The Silently Made

Antidote
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re not going to see her?”

 

Kai’s door slid out of the blue with Luhan coming in with a step before resting his weight against the opened door; crossed arms. For the past few hours, Shixun has been receiving guests—from Baekhyun and Chanyeol, and the former’s mother even came alone to apologise for every deed she’s done to her even from 15 years ago.

 

Everyone has stepped inside to check up one her. Everyone except Kai. And Luhan didn’t understand why he was still being so stubborn. He’s caught Kai waiting by Shixun’s door one too many times already. They only had less than 5 hours left till touch down.

 

“Well? Are you going to wait until we reach Earth or something?”

 

Kai laid on his bed, his head resting on both his hands. He gave a long sigh as he shut his eyes, turning his back against the Crown Prince. But Luhan wasn’t going to give up either. He allowed the door to slide shut behind him as he neared the man’s bed.

 

“Who do you think you are.”

 

Kai frowned and looked back, bringing his head up to meet Luhan’s burning eyes.

 

“What?”

 

Luhan clicked his tongue and scoffed, “You’ve hurt my sister, you’ve hurt Shixun, and now you think you have the right to silently wallow in guilt!?”

 

Luhan pulled the man up by his collar, earning a grunt from the other. His fists tightened when Kai narrowed his eyes and brought his own fingers over Luhan’s.

 

“Man up, Kim Kai! You may be the General of a strong Resistance team, but you’ve nothing your name if you can’t even face consequences to the problems you created on your own.” Luhan spat venomously before he pushed the other back on to his bed.

 

“You don’t know how much I’m holding back because of what you did to my sister, and the reason I am is because I know she wouldn’t want me to hurt you.” Luhan confessed, “But I swear if you continue to hurt her or Shixun, I won’t think twice Kim Kai.”

 

With an aggressive huff, Luhan turned his heels and stomped out of Kai’s room. The latter didn’t think things would get worse between him and anyone else but looks like after Krystal and Shixun; Luhan was next.

 

He buried his face into his palms before bringing his hands up, holding on to his head. He felt the throbbing come but he didn’t even know what he was thinking of.

 

“Kai.”

 

The mentioned man looked up from the ground and wore a stoic expression on his face when Baekhyun came striding in.

 

“You’re going to tell me off too?”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow, shaking his head as he plopped by Kai’s side. The man watched as Kai simply fluttered his eyes shut and went back to lying down on his bed. He could only sigh inwardly when his best friend pulled a pillow over his head.

 

“Aren’t you going to see her.”

 

When the other only heaved a sigh in response, Baekhyun shook his head and decided to leave. If Kai wanted to see her, he would. Just like how Baekhyun had gone as well. With consistent steps, the man got off the bed and hit the open button. He turned back and his lips before telling Kai something he probably needed to hear.

 

“She asked for you.”

 

Once he heard the door slide shut, Kai opened his eyes and his plump lips. Even if she hadn’t asked, he would’ve gone. Only, he didn’t know what to say. Would an apology suffice? Throwing the pillow off his head in frustration, Kai got off his bed and stared into the mirror.

 

“Let’s just—see her.” he told himself as he worried over his bottom lip.

 

Kai looked towards the door and albeit his hesitance, the man still proceeded to leave the room anyways.

 

And as he walked down the hallways and down the stairs, Kai didn’t know why his body trembled so much not why his heart was beating wildly against its cages. He wasn’t scared, was he?

 

“Oh, you decided to come?”

 

Kai shook his head, realising that he was already standing right in front of the ward. He looked to Lay as he left the room before turning his gaze to Shixun who was already asleep. The former pulled his lips back and held his gaze unto the sleeping girl with downcast eyes.

 

“You’re not going to go in?”

 

Kai looked to Lay before averting his gaze back, “She’s asleep?”

 

The doctor simply nodded and walked away, not wanting to convince the man to enter the room if he doesn’t want to. Baekhyun came and he didn’t face any problems, and neither did Boa.

 

 

 

~”~

 

 

 

The room smelled of eucalyptus. It wasn’t the usual iodoform smell that hung in the air but rather, the room had a pleasant scent this time. Kai reckoned that it must’ve come from the humidifier that was set up in the room.

 

He raked his fingers through his hair before swallowing thickly. Pulling the chair from the corner of the room, Kai didn’t hesitate to plop down by the side of Shixun’s bed.

 

His eyes landed on her cheeks and lips; both now full of colour, although he would say that they could be better. Kai sat there in silence as he continued to stare at her face, unconsciously bringing his hand to hers. But one slight touch, made his retract his hands as if he had just come in contact with fire.

 

He just, couldn’t bring himself to touch her. Kai had to admit, he was scared.

 

The man bit his bottom lip as he tried to suppress a cry from the back of his throat. It didn’t take him long to realise that his eyes were already filled to the brim with salty tears. He knew he shouldn’t cry, he knew that he shouldn’t because that way, his apology wouldn’t be sincere enough.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter