he seems to be breaking her friend’s iron walls a tad and they’ve only met to boot.

“Try him? Don’t be upset with me saying this but not every guy is like your dad, Mo Yeon Ah.”

At the mention of her father, Mo Yeon’s face became more solemn. Ji Soo wants to just kneel and beg for forgiveness but she knows that she has to make her friend realise this fact.

“I know, Ji Soo. Can we leave it at that?” She immediately sobered up and gave her closest friend a hug. “I’m really sorry, Mo Yeon Ah. You know I’m just looking out for my soulmate.”

Mo Yeon smiled at that. She’s really lucky that she has someone like Ji Soo to always look after her. “Gomawo. Let’s work now, I don’t want our first day to be filled with drama.”

Both friends laughed. The gloomy conversation from before forgotten but both are aware that they will talk about it again sooner or later.

-------

Si Jin was leaning on the pillar near the main door of their school. He has been here for about 10 minutes. The meeting took longer than he thought but it was worthwhile as he was elected as the school’s freshman representative. He planned to go to the library once they’ve wrapped up but seeing as it’s almost the end of Mo Yeon’s shift, he decided to just wait for her outside as he didn’t want to risk missing each other.

When he saw her exiting the doors, he immediately noticed that something is bothering his lady. He jogged to meet her halfway, worry evident in his face.

“Are you alright? Did you injure yourself?” He held her shoulders as he checked for any injuries.

“I’m fine, Si Jin Ssi.” She insisted, clearly not in the mood to talk about whatever is bothering her.

“Looks like something is bothering you. It’s not an injury, so what is it? And don’t be too formal, jagiya.”

An idea on how to make him drop the subject crossed her mind. “I’m really fine, Si Jin Ah.”

And it worked like a charm. Si Jin was now blinking purposely, looking much like a puppy who would follow her every command.  

“Okay. If you say so. Come on, let’s get you home.” He extended a hand to her which she ignored. She held back a laugh when he pouted at that.

“You haven’t earned enough points to hold my hand.” She seriously said but Si Jin detected playfulness in her voice.

“Arasso, I’ll work hard to earn those points then.” He played along and she can’t contain her laughter anymore. Si Jin chuckled, feeling jovial because she is too.

“Do you want to eat something?”

“I’m fine, I need to go home now. I still need to do some chores before eomma comes home.” He noticed that she didn’t mention her father but decided against asking her about it. He made a note to ask her about it in the future though.

“Is your house far?” He asked, hopeful that she will say yes.

“Nope. It’s actually quite near. We can walk and it will take about 20 minutes, I guess?”

His disappointment was clear as the day. “Just 20 minutes? Is there a way to make that longer? Let’s take a detour.” He suggested, wanting to spend more time with her. He suddenly remembered that she needs to go home as soon as possible. “Ah, but you need to go home now right? I’ll settle with 20 minutes then. Let’s go.”

Mo Yeon bit her lip to stop the smile from forming. She initially thought that he was selfish but he showed her now how considerate he can be.

Their walk home was comfortably silent except for Si Jin’s occasional flirty remarks.

They were nearing her compound when she decided to ask him about his house.

“Is your house far?” He stopped looking around when he heard her question.

“It’s nearer to the school than yours.”

“Oh, did we pass by it already? You could have gone home then.” She was confused why he still continued to walk with her when he could go home already.

“No, it’s actually on the opposite side.”

“What? Why did you accompany me home then? Haish, now you have to go back.” She was genuinely worried about him as it is getting quite dark.

“It’s fine and I need to make sure that you got home safely.” She was touched yet again by his considerate gesture.

She can see her home by now. She stopped and pointed at it. “This is far enough. That’s my house.” She hesitated before pulling out a mint candy that she kept in her pocket. “Here. For your troubles. Thank you for accompanying me home.”

He took the sweet gratefully. “Gomapta. I’ll be doing this everyday, so a peck here would be better and cheaper.” He poked his cheek which was answered with a frown.

“Don’t even dream of it.”

“It’s my dream. I’ll do as I please.” He replied slyly.

“Goodbye! Go now before it gets darker.” She dismissed him quite rudely out of embarrassment.

“A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter