The Return [Part 1]

Antidote
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal found her brother practicing his shooting skills in the shooting range. She watched from the glass doors how every shot he fired, never missed the target. But that watching him wasn’t the reason why she was here.

 

Pushing the glass door roughly, the court maids and Luhan’s personal gentleman-in-waiting, greeted the princess in respect; but Luhan didn’t even turn his back to face the younger. Instead, he reloaded his gun and fired more shots. His sister didn’t wait for him to finish though, she went to another cubicle and grabbed another loaded gun.

 

Without warning, she turned to her right and aimed towards the trash can beside and instantaneously fired a bullet.

 

BANG!

 

The court maids screamed, huddling to one side in fear as Krystal reloaded her gun. Only Luna, his gentleman-in-waiting, held her guard as she stood in front of the rest of the court maids. But even so, Luhan didn’t face his sister.

 

BANG!

 

Luna gasped in surprise while the other maids were already running off. The former looked down between her feet, where Krystal had fired her second bullet. She darted her eyes sharply to the princess, before bringing her orbs to the Crown Prince.

 

“Leave, Luna.”

 

The girl gulped and made way to the glass doors, giving her monarch one last glance before she exited.

 

Luhan placed his gun down on to the counter, heaving out exasperatedly as he moved out of the cubicle to face his sister.

 

“Are you crazy.”

 

Krystal cocked a brow and rolled her eyes at the tone her brother used on her. It seemed as if he wasn’t interested in even talking to her. “Are you really going to be on the girl’s side? Have you forgotten what she did to you?”

 

Luhan’s eyes didn’t show any interest as to what his sister had to say. His eyes showed boredom and indifference, “It wasn’t her fault—”

 

“So? Doesn’t it bother you that she didn’t even suffer half as much as you did, or even had to worry about finding the antidote because she doesn’t have her life hanging on the line!”

 

The older sibling had his fists balled at his sides, he wanted to tell his sister that their assumptions all this while was wrong, they were mistaken. And that the one suffering the most wasn’t him, not his sisters, nor the King’s other subjects. It was Shixun. But as much as he wanted to tell, the brunette had already made him promise not to tell anyone about her condition; he didn’t know nor understand why. Still, it was her decision and her rights, he needed to respect that.

 

“Enough Krystal,” Luhan spat, his eyes boring into Krystal’s own emerald orbs. “Doing harm to her won’t bring either party any good; we still need her for the antidote—”

 

“And only after then, will you eliminate her?”

 

Luhan was taken aback at what Krystal spouted, nothing came out of his mouth and with his silence, did Krystal receive her answer. She turned her heels, and stopped just before pulling the glass doors open—

 

“I’ll do it myself if you don’t.”

 

 

 

 

~”~

 

 

 

Shixun was drying her hair when the phone Kai gave to her yesterday beeped. Kai thought that it would be better if she had her own phone instead of needing to tell the palace maids to go to her almost every time. The people in the palace weren’t as many as they used to be; the King purposefully lessened the number since he didn’t want too many individuals to know what was going on around the palace.

 

She unlocked the phone and opened up the text he sent;

 

‘Come meet me at the South Entrance of the palace.’

 

Shixun on her bottom lip and frowned to herself. Weird. Weren’t they supposed to train again today?

 

She was in normal t-shirt and pants still, the same kind she wore to sleep last night. The brunette wasn’t sure what to wear if they were to leave the palace and—

 

“Lady Wu,” a small voice called out for her after three knocks were heard from her door. “I’ve an outfit for you given by General Kim.”

 

Shixun cringed at how the two of them were addressed. Nonetheless, she did pull the door open and accepted the package in the court maid’s hands with a soft smile pasted on her face.

 

The brunette blinked at what she held in her hands. It was a long and beautiful sundress with its sleeves stopping just above the elbows. It had a white base, with different coloured butterflies for the pattern. It flared nicely at the bottom and even hand two bands at each side of the waist area to tie a ribbon behind the dress.

 

A subtle beam came across her face again; she loved dresses, but she rarely wore them. But now that she’s in the palace again, it seems as if she’d be able to don on more and more of the dresses she’s yearned f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter