I'll Wait

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re so in demand today, are you sure you can spend time with me?” Mo Yeon stated as soon as she and Si Jin met up after his interview. She opted to not tell him about the little incident with Kim Eun Ji as she’s confident that she has got that situation covered and he got a lot of things to worry about anyways, she wouldn’t want to add to that.

“I may be busy but I’ll always have time for you,” came in his cheesy reply and she gave him a teasing glare for that but she is aware that he’s speaking of the truth as he always did find time to spend with her despite being busy as a student council officer.

“Yoo Si Jin Ssi!” They broke eye contact to look at the person who called Si Jin. When Si Jin recognised who it was, he gave him a wave and turned to Mo Yeon.

“Oops, I'm needed again. Don’t worry, jagiya. I’ll always come back to you,” he gave her a sweet smile before grabbing her wrist, “but you can come with me right now.”

“Mwo? I thought they were calling you?”

“They are but you can join too. Kaja.”

Mo Yeon was confused but let herself be led anyways. She finally understood what he’s asked to do when she saw them heading towards the auditorium. As far as she can recall, she did hear that there will be performances today.

Si Jin, taking her silence as an indication that she got at least an idea of what’s going on, if not the whole story, chose not to say anything as they entered the auditorium and walked to the front row seats.

“Sit here please. I was asked to sing so you better not keep your eyes off me the whole time okay?” He said as he coaxed her into the seat closest to the stage.

“Arasso.” She assured but Si Jin still kept on insisting.

“Really really don’t okay?”

“Arasso.” She rolled her eyes, it was clear as the day that he’s messing with her.

“I mean it, don’t keep your eyes-”

Slightly annoyed now, she grabbed his hand and squeezed it hard to stop him from talking which was effective.

“I get it already, Si Jin Ah. Just go, I’ll watch you and I won’t even blink unless I absolutely have to. Happy?”

Si Jin nodded before giving her hand a squeeze in reply.

“Elated.” He joked before letting go and going up to the stage with Mo Yeon watching with utmost regard as promised.

Si Jin scanned the crowd as soon as he’s up. He was given the microphone by a staff and smiled with a bit of unease when he found all of their eyes casted on him. His grip on the microphone tightened, he’s still not used to the idea of being the center of attention as it seems. But all of the uneasiness washed away when he made eye contact with Mo Yeon, the way that she looks at him with pride shining in her eyes and the way that those beautiful lips curve in an alluring smile gives him the confidence to stand proudly in front of the crowd. As long as she keeps on looking at him and he to her, he has no doubt that he will be alright.

He put the microphone closer to his lips and waited for the music to start.

“You

I don't know what to say

You take my breath away

You're every song I sing

You're the music that I play

And you take my breath away

You

You smile and it's okay

You take my breath away

Like water from a stream

On a sizzling summer day”

Mo Yeon looked at him in a daze. He might be singing in front of a lot of audiences but his eyes were only focused on her alone as if saying that his song is dedicated to her.

And out of all the times that he sang for her, she found that this is the second to the best time he did, the best will be the time when he wrote a song for her of course, it always is.

“Oh, you take my breath away

There are words

For the magic of a sunrise

Only none of them will due

For You

You take my breath away

And I don't know what to say

'Cause you take my breath away"

The whole crowd cheered when the song finally ended and everyone stood up to give the singer in front of them a standing ovation. Mo Yeon stood up too as she gave him a round of applause. She wiped her eyes as she felt them getting a tad teary and beamed at the person on the stage.

Si Jin gave her an endearing smile and a wink, an action that made the fangirls go wild, before shifting his attention to the crowd and bowing in gratitude.

“Thank you very much for the warm support, everyone! And thank you as well for taking some of your time to watch my performance. That’s all that I need to do as per my script,” the crowd laughed, ”so I’ll be going now, see you soon!” Si Jin said to the crowd and the cheers got louder. He gave them a wave before going down the platform and making his way towards Mo Yeon. He could see a few girls walking towards his direction and he hastened his pace.

He smiled at her yet again when he reached her before taking her wrist and walking out of the auditorium with her before anyone else could approach them. The girls who are disheartened by the missed chance are now looking at their retreating backs with envy.

‘What should we do to be like Kang Mo Yeon?’ was the collective thought of the broken hearted crowd.

-------

“Did you like the song, jagiya?”

“Yes?” She didn’t manage to register his question as she was still quite distracted with his earlier actions.

“The song that I just sang, jagiya. Did you like it?”

“Ah, that. Of course I did.”

He beamed. “Great! Because it’s dedicated to you. That’s the gist of my feelings… Ani, that’s not even a fourth of my feelings for you...” He trailed off as he thought of a song that would fit better and Mo Yeon rolled her eyes at the sign that he's about to flirt with her again.

“I’ll do my best to find that perfect one to match my feelings but I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to find it. It’s endless you see.” He said after thinking about it for a while

“Haish, you're such a flirt.”

“Only for you, dear.” He gave her another sly smile that almost made her squeal.

“Where are we going, Si Jin Ah?” Knowing that she’s close to melting at his flirty words, she decided to change to topic.

“Hmm, somewhere we can be alone? I’m done with the tasks for the day so I’m all yours!” Si Jin exclaimed excitingly before grabbing her hand and dragging her off who knows where.

At that precise moment, she decided to let go of everything and take a leap of faith, she’s not going to be afraid anymore because she knows that he will be there at the very bottom, waiting to catch her when she falls.

-------

Mo Yeon might have thought of that but in reality, it took her two months

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter