The Past

Antidote
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get out of my house!”

 

Shixun removed the headphones she had on, whipping her head to her bedroom door when she heard her aunt scream from the first floor. Without hesitating, she jumped out of her chair and burst out of her door.

 

 “Aunt Tia!” She called out, running and rushing down the stairs. When she saw who was at the entrance of their house, she froze at the last few steps — eyes widened and mouth slight agape. 

 

“Sh- Shin…”

 

The man at their front door smirked, and Shixun swore her heart pounded faster at every second that passed. She could only stay rooted on the ground. She only managed to regain her posture when Shin screamed in agony; and only then did she realise her aunt managed to grab onto a vase and smash it onto his head.

 

“Run, Shixun!” Her Aunt yelled after kicking Shin in his stomach, “Hurry!”

 

The brunette hesitated for a split second before jumping down the remaining steps and made haste for the side door. She managed to get to the backyard but stopped in her tracks when she noticed —

 

— they already had their house surrounded.

 

“You heartless, disrespectful— ah! Beast!”

 

Shixun turned her head and gasped when Shin had his fist in her aunt’s hair, with a semi-automatic handgun pointed at her head.

 

“Shin! Let her go!”

 

The Head Guard merely smirked, loading the gun as if he was preparing to shoot, “We can all make this less bloody, Wu Shixun.”

 

The girl silently acquiesced, deeply sighing as she let go of the side door’s knob. This wasn’t the first time Shin tried to take her away from her own home personally. There were several attempts before, but he wasn’t the head guard.

 

Thus, he wasn’t able to do anything at all.

 

Up until the day he took over the position – and Shixun believed with all her heart, that the first Head Guard was probably killed by Shin himself.

 

“You can’t run away now, Miss Wu.” Shin cackled to himself, and Shixun swore that his laughter was the biggest thing she hated to hear. “There’s no coming back here.”

 

Nobody said a word, and all Shixun could hear was her aunt’s cussing. The girl brought her head up and walked towards the Head Guard.

 

“Leave her, I’ll follow you.” She submitted, earnestly begging him to release Tia. “Just, don’t hurt her.”

 

Shin loosened his hold on Tia’s hair, but tossed her onto the floor like a useless piece of trash. Without reluctance, Shixun knelt down to meet her aunt’s eyes and took her by her hands. She squeezed them both, noticing that there was a cut in between her forefinger and her thumb; probably due to the broken glass.

 

“Shixun, please.”

 

The brunette simply beamed and reached for her pocket — triggering Shin to point his gun at her.

 

“It’s only a band aid.” Shixun flatly chimed, not even sparring him a glance as she wrapped th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter