The Reunion

Antidote
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What.”

 

Kai and Luhan were both dumbfounded when they heard what the last ingredient was. They didn’t expect it to be the so close to the palace. The ingredient was under their noses the whole time.

 

“Of course…” Kris mumbled under his breath, “They were the finishing ingredients, to activate both the extinct plants; dillhoffia and silphium.”

 

Baekhyun walked up to Kris, his eyes shone as they lit up in hopefulness. “You remember how to make it? The antidote?”

 

Kris nodded, “I know the steps at least.” He neared the boy and took the journal into his own palms. “The amethyst acts a main agent; the minerals have healing properties.”

 

“But there aren’t as many amethyst gems as there are the other ingredients.” Chanyeol recalled, “Won’t that be a problem?”

 

Kris shook his head as he wore a smile on his face, “It’s a gem even Earth still houses; Greece, Italy, the Middle East, and the North of Africa—there are lots scattered.” Kris pulled his lips back as his eyes scanned through his own writings again. “Gems like this can also be grown in laboratories; seeing how technology has advanced.”

 

Chanyeol folded his arms across his chest and cocked an eyebrow, “Then why’d we have to travel so far to Zenn—”

 

“Because we don’t have the extinct plants anymore, Chanyeol.” Luhan deadpanned as he folded his arms across his chest, raising a brow.

 

“We just need to mould the amethyst into a bowl to hold the rest of the ingredients once they’re finely diced and crushed,” Kris told as he pointed to the potassium. “Though it will take quite long to process, we need to be very careful. It may even take up to 8 hours if we miscalculate the correct amounts.”

 

“We can do it now, right?” Kai asked, “Since you said the cherry blossoms are the last touch.”

 

When Kris gave a nod, the General looked to the holo-screen and noted the time left to reach Earth, “We’ll be home in approximately 10 hours perhaps, or less.” he looked to Luhan and wore an earnest expression on his face, “Maybe you can ask the palace assistants to gather some petals once we’re close.”

 

Luhan let out a hum in agreement, but his eyes darted around with a hint of disappointment and expectancy.

 

“Why don’t you get your mother as well,” Kris said as he squeezed Baekhyun’s shoulder. “She’ll be more than delighted to know of your discovery.”

 

Luhan gave another sigh as he released his crossed arms, “Okay, so we found the last ingredient.”

 

Kai frowned when Luhan suddenly raised his voice, nearing the group with fiery eyes.

 

“Have all of you forgotten what Lay has said?”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned to Lay, who only gave a side smile before leaving the room as he bowed. Both Kris and Kai wore regretful expressions, they almost forgot about—

 

“Shixun’s awake,” Kai told when he saw Baekhyun’s questioning expression. “You probably should go and see her first.”

 

Luhan shot a frown to him, “You’re not coming?”

 

Kai gave a thoughtful look but gave no response as he slid the door open and left silently.

 

“What the—”

 

“Leave it be Luhan,” Baekhyun sighed, “I know what he feels.”

 

The Crown Prince shook his head and walked away, but not without giving them a reminder.

 

“Even if you think you don’t deserve to see her after what you’ve chosen to do, you should at least apologise to her face to face.” Luhan grimly spoke. “How would she feel if she realises that nobody cared enough to see her.”

 

Chanyeol was about to protest, knowing fully well that his friend did care but Baekhyun merely tugged on his arm to stop him.

 

“He’s right, her feelings should come before ours.” Kris spoke under his breath. He didn’t know what came over him when he deliberately diverted his attention to the duo’s findings as if he wasn’t ready to meet his daughter; conscious, despite being barely alive.

 

But truth be told, he guessed he wasn’t ready at all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter