It Won't Happen Again

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aigoo, we've reached 3K views!!!! Thank you very much! I love you guysss

Technically, it's still Thursday in some countries so I've kept my word :DDD

I would've updated sooner but I finished typing this up around 11PM ish and I need to spot check it first before doing so. Mianhae dears!

-------

Si Jin was only half focusing on the meeting, his mind was still on what transpired earlier. He was so close and someone had to interrupt them. He was worried about Mo Yeon as well as she ran off without saying anything.

‘Is she mad? If she is then this is going to be quite difficult’ He could tell that he is going to lose his mind if he didn’t manage to speak to her before the day ends.

He is aware that he is being too forward and it is making her uncomfortable. He mentally beat himself up at that. From now on, he will try to tone it down a tad as he wouldn't want her to be uncomfortable with him.

“Therefore, we need to recalculate our budget as our sponsor for the food on the opening ceremony unfortunately backed out. I expect that everyone will give me their suggestion about this. Yoo Si Jin Ssi, are you listening?” Han Suk Won, a junior and the current student council treasurer called him out.

Si Jin immediately straightened his posture. “Yes, sir. I was just distracted for a while.”

Why was he in the student council again of all people? It may be vague but he remembers who Han Suk Won is, the director of Haesung Hospital and the most important fact is that he liked Mo Yeon and still pursued her even with the knowledge that they're already together.

He hoped that it wouldn't be the case this time as he quite admire his senior for being a responsible officer and he doesn't want them to be on bad terms.

“Well, you better start paying more attention then. This is a serious matter.” Suk Won scolded. It’s no brainer that Yoo Si Jin is one of the most dedicated officer at the current council but he could be easily distracted at times, most of the time it was when they hold these impromptu meetings.

“I’m sorry for disrupting. Please continue, Han Suk Won Ssi.” Si Jin could do nothing but give an apologetic smile whilst trying his best to banish Mo Yeon from his mind for a bit to focus on the current problem at hand.

The treasurer coughed. “As I was saying, we need to think of a way to provide free food for everyone without spending too much of our funds. For now, it would be good if someone could find us another sponsor but if all else fails, let's brainstorm on that.”

The meeting went on longer than he wished it did. He looked at the wall clock on his left and groaned when it read 5:00 PM. Mo Yeon was probably on her way home by now and he's still stuck listening to their president ramble on.

He almost jumped out of his chair when his phone vibrated. Casting a quick glance to make sure that no one is paying attention to him, he unlocked his phone with haste and saw that he got a text from the girl who is the constant thought on his mind.

‘I'll be heading home now. Be careful on your way home.’

It may sound too formal but he can’t find himself to care about that. As long as she's not mad enough to ignore his existence and not text him about her whereabouts.

He hesitated for a second before he sighed and raised his right hand to call the attention of the person speaking in front.

“I’m very sorry but may I be excused for a minute or so? I just got an urgent text from my parents and I need to call them.” He hated lying but he is sure he will hate it more if he didn't get a chance to talk to her.

Suk Won looked at him suspiciously for a full minute before he sighed and nodded.

“Make it quick or else you'll miss a lot.”

He excused himself then and as soon as he's out of the room, he sprinted to the entrance. Based on his calculations, she might be close to the entrance right now if she didn't decide to stop over at another place.

-------

He slowed down for a bit to catch his breath. Panting, he turned around the corner leading to the school entrance and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw her. She was walking slowly as she has her face buried in a book yet again and he smiled a little at that, she always looked so adorable no matter what she do. Mo Yeon, as if sensing that someone was looking at her, looked up and her eyes widened. She closed her book in a snap and bolted towards the entrance.

His exhaustion was disregarded as Si Jin took larger strides to catch up with her. When she was at arm’s length, he reached out and held her wrist to halt her movements. An awkward silence ensued as both of them tried to find the right words to say with him staring at her and her trying to look away.

It was Si Jin who the first broke the ice.

“I'm sorry.” He apologised with all the sincerity that he could express but was only answered with Mo Yeon still doing her best to not look at him.

“I really am. It won't happen again, promise.” He repeated more to himself, blaming himself yet again for being too impatient.

Mo Yeon doesn't know why but she felt a pang of disappointment at those words. She brushed it off as tiredness as she is feeling quite drained from all the things that happened today.

She gathered her courage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter