The Fresh Start

Antidote
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shixun was reluctant to let go, but Baekhyun had to pull himself away, leaving his palms to stay on her shoulders. Slowly, he brought his fingers up to her right cheek – softly cupping it and bringing her head up to face him. She’s stopped crying but her eyes were still glassy, and her cheeks were stained with tear tracks. He went on to scrutinise her face, from her bloodied bottom lip to her wounded and badly bruised collarbones.

 

Her once porcelain skin was now tainted and ruined by the scars and marks made by her captors. But what attracted Baekhyun the most though, was the footprint marked on the white uniform she had on.

 

“Did he, step on you?” Baekhyun growled under his breath, removing his other from her shoulder to grip on the printed fabric. “Wait till the King learns of this! He’ll never forgive Shin for doing this to you!”

 

Shixun let out a short chuckle, clutching on her stomach to relieve the pain. Before she could say anything, a voice called upon her friend.

 

“Baekhyun, you can bring her out to the throne hall.” The voice told as more and more people went rushing out while holding the guards who tortured her as captives. “I’ll have to bring Shin with me personally.”

 

At the mention of the Head Guard’s name, Shixun whipped her head up in time to see him being dragged away violently by the – presumably – leader of the group.

 

“What’s happening Baek, how did you find me –”

 

“Everything will be cleared out soon okay,” her best friend assured, clasping both her hands in his. “Right now, we’ve to leave. The King requested for you.”

 

Shixun’s eyes widened at the mention of the King – her godfather – according to Kris. She nodded in response when Baekhyun asked if she could stand on her own, before proceeding to use the wall as support to get on her feet. But Baekhyun could see that she was struggling; and he wondered how long she was forced to push past her pain just to lessen further torturing.

 

“Baek, it’s fine. I can walk on my own.”

 

“You’re limping Shixun.” He shook his head, bringing her arm over his nape and on his shoulder. His hand perfectly stuck itself just above her waist for additional support.
“Let’s go.”

 

Without arguing further, the brunette simply followed his call realising that she didn’t even have the energy to retort; she didn’t even have anything to eat yet.

 

As Baekhyun supported her through and out of the dungeon, pulling h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter